For All The Red Sox Fans!

lol @ yankees fansListen, you got COMPLETELY embarassed in 2004, all the past history of Yankees holding over the Red Sox i.e. bucky dent, babe ruth, and aaron boone mean nothing to the Red Sox fan anymore. We got our ring in the greatest comeback in baseball history fashion while the number one payroll in baseball has gotten you nothing in the past 7 years.
I wish people would get over this payroll issue. In the 90s so many other teams bought their way to championships, Florida, 92/93 Jays, yet all we see is incessant whining about Steinbrenner doing it when the people who whine about it most have their owners do almost exactly the same thing.And if all it takes is a championship to mean "nothing" to the Yankee fan, then I hope I don't have to hear about 2004 if the Yankees win in the next 5 years. But odds are I still will.Both the Yankees and Red Sox have insnanely good young talent. Both teams will do whatever it takes to win. They will both buy whoever they need to. Just because the Red Sox don't have as big a payroll doesn't mean they haven't been buying just as many players as the Yankees have.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish people would get over this payroll issue. In the 90s so many other teams bought their way to championships, Florida, 92/93 Jays, yet all we see is incessant whining about Steinbrenner doing it when the people who whine about it most have their owners do almost exactly the same thing.And if all it takes is a championship to mean "nothing" to the Yankee fan, then I hope I don't have to hear about 2004 if the Yankees win in the next 5 years. But odds are I still will.Both the Yankees and Red Sox have insnanely good young talent. Both teams will do whatever it takes to win. They will both buy whoever they need to. Just because the Red Sox don't have as big a payroll doesn't mean they haven't been buying just as many players as the Yankees have.
haha, loved the '97 Marlins even though they went out and bought like 4 guys to get the ship. 2003 was pure awesomeness though.I agree with your point TB, but people love to hate on the Yankees. In order to win in baseball in this day and age you have to be willing to spend money, or suck for several years to develop you talent, and get one or two seasons under the sun.
haha, loved the '97 Marlins even though they went out and bought like 4 guys to get the ship. 2003 was pure awesomeness though.I agree with your point TB, but people love to hate on the Yankees. In order to win in baseball in this day and age you have to be willing to spend money, or suck for several years to develop you talent, and get one or two seasons under the sun.
Of course, I'm a blue jay fan and I know that they bought a lot of their talent, moreso in 93 than in 92. If you're going to hate on the yankees, do so for a better reason than the fact that their owner spends more than your owner. Even when some of their best players are homegrown like Cano, Joba Chamberlain, Chien Ming Wang and Melky Cabrera, it's always "oh well they just bought their team again this year that's why they're so good"
haha, loved the '97 Marlins even though they went out and bought like 4 guys to get the ship. 2003 was pure awesomeness though.I agree with your point TB, but people love to hate on the Yankees. In order to win in baseball in this day and age you have to be willing to spend money, or suck for several years to develop you talent, and get one or two seasons until your talent goes somewhere else to get paid.
FYPThe best teams in MLB have a better farm system...it's the teams that won't spend money to keep their talent.Yankees ftw.
I really don't think we can write off a century of history on one season or one series. If you want to live off 2004 forever that's fine, I will just chose to live off of '86 and run that Buckner play over and over in my head. Yes you made history by coming back from a 3-0 defecit and yes it was a blight on the storied history of the bombers but I think it's a bit overstated to say that none of the sox history means anything to a sox fan after 2004.As for this they go hand in hand. We reduced an 8 game defecit to a 5 game defecit. As far as "making the playoffs" Seattle seems to have decided to tank their season and the wildcard should go to the 2nd place AL east team....whomever that might be :club:
As a Red Sox I'm pretty sure I know a lot better than yourself about how we feel at the moment and I can tell you that we do not give a shit about the past 100 years. The 2004 Playoffs were some of the happiest moments of our lives so go ahead and live in the past 100 years. Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying that because of 2004 we're somehow a greater "storied" franchise than the Yankees because we are not but as far as caring about the "curse" that no longer exists and everything that came with it, we could care less. As for the AL East, all I'm saying is that I find it funny that after the sweep and being 5 games back, yankee fans think that they have the AL East wrapped up. (now its 6 games)
If they Red Sox have been buying just as many players they would have an equal payroll no?