Dn Playing Some 100/200 Nl

yea thats pretty smart i know online phil leaves himself usually 3 buy ins and leaves if he loses but i have know doubt that a month or so you will have a huge improvement and confidence jump and wldnt doubt seen you play for 250-1000 hands once you get more used to it obv as for online do you ever think of using any programs like all of these other online players use. i myself dont use any but if i new how i definetly would look for any edge . whats your take on it ?

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of Phil Ivey's biggest strengths, both online and live is his ability to quit when losing and play longer when winning. I feel as though online it's even more important so I'll put no ceiling on my wins but think that 20,000 for one session is a good stopping point.
Great philosophy. That's exactly what I've noticed from Phil Ivey when he is playing online, he quits immediately if he loses big, and if he's winning he stays till the other guy(s) quits.That's Mike Matusow's biggest weakness online. He loses, and then keeps reloading till his whole BR is gone.
Does he play many WPT events? (I really dont know if he does) He's the best NL hold em player out there just because he hasn't placed / performed well in a certain circuit doesn't mean there are better players. How many big names have multiple Final tables on the WPT?? I know Phil has made at least one final table, I think it was in the first season. Its not like making the final table is a common thing so basing his skill level on WPT performances isn't really a good example.So if you're going by results, then you wouldn't hesitate to stake phil in any WSOP NLHE event right?
But I am curious to hear some names.
You gotta be kidding me with the bolded names. Most of the others I haven't seen play or even heard of them. And for the ones I've heard of I've only seen them playing cash games. (Ya I dont really follow the poker scene religiously) I know phil isn't one of the better cash game players in the world but you were talking about tourney stakes.And saying 80% of the people playing at stars are better is just laughable. Its obvious you straight up don't like the guy, but that doesn't make him any less of a player and giving online players that kind of credit is retarded.
I'm done with you. You're not very smart....you said he's the best no limit hold'em player in the world, thats it, thats all you said. The people I named are ALL imo better than Hellmuth at NL Hold'em (except for maybe 2 or 3 exagerrations, but I was trying to prove my point, that he's not good) . If you had said he's the best at playing nl tourneys with horrible structures vs the worst players in the world, then I wouldn't have listed anyone. Stop posting about things you have 0 clue about, instead just go back to watching espn and further developing your expertise.
I'm done with you. You're not very smart....you said he's the best no limit hold'em player in the world, thats it, thats all you said. The people I named are ALL imo better than Hellmuth at NL Hold'em (except for maybe 2 or 3 exagerrations, but I was trying to prove my point, that he's not good) . If you had said he's the best at playing nl tourneys with horrible structures vs the worst players in the world, then I wouldn't have listed anyone. Stop posting about things you have 0 clue about, instead just go back to watching espn and further developing your expertise.
game, set, match!

I have a question... I was railing the $20 rebuy a bit ago :club: , and they were talking about how ADZ and Stinger set up DN. One of them said there was a thread about it and this is all i could find pertaining to it. Something about they agreed to raise it to 2500 preflop on every hand? I don't know if this is true or not, but it could be they were colluding. Obv they were already talking to each other through IM. Does anyone know anything about this? Just curious...

Great philosophy. That's exactly what I've noticed from Phil Ivey when he is playing online, he quits immediately if he loses big, and if he's winning he stays till the other guy(s) quits.That's Mike Matusow's biggest weakness online. He loses, and then keeps reloading till his whole BR is gone.
I think Ivey's stop loss is at 3 BI's.
You gotta be kidding me with the bolded names. Most of the others I haven't seen play or even heard of them. And for the ones I've heard of I've only seen them playing cash games. (Ya I dont really follow the poker scene religiously) I know phil isn't one of the better cash game players in the world but you were talking about tourney stakes.And saying 80% of the people playing at stars are better is just laughable. Its obvious you straight up don't like the guy, but that doesn't make him any less of a player and giving online players that kind of credit is retarded.
I don't want to spend too much time on this topic or Phil Hellmuth. You pointed out Ted Forrest as one of the bolded players that you were surprised about.In all fairness, Ted is one of the most talented poker players ever. Seriously.
I don't want to spend too much time on this topic or Phil Hellmuth. You pointed out Ted Forrest as one of the bolded players that you were surprised about.In all fairness, Ted is one of the most talented poker players ever. Seriously.
Good thing too, because he would lose his shirt as a runner.
I like how you go back and cover the parts of my posts where I didn't explain what I meant. You're a ****ing douche bag. I can only hope one day I'm seated at your table just so I can have the opportunity to take your chips and laugh in your face. My games not there yet so go ahead and shit on my skills all you want. Seems like thats your thing.You tell me to go back to watching ESPN. . .Ok. I'll watch it and see players like Hellmuth, DN, Cunningham, hmmm wheres JC Tran at?? Oh hes just some guy who couldnt quite finish the job in a WPT event. I wasn't even hating on you until you made this post. I wasn't hating on anyone at all. So ya I'm glad you're "done with me" Begone you bitter twat. steve: Ya I know Forrest is a talented player. Am I not entitled to my own opinions on players? I like Hellmuth over Forrest any day.
The difference is, that JC and Steve base their opinions on experience.
Thats awesome!! Who they like better / think is better playing means absolutely nothing to me, I'm not gonna change my opinion on Phil based on how a couple of pro's feel.
Thats awesome!! Who they like better / think is better playing means absolutely nothing to me, I'm not gonna change my opinion on Phil based on how a couple of pro's feel.
Do internet forums just breed these guys? Seriously even Gman is laughing at you right now
Wow. :club:
I like how you go back and cover the parts of my posts where I didn't explain what I meant. You're a ****ing douche bag. I can only hope one day I'm seated at your table just so I can have the opportunity to take your chips and laugh in your face. My games not there yet so go ahead and shit on my skills all you want. Seems like thats your thing.You tell me to go back to watching ESPN. . .Ok. I'll watch it and see players like Hellmuth, DN, Cunningham, hmmm wheres JC Tran at?? Oh hes just some guy who couldnt quite finish the job in a WPT event. I wasn't even hating on you until you made this post. I wasn't hating on anyone at all. So ya I'm glad you're "done with me" Begone you bitter twat.
LOL and LOL. do you even know who you are talking to/about???
Do internet forums just breed these guys? Seriously even Gman is laughing at you right now
Cool. Do I get money for that?? I'll be the first one to admit that I'm sounding stupid and stubborn, so go ahead and do your worst at pointing it out. The way this is going, its like Phil is the worst pro out there and I'm the only one who didn't know :club::D Ya an 11 time bracelet winner cant be a good, but I'll still give him all the credit in the world.
Cool. Do I get money for that?? I'll be the first one to admit that I'm sounding stupid and stubborn, so go ahead and do your worst at pointing it out. The way this is going, its like Phil is the worst pro out there and I'm the only one who didn't know :club::D Ya an 11 time bracelet winner cant be a good, but I'll still give him all the credit in the world.
Stop. Please.
So because someone gave you a list of players better than Phil Hellmuth, he's saying that Phil is terrible? Way to read critically, sir.
I'll go ahead and translate.Phil Hellmuth bad? NoPhil Hellmuth vastly overrated, especially in a cash game? Yes.

Taken from wiki:At the 2007 World Series of Poker, Hellmuth won his record-breaking 11th bracelet in the $1,500 No Limit Hold'em Event.[3] Hellmuth also holds the record for most WSOP Cashes(63) and is tied with TJ Cloutier for most WSOP final tables(39).Hellmuth has won $5,650,786 at the WSOP and is ranked 7th on the WSOP All Time Money List.[4][edit] World Series of Poker braceletsYear Tournament Prize (US$)1989 $10,000 No Limit Hold'em World Championship $755,0001992 $5,000 Limit Hold'em $188,0001993 $1,500 Limit Hold'em $138,0001993 $2,500 No Limit Hold'em $161,4001993 $5,000 No Limit Hold'em $173,0001997 $3,000 Pot Limit Hold'em $204,0002001 $2,000 No Limit Hold'em $316,0002003 $2,500 Limit Hold'em $171,4002003 $3,000 No Limit Hold'em $410,8602006 $1,000 No Limit Hold'em with rebuys $631,8632007 $1,500 No Limit Hold'em $637,254World Poker TourHellmuth has not won a World Poker Tour(WPT) tournament yet. He has cashed 9 times and made 2 final tables. He finished 4th in the $3,000 No Limit Hold'em WPT Event at the 3rd Annual 49'er Gold Rush Bonanza in 2002 and 3rd in the $10,000 No Limit Hold'em WPT Event at the World Poker Finals at Foxwoods in 2003. He also played in two WPT Invitational Events, the World Poker Tour by The Book Invitational in 2004 and the WPT Bad Boys of Poker II Invitational in 2006 and finished 3rd both times.[5]To date, Hellmuth has won $589,964 in WPT tournaments. (more than many of the critics in this thread will ever win from the WPT)