Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Interesting..Leafs add Rick Dudley to management team.
good for them. He's a smart guy who I eblieve knows what hes doing. Hopefully not too late to get some good input for tonight.Dudley keeps getting the shaft after doing some strong builds. Watch the Jets, I believe thats a very good team there.
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Hmm, interesting. Not sure I'm crazy about Liles, or getting another defenseman, but I guess the price is not terrible.
Looks like a set-up to another move. Maybe the Leafs deal another d-man for some forward help or maybe Komisarek gets fingered or sent to a team trying to reach the floor.
Leafs acquire JM Liles for a 2nd evidently. edit:2012 2nd, not tonight.
DownGoesBrownDown Goes BrownSo the trade is now: Tomas Kaberle for a first round pick, a top prospect, and a guy who is basically another Tomas Kaberle. #nottooshabby
DownGoesBrownDown Goes BrownSo the trade is now: Tomas Kaberle for a first round pick, a top prospect, and a guy who is basically another Tomas Kaberle. #nottooshabby
I knew Tomas Kaberle as a Leaf. Ive seen JM Liles play. Mr.Liles is no Tomas Kaberle.
I knew Tomas Kaberle as a Leaf. Ive seen JM Liles play. Mr.Liles is no Tomas Kaberle.
Yup, Liles will shoot the puck on occasion as opposed to Kaberle.

We were very close to getting liles at the deadline. I think it's a good addition to the pp. Also like it when players waive the no trade clause to come to Toronto Welcome to Toronto jml.

Leafs acquire JM Liles for a 2nd evidently. edit:2012 2nd, not tonight.
Solid deal. It's a bit pointless if Liles signs somewhere else, but I think deals like this are good value when an extension is reasonable for both sides. I'm happy with this, even if we're looking at too many D again.

DownGoesBrownDown Goes BrownTSN says Tyler Biggs compares to Milan Lucic. So, training camp should take care of that whole Mike Komisarek problem.

I somewhat disagree. When he is healthy Liles can be a scary player. I always feared him when the Canucks and Avs were battling it out for playoff spots and division titles.
Solid deal. It's a bit pointless if Liles signs somewhere else, but I think deals like this are good value when an extension is reasonable for both sides. I'm happy with this, even if we're looking at too many D again.
You can never have too many quality dman my friend..Liles is the perfect fit in Toronto right now. Offensive PP dman, who will complement Schenn,Phaneuf,Aulie,Gunnar,Komisarek for top 6

J M Liles offensive numbers compared to Kaberle very close , slightly better if you take in consideration he played less games.The number that surprised me was the amount of blocked shots and hits he had...While he isnt a great defensive dman, playing on a bad team last year put up good numbers.The defense should be much better this year, if Phaneuf plays like he did the second half and Aulie and Gunnar continue their development.Now if we can only get Komisarek to play anywhere like his oldself we have one of the best dman core in the league.

J M Liles offensive numbers compared to Kaberle very close , slightly better if you take in consideration he played less games.The number that surprised me was the amount of blocked shots and hits he had...While he isnt a great defensive dman, playing on a bad team last year put up good numbers.The defense should be much better this year, if Phaneuf plays like he did the second half and Aulie and Gunnar continue their development.Now if we can only get Komisarek to play anywhere like his oldself we have one of the best dman core in the league.
I see your already in off season training. :club:

Joshua Leivo #86LW – Sudbury Wolves (OHL)Born May 26 1993 -- Innisfil, ONTHeight 6.02 -- Weight 180 -- Shoots RHP Rank 75: doesn’t put up numbers, but his style of play makes it quite possible for him to find a role on the bottom 6 of a team down the road in his career.Tom Nilsson, D, Mora #100Sometimes overlooked when thrown in with Sweden's other impressive defenders, Nilsson can sometimes be the most dangerous weapon they have. Nilsson can flat out hit and he loves to do it. His physical play during the U18 tournament was impressive to say the least and changed the momentum in his team's favor on several occasions. A part from his deceivingly good physical play, Nilsson is fairly well rounded and can be counted on to do what is asked of him. His skating can still improve but overall Nilsson is a player who really thrust himself into the draft discussion with his end of year playTony Cameranesi - C - 5-9/162 - HIGH-MN #130has blazing speed and can drive wide with seeming ease .. closes ground quickly on the backcheck and in races for the puck .. has a hard, crisp wristshot .. showed a consistent effort in the Elite League, where he was surrounded by teammates that could do something with his passes ... one of ten finalists for the 2011 Minnesota Mr. Hockey award ... committed to Minnesota-Duluth (2012-13

David Broll #152Left Wing – Soo Greyhounds (OHL)Born January 4, 1993 -Mississauga, Ont.Height 6.02 - Weight 216 - Shoots LHP: Going forward, Broll will need to vigorously work on his skating abilities if he wants a shot at an NHL career. Broll’s size, physicality, and willingness to punish opposing players will likely be worth a mid-round pick on it’s own. Whoever selects Broll will need to thoroughly help him improve his skating in order for him to become an effective NHL prospect

Dennis Robertson #173DefenseBorn May 24 1991 -- Fort St John, BC Height 6.00 -- Weight 195 -- Shoots L