• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

This post might soon belong in the Leafs suck thread, but for now, I'll put it here. TSN (Dreger) is reporting Leafs about to announce a trade that would be considered a "major change". After the announcement, its possible Ill move the post over, based on the results of said major change.

I don't understand why they would get Giguere. Like, he's not good, and costs a billion dollars.
Giguere and a 1st rounder for the Leafs 6th rounder.Essentially a salary dump for Anaheim (who needs it badly) and Leafs get a high pick.That might be best case scenario though, Im guessing more players and probably just a 2nd rounder.
This causes a temp return to this thread..Very happy we got Phaneuf..Waiting to see what we gave up
Not that there's much on the roster that we'd be upset about the Leafs giving up, but this deal really depends on who was traded the other way, IMO.Phaneuf has been pretty average the last 2 years, as well, so it could end up being a good deal if he gets it back on track, or it could end up being just another failed trade for an overrated star.Time will tell.
Not that there's much on the roster that we'd be upset about the Leafs giving up, but this deal really depends on who was traded the other way, IMO.Phaneuf has been pretty average the last 2 years, as well, so it could end up being a good deal if he gets it back on track, or it could end up being just another failed trade for an overrated star.Time will tell.
details trickling in..Looks like Stajan and White are the components of a major tradeAlso reports of Giguere coming to Toronto ...This is a huge day in leafs land.

Without seeing the return, I think this is a great move. When your this bad, taking a chance on such a young player, who showed all-star abilities not so long ago, is a no-brainer. Hmm, 9 defencemen? They must be moving someone. Seriously, more I think about it, more I love this for the Leafs.

from the star

GM Brian Burke has shaken up his struggling squad in a blockbuster multi-team trades with the Calgary Flames and Anaheim Ducks, according to various reports.The Leafs ended up with Flames defenceman Dion Phaneuf for Matt Stajan and Ian White. The Leafs also get a prospect from Abbottsford, said ESPN.com.Vesa Toskala, a free agent in the summer, was sent to the Ducks for goalie JS Giguere and a draft pick. Giguere has one more year left on his deal and will earn $7 million (U.S.).There was a delay while Giguere made up his mind whether to waive his no trade clause.Stajan is an unrestricted free agent. White is a restricted free agent.

I love this trade..Confirmed:Phaneuf, Sjostrom and Auley to Toronto for Hagman, Stajan, Mayers and white!!

Sjostrom is a good little player, fwiw.Don't know much about Aulie.No idea why anyone would want Mayers.This is a decent move for Calgary as Stajan and Hagman are both pretty solid 2nd liners, and will help their depth at forward a lot.I like it for Toronto too, for the reasons Arp states. Buy low on this guy who could be a #1 defenseman at some point.

I liked Hagman, I wonder what Calgary fans are thinking. Also I wonder if this will set up a Kovalchuk trade from Atlanta.
Stajan and White are free agents so not a big loss...Hagman is a very good player who should score close to 30 this year..Burke is live right now and says another trade(most likely Giguere) will be announced very soon