• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

I think we played a great game overall....outplayed them most of the game...Blake looked amazing...Not a terrible result..Obviously would of loved the win but we will take it

I think we played a great game overall....outplayed them most of the game...Blake looked amazing small and weak...Not a terrible result..Obviously would of loved the win but we will take it
FYP

I actually agree with serge.. the first line looked tremendous at times. Blakes speed was a factor on several occasions. Unfortunately, the leafs old problems of weak D and shakey goaltending decided the game. They deserved a better outcome as they outplayed the sens. But your goalie and your D are part of your team, and it's team sport. On the plus side, I've already won one of my bets with serge, and I'm ahead on the Sens vs Leafs bet, as well as jason blake being on a pace for zero goals this season......

I actually agree with serge.. the first line looked tremendous at times. Blakes speed was a factor on several occasions. Unfortunately, the leafs old problems of weak D and shakey goaltending decided the game. They deserved a better outcome as they outplayed the sens. But your goalie and your D are part of your team, and it's team sport. On the plus side, I've already won one of my bets with serge, and I'm ahead on the Sens vs Leafs bet, as well as jason blake being on a pace for zero goals this season......
Sundin is on pace for 164 points though.
can someone tell me why we kept kubina when we could of easily traded him during the off season? he looks slow and useless just like lastyear...
Kubina is actually a good dman if you dont take the salary into account...I am sure JFJ tried to move him but at $5 million not too many takers..
Kubina is actually a good dman if you dont take the salary into account...I am sure JFJ tried to move him but at $5 million not too many takers..
Last night, it was the leafs stud defenseman, Kaberle, that looked like hell. Vermette got him going the wrong way and blew his doors off on the outside on one goal, and Kaberle coughed up the puck for a breakaway in the second....
Last night, it was the leafs stud defenseman, Kaberle, that looked like hell. Vermette got him going the wrong way and blew his doors off on the outside on one goal, and Kaberle coughed up the puck for a breakaway in the second....
I agree...I actually was impressed with Kubina,White,Woz and Gill....Kaberle and Mccabe didnt play great...
I agree...I actually was impressed with Kubina,White,Woz and Gill....Kaberle and Mccabe didnt play great...
Well, lets not get carried away... the others played decently, but they weren't really pushed by the Sens. The leafs offense deserves the credit for pushing the play. There was a stretch in the third where the Sens turned it up and the Leaf D (all of them) looked bad. But Raycroft came up with some big saves. Unfortunately, it was the easy saves that proved to be the problem....

Blake looked awesome last night----Toronto fans will LOVE this guySmall and weak??? were you watching a different game???The biggest problem was with Raycroft.....now, dont get me wrong, he made some great saves but here is the problem:I call it Felix Potvin Syndrome-------Make some UNBELIEVEABLE saves and let a couple softies in. there is nothing that hurts a team more than watching your goalie let in a soft one. it destroys the confidence in the whole teamPS I hate Antropov

Very disappointing result....However the Leafs looked great against Ottawa...They totally outshot them, outplayed them in both games...Every call went against the leafs tonight...Goal got called back which was ridicolous....The referees should be ashamed of themselves...Toskala was phenomenal tonight....

i also thought steens goal should have stood
Disagree, you can't bump the goalie and score a goal as a result. Just can't. It was clear to me that the goalie hadn't recovered from Blake's interference when the puck went in the net. Commentators line of the night:"The fans call a penalty...the refs do not."Can't remember which game that was, but it was funny.
Disagree, you can't bump the goalie and score a goal as a result. Just can't. It was clear to me that the goalie hadn't recovered from Blake's interference when the puck went in the net. Commentators line of the night:"The fans call a penalty...the refs do not."Can't remember which game that was, but it was funny.
When I initially saw the play, I too thought the goal should have stood. However, the netcam replay provided the perfect angle. Blake's interference with Gerber pulled his right pad across the crease, opening up the five hole. Which happens to be exactly where the puck went in. Correct call.

are you kidding me....he barely touched Gerber...Its so frustrating to play such a great two games and come up with a point...The difference is the power play...Its just not clicking right now, when it does this team will be unstoppable...Also after last night , I think its pretty obvious who the number one goalie is...

are you kidding me....he barely touched Gerber...Its so frustrating to play such a great two games and come up with a point...The difference is the power play...Its just not clicking right now, when it does this team will be unstoppable...Also after last night , I think its pretty obvious who the number one goalie is...
Serge, I know your love makes you blind, but watch the net cam replay. Blake CLEARLY dragged Gerber's right pad open as he went through him. If he doesn't do that, there is no goal. Be loyal, but don't be an idiot..... Objectivity makes you a smarter hockey fan.