***official Wsop Me Thread For 9/4***

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screencap of "ObeyTheDog" jersey? Thought not. I got 1.4 seconds of the back of my head. W0000T! :)Good eps tonight.Unfortunately to spoil some, Varkonyi does cash next week, he was at my table, though I think he was all-in and at-risk pre-bubble but way ahead, forget what it was.I think there were a LOT of hands that led up to that call and why DN made it. I imagine he was getting popped and repopped quite a lot and just had had enough, picked a bad spot in what he hoped was 60-40 (if the guy had 5-5, 4-4, A9, overcards/flush draw, stone bluff?)I think given his skill and edge at that table, he probably should have folded and rebuilt the 40k, but I'm sure he had good reason in his head. It'd be nice to get more of what was going on in his head now that he's had over a month to think about it. Nice reads otherwise. I have a question for DN tho if he reads this...When he's making his "verbal" calls of their hands, does he know that generally its slows the action of his opponents? I mean, when he calls out the guy's AA, he gets him to check it down. Is he trying to slow action down, does he "expect" a certain kind of reaction and usually gets it, or is it totally player dependent and that most of the time, he's just floating conversation to try and pick up additional information. I'm guessing the latter. Does he ever thinks it costs him action or gets him unwanted aggressive behavior than had he just been quiet and kept his solid read to himself. (most of the time though, it's when the decision is grinded down to one decision, usually his, so in those cases, it wouldn't matter.)

Screencap of "ObeyTheDog" jersey? Thought not. I got 1.4 seconds of the back of my head. W0000T! :)Good eps tonight.Unfortunately to spoil some, Varkonyi does cash next week, he was at my table, though I think he was all-in and at-risk pre-bubble but way ahead, forget what it was.I think there were a LOT of hands that led up to that call and why DN made it. I imagine he was getting popped and repopped quite a lot and just had had enough, picked a bad spot in what he hoped was 60-40 (if the guy had 5-5, 4-4, A9, overcards/flush draw, stone bluff?)I think given his skill and edge at that table, he probably should have folded and rebuilt the 40k, but I'm sure he had good reason in his head. It'd be nice to get more of what was going on in his head now that he's had over a month to think about it. Nice reads otherwise. I have a question for DN tho if he reads this...When he's making his "verbal" calls of their hands, does he know that generally its slows the action of his opponents? I mean, when he calls out the guy's AA, he gets him to check it down. Is he trying to slow action down, does he "expect" a certain kind of reaction and usually gets it, or is it totally player dependent and that most of the time, he's just floating conversation to try and pick up additional information. I'm guessing the latter. Does he ever thinks it costs him action or gets him unwanted aggressive behavior than had he just been quiet and kept his solid read to himself. (most of the time though, it's when the decision is grinded down to one decision, usually his, so in those cases, it wouldn't matter.)
I made that assumption as well.. It seems players freeze when he calls out their hands..Obviously he picks up on that..

In episode 5...Did anyone catch Scotty announcing his hand a few hands after Miami John went all-in and won with pocket 9s.Scotty with pocket 9s: "Miami John show" a clueless Lon McEachern: "Whatever that means, I think it means call"Scotty = entertainment :club:

I made that assumption as well.. It seems players freeze when he calls out their hands..Obviously he picks up on that..
The guy with Aces had NO IDEA what to do. He just checked down hoping not to get schooled on TV. DN got to see a couple of free cards.
In episode 5...Did anyone catch Scotty announcing his hand a few hands after Miami John went all-in and won with pocket 9s.Scotty with pocket 9s: "Miami John show" a clueless Lon McEachern: "Whatever that means, I think it means call"Scotty = entertainment :club:
I just watched the episodes and yah Scotty said that and instantly I knew he was referring to pocket 9s. Obviously it was easiar for us since we seen it like 5 minutes ago. Anyways Daniel impressed me with his laydown of the straight, the other hands were a bit let's not say obvious but I'm sure alot of other decent pros can make calls like that. (Not me obviously) I also noticed Daniel's demenour when he had aces against that flush draw, throughout the whole hand from beggining to end he just seemed uneasy leading me to believe that people have ESP.