Rugby World Cup 2007

I don't know jack about rugby, but my wife and I were in France a couple of weeks ago. The day before and day of the Scotland v France game there were a sheet-ton of Scottish fans walking around in kilts. The French people were riding them hard as hell, but it looked to be all in good fun. Well anyway Scotland ended up winning, pulling the upset I believe, and it was crazy silly with the partying after that.That's all.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Amsterdam didn't scramble that many brain cells, well Ok, maybe it did. After looking at the schedule the only game it could have been was Scotland v Portugal. So apparently the French just like making fun of guys wearing kilts.

I know Amsterdam didn't scramble that many brain cells, well Ok, maybe it did. After looking at the schedule the only game it could have been was Scotland v Portugal. So apparently the French just like making fun of guys wearing kilts.
Scotland and France were playing a qualifying match for the soccer world cup. My dad was over in Paris at the same time as you, and he made the same mistake. He thought the scots were rugby fans at first, but he was confused because they were so mental they could only be soccer fans!:club:
I don't know jack about rugby, but my wife and I were in France a couple of weeks ago. The day before and day of the Scotland v France game there were a sheet-ton of Scottish fans walking around in kilts. The French people were riding them hard as hell, but it looked to be all in good fun. Well anyway Scotland ended up winning, pulling the upset I believe, and it was crazy silly with the partying after that.That's all.
France lost 1-0 to Scotland in Soccer.Ireland out of the World Cup practically, excellent. Sport has been going so sh!t recently.Our soccer team conceeded a last minute to end all hopes of qualification for the Euro Champs, Bernard Dunne got knocked out in the first round against Martinez in boxing, Limerick lost against Kilkenny in the All-Ireland hurling final, and now we're out in the rugby, arguably our best sport.
Upset by Canada! :club: 17-11
Heh, not quite but the Canadians were pretty impressive. Hung in really well and tried to the very end. It wasn't much of a spectacle though, the weather combined with the pedantic refereeing and the rusty Aust. seconds made for an ugly match.Now the Fiji vs Wales game, that was a different story. Some great tries, big defense a grandstand finish made for a great game to watch.Anyway, quarter final time now. The real stuff begins. I don't think I could cope with Australia losing to England again so GO THE WALLABIES!!!

And......Australia was terrible against England. Absolutely diabolical.Then NZ loses to France after leading 13-0.The World Cup is over for me!

WOW!!Scotland, England and France were all 7/2 to go thru. I was so tempted to put €20 on each, if just one of them wins you get 30 profit. But England and France won!! SickSouth Africa (my pre tournie 2nd [after Ireland obv] pick) FTW

WOW!!Scotland, England and France were all 7/2 to go thru. I was so tempted to put €20 on each, if just one of them wins you get 30 profit. But England and France won!! SickSouth Africa (my pre tournie 2nd [after Ireland obv] pick) FTW
Didn't the Fijians give them a run for their money. Really good game. I think you're right though, It's gotta be SA or France right?

Ship 750 when france win this!!!!all my other bets were a complete wash but still got hope aslong as france don't bottle it,All 4 quarter finals were great matches, lol at the NZ coach being sacked already.

Ship 750 when france win this!!!!all my other bets were a complete wash but still got hope aslong as france don't bottle it,All 4 quarter finals were great matches, lol at the NZ coach being sacked already.
If by all you mean 3/4? :club::D Truly though I thought the Aus vs Eng game was terrible. Australia's ball control was atrocious, kicking on both sides was ordinary, and just a very ugly game to watch IMHO. The other 3 though I loved.Hope France get up for you and you enjoy the 750 quid or euro or whatever it is now.
they both played pretty bad imo, the kicking game was horrible.still was glad to see england go through from the johnny kicks =D
Yeah. I'm suprised France didn't try to run it a bit more, Traille just kept booting it back to robinson and vias versa, didn't really make for a good game.hopefully boks vs pumas will be a more open exciting game.
Can someone please explain to me how the hell this happened?
by both teams playing a horrible kicking game and neither taking advantage of it, johnny kicks 3 points and they take the lead and then kicks a drop goal and it holds.
Yeah. I'm suprised France didn't try to run it a bit more, Traille just kept booting it back to robinson and vias versa, didn't really make for a good game.hopefully boks vs pumas will be a more open exciting game.
Hell will freeze over before Argentina are involved in an open game of rugby, the dull boring c#nts. They have great players in the backline too, they just don't use them. They're like Ireland under Jack Charlton, I'm glad they're out. Where to next for Ireland Jargonator, do you reckon we'll implode or will Eddie build another good team?
Hell will freeze over before Argentina are involved in an open game of rugby, the dull boring c#nts. They have great players in the backline too, they just don't use them. They're like Ireland under Jack Charlton, I'm glad they're out. Where to next for Ireland Jargonator, do you reckon we'll implode or will Eddie build another good team?
Not sure, part of me thinks its time to get rid of eddie and start fresh, but the team has come along way in the past 5 years and maybe the worldcup was just a blip. I think if we fail to impress in the 6 nations it'll be curtains for eddie. Also if he even thinks about leaving out Geordan Murphy in any competitive game again he should be sacked immed.Whats yis think of Argies joining either 6 nations or the tri-nations?
Not sure, part of me thinks its time to get rid of eddie and start fresh, but the team has come along way in the past 5 years and maybe the worldcup was just a blip. I think if we fail to impress in the 6 nations it'll be curtains for eddie. Also if he even thinks about leaving out Geordan Murphy in any competitive game again he should be sacked immed.Whats yis think of Argies joining either 6 nations or the tri-nations?
I'd take them in the 6 nations in a heartbeat, I dunno what the logistics of it would be like though. Isn't there talk of them playing in Spain or Belgium( :club: )