• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Frustration just abounds for this team..Its not like they we are a bad team like the Habs, who are just bad..The reality is we usually outwork, outhustle and outchance our opponents EVERY night. We totally dominated that game in the second period but when you go down 2-0 every ****ing game its impossible to win..LIKE EVERY ****ING GAME..not just one..EVERY ****ING GAME.**** it..The one constant we had , the great goaltending of the Monster was out the window..He had the worst game of his short NHL career and gave up 3 quick goals..if its not one thing its the other..I am confident things will eventually gel..Until then..Everyone needs to **** a cow.

Frustration just abounds for this team..Its not like they we are a bad team like the Habs, who are just bad..The reality is we usually outwork, outhustle and outchance our opponents EVERY night. We totally dominated that game in the second period but when you go down 2-0 every ****ing game its impossible to win..LIKE EVERY ****ING GAME..not just one..EVERY ****ING GAME.**** it..The one constant we had , the great goaltending of the Monster was out the window..He had the worst game of his short NHL career and gave up 3 quick goals..if its not one thing its the other..I am confident things will eventually gel..Until then..Everyone needs to **** a cow.
I think i found the leak in the leafs game.

I love how the population of habs fans increases in this thread whenever the Leafs lose a few games in a row, which is ironic considering the Habs sparkling performance on saturday night, looking like a Junior A team against those all powerful and dominant Nashville Predators. Seriously people, you have your own thread, F*** off.

How can you say that was an obvious goal? I've never seen the replay take so long as that one last night. I don't think it was the Leafs starting to play when you were down big, more like the Hawks relaxed when they were up big. Not something a team should do in todays NHL, even against the Leafs.
I completely disagree with this. The puck completely dissapears behind the post, from a frontal angle. Then you can clearly see the puck coming out of the net from behind the post. There is no clear angle of the puck over the goal line, but that shouldn't mater if you can logically draw a conclusion from the footage that the puck was in the net. If a goalie has his whole glove in the net, then he pulls it out and lifts it up and the puck is under there, can we call it no goal since nobody actually saw the puck in the net?
I completely disagree with this. The puck completely dissapears behind the post, from a frontal angle. Then you can clearly see the puck coming out of the net from behind the post. There is no clear angle of the puck over the goal line, but that shouldn't mater if you can logically draw a conclusion from the footage that the puck was in the net. If a goalie has his whole glove in the net, then he pulls it out and lifts it up and the puck is under there, can we call it no goal since nobody actually saw the puck in the net?
Dangerous precedent if the NHL started allowing goals that were “logically” in the net.
While I agree that the puck was most likely in the net, the rule is written very clearly: the replay official must see CONCLUSIVE evidence that the puck is over the line to change the call. The referee, while being in the correct position could not possibly have seen the puck in the net, so there is no way that he should have signalled goal, therefore HE made the correct call. The video replay official (as well as everyone else who saw the replays) could not find any conclusive evidence that the puck was over the line. Therefore, correct call. The game would be in serious trouble overall if the officials started drawing conclusions instead of calling what they see...
ge'll return when the leafs win their next game...i will leave the door open for someone else to make the obvious punchline here
Serge, it was nice chatting with you.I wish you the best of luck in life and success in your future posting position

speaking of that goal .. remember the stupid chip they used for the americans to see the puck ?? is there not some way to insert a chip in the puck to let them know when it crosses the line ? im sure we are advanced enough to figure that out ..serge your def right the leafs do out hussle and work most of there teams just lack finishing,also the 3 goals your reffering :i think: to were not "weak" goals 2 of them were off the post and in and the other he had no chance, he is there future and only chance they have to win until they get some goal scorers.my comment wasnt to drive you away sorry if it offended you just like to razz leafs fans since i know what it was like rooting for a shity team

by the way, please don't leave Serge. This thread is overrun by fans of other teams as it is, it is liable to die altogether if we lose our most prolific supporter. Don't listen to the haters.

sw?
Pretty sure there is no sw in that post. I find this all funny because leaf fans were all uppity over the phantom highsticking call saying that the ref made a bad call because he never actually saw the player get hit with the stick. But now you are all uppity because a goal was called off where the refs didn't see it cross the line and the video replay didn't show it, you all think that they should have just assumed it did and that is enough. Funny that.
Pretty sure there is no sw in that post. I find this all funny because leaf fans were all uppity over the phantom highsticking call saying that the ref made a bad call because he never actually saw the player get hit with the stick. But now you are all uppity because a goal was called off where the refs didn't see it cross the line and the video replay didn't show it, you all think that they should have just assumed it did and that is enough. Funny that.
Wow, you really are touchy about the Red Wings.
you seem to be more upset at this than anyone else.What I find funny is how upset and defensive other teams fans get at the reaction of leafs fans, in their own threads/forums. Who cares if we bitch amongst our selves about phantom calls and phantom goals? Find me a hockey forum/thread devoted a a team where homerism doesn't exist, and I will give you a gold star and a pat on the back.
you seem to be more upset at this than anyone else.What I find funny is how upset and defensive other teams fans get at the reaction of leafs fans, in their own threads/forums. Who cares if we bitch amongst our selves about phantom calls and phantom goals? Find me a hockey forum/thread devoted a a team where homerism doesn't exist, and I will give you a gold star and a pat on the back.
I don't get how you read what I wrote and think I am upset. I really don't. I just stated my opinion that I surely don't want referee's being able to make decisions based on assumptions. You seem to want that to be the case but at the same time you were upset that a ref made an assumption and made a horrible call, that I agreed completely was a totally ridiculous call to make that ended up costing the Leafs the game.I also root for the Leafs and actually have watched more Leafs games this year than Wings games. Don't make assumptions. I have never bashed the Leafs nor have I ever trolled in this thread. I have actually defended serge many times and I am often annoyed by the trolling by some of the Habs fans in this thread when there is a thread for them to do all that. Now I am annoyed you fucktard.