Overpair With 2 Pair On Board

interesting hand. I think that the villian has the hero beat here most of the time, unless the villian was making a bad call with two overs or something. I doubt he called your preflop raise with small cards so you can pretty much rule those hands out. He can have 44 and 66 if hes slowplaying. He probably didnt call preflop with A4 suit/off or A6 off. He might have called preflop with A6 suited, but only if he is either: a) very bad or B) very loose, but you have no read, so you can assume hes typical weak tight. Its likely that he called with 99-JJ. QQ-AA, i am assuming, he probably would have reraised with before the flop, so a really big hand might be out. He could have been making a call on the flop with overs, but i doubt it. SO,check it and plan on calling a decent sized bet on the turn to pick off a bluff. You might be beat, and folding to a large bet wouldnt be that bad of an idea, but i think that bravery tends to be rewarded in poker, so Id call 300-500 on the turn, and make a final assessment on the river.

well there aren't too many hands that contain a 4 or 6 that he could have called with pf...i think i would bet out 400 here and see what happens...if we get called then we slow down on the river, and if we get raised we probably have to fold...the hand to be worried about is 9-9, that is the approximate threshold for most people on pocket pairs that you might want to just limp with and try to flop a set, he could have 4-4 or 6-6 but you can't be too worried about that...we can beat a potential overcard float by villain, and we want to charge him if he did so

I think the pots a little big for 400 on the turn. I'd bet 600 and feel pretty comfortable that I'm ahead. 55 or 77 play like this, it's an 8.8 so qk, jk etc... Couple of high cards calling here wouldn't surprise me at all. If he's got 44 or 66, then that's what it is, Any higher pair than 8's I can't see played like this by a sane person so bet and be merry.I could see getting paid from a mid ace looking to chop. Definitely a bet here.