Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

So, Serge. I'm curious what you think about the Pogge situation.Maybe him getting out of the spotlight and pressure in Toronto will be good for him, but maybe the Leafs are giving up too early? I don't know. He's obviously been far from impressive, even on the Marlies. Interesting situation.Also, the Leafs signed Joey MacDonald, which is a nice depth signing in case that Swedish phenom busts, or him or Toskala get injured.

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

So, Serge. I'm curious what you think about the Pogge situation.Maybe him getting out of the spotlight and pressure in Toronto will be good for him, but maybe the Leafs are giving up too early? I don't know. He's obviously been far from impressive, even on the Marlies. Interesting situation.Also, the Leafs signed Joey MacDonald, which is a nice depth signing in case that Swedish phenom busts, or him or Toskala get injured.
I was never sold on Pogge. From the few games i saw him play, he just looked pretty brutal. Also he wasnt even doing well in the AHL. Two years ago when the Marlies had a decent playoff run, they didnt even him play him in crucial games.I think that Pogge might be better suited elsewhere to start fresh. I am obviously disappointed that all we have to show for Tuuka Rask now is a conditional draft pick.However everything is relative. The Monster may end up having a better career than Rask.I also havent heard any official news on the three 100 year old goalies we had under contract last year. Joseph,Kolzig and Gerber.I thought they may have signed Gerber as a third stringer, but I guess not. Assuming Joseph is retiring and Kolzig not sure.
I was never sold on Pogge. From the few games i saw him play, he just looked pretty brutal. Also he wasnt even doing well in the AHL. Two years ago when the Marlies had a decent playoff run, they didnt even him play him in crucial games.I think that Pogge might be better suited elsewhere to start fresh. I am obviously disappointed that all we have to show for Tuuka Rask now is a conditional draft pick.However everything is relative. The Monster may end up having a better career than Rask.I also havent heard any official news on the three 100 year old goalies we had under contract last year. Joseph,Kolzig and Gerber.I thought they may have signed Gerber as a third stringer, but I guess not. Assuming Joseph is retiring and Kolzig not sure.
I thought Gerber signed with a KHL team.
I thought Gerber signed with a KHL team.
yes you are correct..Ironically with the same team that Ray Emery played for.

October 1st is around the corner.Be very scared, the Bay Street Bullies are coming to a rink near you.Even our new goalie is called "The Monster"

• 2 weeks later...

in danger of falling to the second page.We are exactly 31 days from the first regular season tilt vs the Habs.GO LEAFS GO

It would be nice if the Leafs opened the Habs season in Montreal, same for Ottawa and Buffalo. I thinks it's been 7 or 9 seasons that we start the season on the road. And this year when we get back, Colorado will be waiting to open the Bell Centre, thanks a lot NHL.

It would be nice if the Leafs opened the Habs season in Montreal, same for Ottawa and Buffalo. I thinks it's been 7 or 9 seasons that we start the season on the road. And this year when we get back, Colorado will be waiting to open the Bell Centre, thanks a lot NHL.
i understand what you mean...The Leafs usually dont open at home, but this will be fun...Good luck mon ami, and all the best this year...We will agree to some friendly rivalry....GO LEAFS GO
i understand what you mean...The Leafs usually dont open at home, but this will be fun...Good luck mon ami, and all the best this year...We will agree to some friendly rivalry....GO LEAFS GO
I see you've been practicing your Jedi mind tricks.

from a value standpoint, the trade is terrible and the offer sheet plan is even worse. it's FOR SURE a step in the wrong direction.but it is exciting, I'll give them that.

from a value standpoint, the trade is terrible and the offer sheet plan is even worse. it's FOR SURE a step in the wrong direction.but it is exciting, I'll give them that.
A first, second and 3rd for a 21 year old 36 goal scorer is a pretty good deal.
In essence, it's a first, a second, and TWO thirds.and this is all for the privilege of vastly overpaying that 21 year old.and again, I'd be giddy if I were a leafs fan, just the same.
Exactly...This makes so much sense if Burke is gonna make a play for Kessel.To build a champion calibre team you have to do the following:Address your goalie situation.....CHECKImprove your defensive play by acquiring defensive minded players..............CHECKAdd toughness and grit to complement your skilled players......................CHECKDont waste your money on over the hill, overpriced midget free agents.....CHECK(Alo Monsieur Gainey)Go ahead and acquire a couple of young purely skilled offensive players........If he can add Kessel this year and a free agent next summer, we are on course.I think this team is a couple of top 6 forwards away from competing deep in the playoffs. Last year we were a terrible defensive team, and Burke has addressed that.The current cap situation in Boston , will make it very difficult for them to match an offer of $20 mill over 4 years, without them losing an integral part of their team.Pure Genious..
Exactly...This makes so much sense if Burke is gonna make a play for Kessel.To build a champion calibre team you have to do the following:Address your goalie situation.....CHECKImprove your defensive play by acquiring defensive minded players..............CHECKAdd toughness and grit to complement your skilled players......................CHECKDont waste your money on over the hill, overpriced midget free agents.....CHECK(Alo Monsieur Gainey)Go ahead and acquire a couple of young purely skilled offensive players........If he can add Kessel this year and a free agent next summer, we are on course.I think this team is a couple of top 6 forwards away from competing deep in the playoffs. Last year we were a terrible defensive team, and Burke has addressed that.The current cap situation in Boston , will make it very difficult for them to match an offer of $20 mill over 4 years, without them losing an integral part of their team.Pure Genious..
I don't see why the Leafs have to rush it with Kessel or any other younger kid on a team with cap problems. If the team can't afford him, the kid will leave eventually on his own.The leafs are completely capable of doing a home-grown thing, it's just that you all have ZERO patience. The city FINALLY accepted that it might need to rebuild and now you're blowing up a part of that process to acquire a high-priced kid from another system. I look at it as a step back, even though it will improve the team this season.
I think you guys are freaking out about this. I HIGHLY doubt that Toronto is preparing an offer sheet for Kessel.
was looking good until eklund gave it an (e4)
even if the offer sheet is option is never used, I still hate the trade. the leafs need a stronger farm system, plain and simple.
The leafs have been acquiring draft picks for the last few years, and stockpiling prospects along with collegiate signings....Go back the last few years and see how many Phil Kessel's that have been drafted outside the top 5. Having said that the Bruins have said they will match any offer. Lol at this, who are they gonna trade or demote to make this happen?