Weird Spot With Stack Sizes In A $10 Sng

I've been playing very laggy and villain has been pretty solid..What is your flop action, given our image, stack and the pot size?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP (t2145)Button (t3295)Hero (t2940)BB (t3610)UTG (t1510)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aclub.gif, 8club.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to t600, BB calls t400.Flop: (t1100) Qheart.gif, 9club.gif, 2club.gif(2 players)Hero ?

Beat me to the punch, I agree 100%.. A check-raise is perfectly fine.You could also bet the flop, because if he's not interested, there's no reason to draw without getting paid off for drawing anyways. Taking down 1200 right then and there is a good outcome as well.I like either a check or a bet, really. A bet gives you a chance to take it down without confrontation, and a check gives you a shot to get the money in the middle on the flop or give you a free card.This isn't a bad spot to be in. You have to figure 12 outs twice (3 aces and 9 flush cards) making you the favorite on the flop anyways.

1337 = leet = eliteYou are no longer 1337.
yeah the picture didn't show up the first time. I wasn't sure if you were using a leet reference, or were just pointing out that 1,337 posts in, I still didn't know $#!t about poker.Both obvservations have their merits at times :club:

Limp it pre, I don't like raising out of the SB, just builds a bigger pot that you have to play OOP. Then lead small on the flop. As played, I pot it, applying max pressure and to price yourself in, and let him know youre not folding. That way you dont have to make all hard decisions and do all kinds of math.

Limp it pre, I don't like raising out of the SB, just builds a bigger pot that you have to play OOP. Then lead small on the flop. As played, I pot it, applying max pressure and to price yourself in, and let him know youre not folding. That way you dont have to make all hard decisions and do all kinds of math.
Everytime I had been limping in from the SB, the BB had been playing back at me and taking the lead in the hand..I didn't want that to happen with as strong as a hand as I have, since its 5 handed and only one opponent to act behind meI was going to go for the c/r like everyone else said...but then he shoveled after I checked...Now what? Call or fold?
Everytime I had been limping in from the SB, the BB had been playing back at me and taking the lead in the hand..I didn't want that to happen with as strong as a hand as I have, since its 5 handed and only one opponent to act behind meI was going to go for the c/r like everyone else said...but then he shoveled after I checked...Now what? Call or fold?
You raised pre, and flop is good for you why not bet? Not the same situation as when you limp: you have already taken lead so keep it. Betting on hands like this will also help you when you CB with air. It also makes your decision to call very easy here.As played, he could be making this with a wide range of hands since he seems to like taking lead as you said. He could even be on a worse draw. It's actualy harder to put him on a hand here since you checked flop. He could be betting for value a hand < Queen or even an 8 since you did not show strength on flop. I think you have a decent price to call considering the wide range. But folding isn't horrible.
First, given the stack sizes + blinds + your image at the table, I wouldn't raise this hand preflop out of position against a solid chip leader .....And now having raised preflop, I would still check this flop 9 times out 10. You can call me weak-tight or whatever. I think the worst scenario is me leading the flop, getting flat-called, and then missing on the turn out of position, having less than 1700 in front of me, looking at a pot over 2400+ ....Therefore, I would go with the check-raise all-in line. If he checks behind me, I get to see another card for free. And if he pushes ..... well, me being weak-tight ..... I will put him on a 9 and fold my hand against the chip leader. If he shows a bluff, I will say nice play against a laggy (your image) .....