• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Uh, pretty sure BOS and NYR sell out every regular season home game.
I dont know how to put this in a post without sounding stupid, but there's sell outs, and then there's a real sell out. A lot of places fill the building, but its not hard to get seats at face value or near face value. As an example non-hockey, Steelers tickets are always sold out. But its not that hard to find a scalper day of the game, and pay barely over scalper price. At least in mine+mine friends limited experience. (One friends been there a lot, he usually finds decent value, if not great seats)I didnt mean to suggest we could easily find face value on ticketmaster, but was wondering if those who have been have had difficulty getting tickets at all. Im thinking we will be ok with paying a premium for the seats, I guess we'll just have to see what that premium is.

I've actually never bought a ticket from a scalper in my life, I'm too terrified of shelling out a hundred bucks and then seeing that light on the scanner go red once I try to redeem it. Always gone through Ticketmaster or Stubhub...and I was even paranoid about the Stubhub tickets until I actually cashed them in and got through the gates.

I've actually never bought a ticket from a scalper in my life, I'm too terrified of shelling out a hundred bucks and then seeing that light on the scanner go red once I try to redeem it. Always gone through Ticketmaster or Stubhub...and I was even paranoid about the Stubhub tickets until I actually cashed them in and got through the gates.
I have used scalpers many many many times. "Knock on wood", never an issue.I know of a guy who brought tickets from Stubhub which were fakes. He travelled from Toronto down to watch the Jets in New Jersey. He got a full refund from Stubhub and they gave him comp tickets for his troubles.
I have a good friend of mine getting married in May. The guys+ I have thrown around a bunch of ideas for stags, and we keep talking about going out of town. And the groom to be is a huge Leafs fans, always loved the idea of out of town Leafs games (ie Chicago, Buffalo, Mtl...)Question for Leafs fans, and non-Leafs fans:1. What do you think the chances of them making the playoffs are? I looked at the standings, looks pretty good as they stand.2. IF they make the playoffs, lets assume they are on the road to start. This year, the season ends on Saturday April 7. Is it fair to assume that the NHL would schedule it in a way so that the Leafs are on the road during the weekdays, and then home for game 3 on Saturday? (HNIC?)I was hoping the weekend of the April 13-15 they would be on the road, and we could go, but Im guessing until the schedule comes out, no way to know this and probably not a good bet, right? 3. I liked the idea of a bunch of guys just waiting until April to find out where they are headed the following week. (Boston, NY, Philly...)But......I have no idea how hard a playoff ticket in those cities would be to get in the first round. Am I being way too optimistic in thinking it wont be that hard or that ridiculously expensive to find 4-8 tickets in these cities? Any thoughts/suggestions?
I study the Eastern Conference standing religiously..Like 2 hours a day I stare at it..Playing the different scenarios in my mind...While the Leafs can miss the playoffs, I think most will agree that they are a pretty solid bet right now. That could change but I think they get in even if they play .500 the rest of the way.The Florida/Washington scenario is a good one as we just need to finish ahead of one of them. I think the "worst playing" team right now in the top 8 has to be Ottawa and I doubt they can make the playoffs .Teams behind the Leafs(other than Washington) need to make up a lot of ground..Winnipeg I dont think has the team. Buffalo, Tampa while supposedly having playoff teams are in too deep a whole to get out IMO. There is 30 games left and if the Leafs finish REALLY strong, they can conceivably be a 4 or 5 seed. Realistically without playing lights out I think 6 or 7th is where we will end up....Barring a 5 or 6 game losing streak this is where I see things finishing.In this scenario the Leafs will open up in Boston, Washington, Florida.If I was to pick one team, I would think it will be Washington.Oh also with regard to available tickets..there are ALWAYS tickets available, its just a matter of how much you need to spend to get them.
Don't really think that Lupul goal should count, even though guys close their hands on the puck like 1,000 times a game.
Yeah, and they should have instant replay so the Ryan Smyth callback would have been a leaf goal..... It's hard to punish lupul for such a sick hand/eye play though.... that was pretty nifty, and I don't like Lupul... And Grabovski? Is it just me or does he look like Crosby out there like he could score every time he touches the puck?
Yeah, and they should have instant replay so the Ryan Smyth callback would have been a leaf goal..... It's hard to punish lupul for such a sick hand/eye play though.... that was pretty nifty, and I don't like Lupul... And Grabovski? Is it just me or does he look like Crosby out there like he could score every time he touches the puck?
When i saw the Lupul play I thought it shouldnt count, but they never call it.Grabo is on a mission. That one play where he went end to end and set up Gardiner was ridicolous.
**** this game
Sorry buddy..I could imagine thats rough when Devan plays the Leafs. Fwiw I think he was left out to dry most of the night. The Oilers defence is brutal. Its a shame because if they dont pick up some d, they are wasting all that talent.

Yeah he screwed up the 4th goal but he was hung out to dry on the rest. Shitty game for a goalie, no easy saves. Not many shots but lots of premier scoring chances

Also, agreed on the defense. I'm beginning to worry they are following in the footsteps of the isles/jackets/panthers more so than Chicago or Pittsburgh. They should package their 2012 lottery pick for an all star calibre d man.

Also, agreed on the defense. I'm beginning to worry they are following in the footsteps of the isles/jackets/panthers more so than Chicago or Pittsburgh. They should package their 2012 lottery pick for an all star calibre d man.
Its crazy that they can actually be in line to pick up Yakupov or Grigorenko..Its obvious what there needs are but how can they not draft one of those two guys if they had the chance?Also its rare to see a pick like that traded, but interesting with what it would fetch.****Kessel trade is different as it wasnt a lottery pick when trade was made.
So hard to give up such a high pick, esp if they are in line for top 2/3.Who is a good example of a D they could really use? Im guessing they would want someone young-ish. If they could get their hands on a Duncan Keith, that would be my choice, but obv a dream.It just feels like they need more than 1 though. (btw, I think Gagner would be a great fit in Chicago)

Some points from tonight:- Reimer wasnt great early, but he made a couple of huge saves in the third when we needed it.- Kessel was a plus 4 , first time in his career- a game with no penalties..Pretty rareNo words to describe Grabovski...Makes things very tough on Burke..Standings are getting exciting...getting close to Pittsburgh and Philly...WinnipegPhillyMontrealLets go

- a game with no penalties..Pretty rare
Anyone see a stat on how rare this is in the NHL? Some local refs and I were talking about it the other day cause I told them I had a no penalty game. I believe I've had 2 in about 150 games but both were blow outs in a non-checking level where there was no physical play at all.
Anyone see a stat on how rare this is in the NHL? Some local refs and I were talking about it the other day cause I told them I had a no penalty game. I believe I've had 2 in about 150 games but both were blow outs in a non-checking level where there was no physical play at all.
Not sure about the NHL but the last time the Leafs were involved in a penalty free game was March 28, 2001

Exciting night in the east with lots of playoff implications.Lots of fun stuff..We need to catch the Pennsylvania teams

79.1 Hand Pass - A player shall be permitted to stop or “bat” a puck in the air with his open hand, or push it along the ice with his hand, and the play shall not be stopped unless, in the opinion of the Referee, he has directed the puck to a teammate.A player shall be permitted to catch the puck out of the air but must immediately place it or knock it down to the ice. If he catches it and skates with it, either to avoid a check or to gain a territorial advantage over his opponent, a minor penalty shall be assessed for “closing his hand on the puck” under Rule 67 – Handling Puck.Lupul's goal seems completely fine, then. Sick play by him.

Screw the Habs/Pens game..Try to watch but its not in HD because RDS is showing in HD..RDS is like the only channel I dont get..Screw that shit...I am paying for Centre Ice and cant watch all the games in HD?Zachlike rant over.