Hellmuth Punched In Face Video

Sam Grizzle a few years back actually punched him... I just love the way he taunts Phil at the table... lol you should watch 2003 wsop....

Sam Grizzle a few years back actually punched him... I just love the way he taunts Phil at the table... lol you should watch 2003 wsop....
That really is a great episode where Grizzle makes the comment about taking it outside.
That really is a great episode where Grizzle makes the comment about taking it outside.
imo Grizzle is a scumbag but he is really funny here. This is truly a classic.In part 3 the best part of the whole thing:Phil: "When you're a Hold'em Champion that's just the way it is"Sam: "What if you're just a goofball that catches cards"Oh and warning pt. 2 has the topless Phil shot.

My guess is that this is from the filming for the newest WSOP video game. I remember Phil talking about it in one of his text or video blogs a while back. Apparently, as you play ( and beat) him heads up in the game he shows effects of the beating in cut scene videos.

Yeah, but he put Phil on tilt....I can't remember, does Phil get the "Last laugh"?
Yeah Phil eventually busts Sam.Sam then I'm sure went to every live game in the Horseshoe looking for a stake.
Hellmuth getting that guy to fold his Trip Jacks was pretty good....and Phil does ultimately send Sam home.
I've never really understood that play. Is he really giving him KK or a better kicker?
I've never really understood that play. Is he really giving him KK or a better kicker?
From what I recall about that hand, there was a lot of speculation that ESPN changed the hole cards. I seem to remember Paul Phillips and others making a big deal about that practice (ESPN after tournament editing) taking place a lot, at least in the early years of hole card cams etc. People were contacted months after the event, and asked what they had on certain hands etc etc.I wouldn't put it past ESPN to change the hand to make Phil look better.

This thread brings back fun, albiet uneasy Sam memories. During the WSOP I sweat Steve7 in a high cash game against Sam and a few other notable (but not well known) players at Bellagio. I had forgotten who Sam was to be honest and thought he was just some cocky old school poker curmudgeon.I found Sam to be both hilarious and yet completely despicable at the same time. Quite a feat, but overall I would not trust this guy as far as I could throw him. To be honest, he scared me. Steve said to him at one point, as Sam was just being particularly obnoxious and racially inappropriate towards an African American opponent, "Sam, you have got to be the most unpleasant person I know". Sam said little back, as Steve had his number this night. The Af. Am. gent also got Sam back pretty good. It was very funny, but I thought these 2 actually just might go at it at some point. They didn't.btw, Steve also beat that session for a decent mid (edit:) 5 figures. :club:

This thread brings back fun, albiet uneasy Sam memories. During the WSOP I sweat Steve7 in a high cash game against Sam and a few other notable (but not well known) players at Bellagio. I had forgotten who Sam was to be honest and thought he was just some cocky old school poker curmudgeon.I found Sam to be both hilarious and yet completely despicable at the same time. Quite a feat, but overall I would not trust this guy as far as I could throw him. To be honest, he scared me. Steve said to him at one point, as Sam was just being particularly obnoxious and racially inappropriate towards an African American opponent, "Sam, you have got to be the most unpleasant person I know". Sam said little back, as Steve had his number this night. The Af. Am. gent also got Sam back pretty good. It was very funny, but I thought these 2 actually just might go at it at some point. They didn't.btw, Steve also beat that session for a decent mid 7 figures. :club:
Ummmm......$5,000,000?
This thread brings back fun, albiet uneasy Sam memories.
He definitely is a character. I played 30/60 LH with him at Bellagio and he sat there losing 3 buy-ins telling everyone how much better he was then every pro in the room. He left for an hour then must have hustled up a stake because he sat in a 200/400 LH game.
Michael Craig wrote a funny piece on Sam Grizzle living off of Mike Matusow's couch. Here's the link (I think it's a 3 part story):http://pokerworks.com/blogs/craigsjournal/...y-grizzly-bear/
What a let down.That story basically boiled down to: "I was interviewing MM and wound up giving Grizzle a ride someplace." Not much of a story really.
What a let down.That story basically boiled down to: "I was interviewing MM and wound up giving Grizzle a ride someplace." Not much of a story really.
I didn't promise you James Joyce or other life changing material, but its worth reading for a few minutes of amusement.
From what I recall about that hand, there was a lot of speculation that ESPN changed the hole cards. I seem to remember Paul Phillips and others making a big deal about that practice (ESPN after tournament editing) taking place a lot, at least in the early years of hole card cams etc. People were contacted months after the event, and asked what they had on certain hands etc etc.I wouldn't put it past ESPN to change the hand to make Phil look better.
they combined hands theresomeone noticed at the time, during the hand when they show his hole cards, he has a stack of chips in his right hand. when they show him thinking, and eventually folding, he has no chips in his hand.they took the hole cards from one hand and transposed them into anotherthanks ESPN