Dn Playing Some 100/200 Nl

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well in the online world DN isn't getting any fish at his table so far. Mr Menlo, Brian T, etc etc rough table.Playing the best for sure, though after the rush Kaibuxxe(realandybeal)doesn't seem +EV on NL.Fun games to rail for sure.

80% of the players playing 10/20 and up online at this hour.....50% of the field left in the 1k on stars....Danny Wong, steve sung, looshle, hoosier, Barry G, DN, Smasharoo, Ivey, brunson, SBrugby, belowabove, Roothlus, Waco, Steve7stud, Bill edler, edog, H@llingol, Al Smooth, Lil holdem, imperium, Kirk Morrison, PMJAckson, FreddyDeeb, Ted Forrest ,ZeeJustin,Tmay420,Sbrounder, OMGclay Aiken....in no particular order...nuff names?
You gotta be kidding me with the bolded names. Most of the others I haven't seen play or even heard of them. And for the ones I've heard of I've only seen them playing cash games. (Ya I dont really follow the poker scene religiously) I know phil isn't one of the better cash game players in the world but you were talking about tourney stakes.And saying 80% of the people playing at stars are better is just laughable. Its obvious you straight up don't like the guy, but that doesn't make him any less of a player and giving online players that kind of credit is retarded.
You gotta be kidding me with the bolded names. Most of the others I haven't seen play or even heard of them. And for the ones I've heard of I've only seen them playing cash games. (Ya I dont really follow the poker scene religiously)
So by your admission of ignorance, you're acknowledging that you're not necessarily a good source to judge talent in the poker world?
of course they count for something.... and i think it further proves the point. Phil is great against bad players and so so against good players.
Phil had to beat johhny chan heads up to win the WSOP main event. I guess moneymaker had to beat sammy farha heads up.However sammy admits he plays bad against fish. Johnny loves them.
You gotta be kidding me with the bolded names. Most of the others I haven't seen play or even heard of them. And for the ones I've heard of I've only seen them playing cash games. (Ya I dont really follow the poker scene religiously) I know phil isn't one of the better cash game players in the world but you were talking about tourney stakes.And saying 80% of the people playing at stars are better is just laughable. Its obvious you straight up don't like the guy, but that doesn't make him any less of a player and giving online players that kind of credit is retarded.
are you guys talking about phil hellmuth?
So by your admission of ignorance, you're acknowledging that you're not necessarily a good source to judge talent in the poker world?
Ya I guess I'm saying that. But I also never really judged anyone's talent. I was sticking up for Hellmuth when jc was basically shitting on him. I had a longer post written up but I wasn't logged in when I clicked to post it and i cant remember what else I said so **** it. Phil is one of the all time greats whether hes a prick or not and I'll never think otherwise.

Phil Hellmuth... Top 3 Tournament Hold'em player in the world, winning 11 bracelets is no fluke. In terms of other games and *cash games he may not be even in the top 20.I respect his game but his table personality I cannot respect. His demeanour at the table seems to be rubbing off the new age poker players, they all seem to be obnoxious and they have this urge to berate other people and their play. NOTE, I'm talking about Hellmuth's behavior ON the poker table... OFF the poker table I have never met him so I cannot judge him. He's probably a good guy off table.

LOL that out of all the names you would highlight BG.

DN just got felted. He raised to 600, Stinger88 re-raised to 2400. DN pushed and was called.Flop came JJxTurn XRiv XStinger turns over JJ for quadsWhat did DN have?Also, i wonder what he had when he called a riv bet by stinger who turned over the nut flush.

You won't ever see me play more than 250 hands in a session and/or lose more than one full buy in. At least not until I fully get used to playing online for longer periods. On the first hand the flop was 10h 6d 3h. Stinger raised to 800 from the sb and I called in the bb with 10s 7h. He bet 1200 on the flop and I called. The turn was the 4h and he checked as did I. The river was the 9c and he bet 3400. I didn't like calling really, but felt my hand was a little too strong to just fold. He had Ah 2h. The last hand I made it 600 with AQ. He made it 2000 from bb. I had about 12,000 left so I decided to move all in and he called with JJ. Coin flip situation. I only played 45 hands and lost back 20,000. One of Phil Ivey's biggest strengths, both online and live is his ability to quit when losing and play longer when winning. I feel as though online it's even more important so I'll put no ceiling on my wins but think that 20,000 for one session is a good stopping point.