How Does Your Family/close Ones Feel

I have a nice family......1/2 from long island 1/2 from north attleboro...... (rich places, communities)noone in my family gambles but me...my mother has 5 sisters and they gossip like crazy as do alot of other family members......a couple weeks ago I lost over 1k at BJ at foxwoods and my mother found out I went.. I say "I didnt lose much" she says "dont fu(king lie to me Jason you have a ****ing degree and all you do is gamble your life away, it is causing serious stress on my marriage"...she has shipped me around 30k past 3 years) I didnt gamble hardly any of it... baught a car bills w/e....Routine is I lose 1-3k drunk in a night at foxwoods then I go say Mom can I have some mobneys, she always says yes but then husband and her get in huge fight.....I really am not happy even disturbed by this new revelation to me but they have been married for 3 years or so and mymother has plenty of money to ship so its not like its his....well now im this big degenerate with my whole family and to be honest I don't really care...My path is the road less traveled and I won't apoligize for it.......this thread isn't about me just posting my experiece/recent developments please share yours...G'Day

I give less than a damn what my family thinks. It is MY money. I earned it & I can do what I want with it. My poker money is my mad money. All bills and shit get paid first.

currently i am underage for another year (17 in september) my parents hate that i play poker even when i win, they have no idea that i play online for real money. i have to lie to them when i go play home games, ill just say im going to a friends house or something like that. i dont think they would support if i was making 6 figures some day in the game they just absoulutely hate it and think it is all luck and there is no skill factor

I give less than a damn what my family thinks. It is MY money. I earned it & I can do what I want with it. My poker money is my mad money. All bills and shit get paid first.
werd tom... problem as I see it is this guy isn't only a DBag but he also is a loser who can't even supplement his degeneracy to the point that he has to borrow money from moms in order to pay billsI always thought you were stupid and annoying... but now you are showing and heir of arrogance and entitlement...here's a crown for you kingKing of the Dbags

Since it's always hard to figure out of you are serious or just looking for attention, I'll play like you're serious. GET A JOB!!!!It is NOT your mothers responsibility to finance your gambling, bills, or any other thing unless you are so handicapped that you are on life support. Why don't you put your alleged degree to work and cut the umbilical cord to your mothers wallet!

werd tom... problem as I see it is this guy isn't only a DBag but he also is a loser who can't even supplement his degeneracy to the point that he has to borrow money from moms in order to pay billsI always thought you were stupid and annoying... but now you are showing and heir of arrogance and entitlement...here's a crown for you kingKing of the Dbags
I have a management position......and a 70k trust fund....not borrowing just taking whats mine....I'd flip my sh1t if she ever said no, but alas I have no access to funds seeing as its in her namejust to clarify...no borrowing involved

My family "would" care/worry if I let it take over my life as in; me being a losing player and not accepting it, me not having my priorities in line, not having a back up plan, etc etc.

Vernon just a personal question, why dont you play underage? Its pretty tough to get caught, especially if you use your parents name.
There have been several members here who do play on their parent's account and with their blessing.If parents don't support gambling, they won't open the account for you. You could do it behind their back, but there will be hell to pay if they catch you.Your parents might be pretty upset if the IRS ever comes calling and there are winnings in their names that taxes have not been paid for.
There have been several members here who do play on their parent's account and with their blessing.If parents don't support gambling, they won't open the account for you. You could do it behind their back, but there will be hell to pay if they catch you.Your parents might be pretty upset if the IRS ever comes calling and there are winnings in their names that taxes have not been paid for.
yeah if i win a substancial amount ill tell them, which they probably wont be happy but i think theyd cash it out for me

The real question is, how does your family feel about your mother not aborting the retarded baby while she still had the chance.

Dude give up the blackjack. Seriously that is a sucker game and if you continue to play it you will go busto. Poker is a diffrent story if you concentrate and use your money towards that at least you have a fighting chance. I am not saying never play -ev games but just do it cheaply when your too drunk to play poker. Just imagine what your poker br would be if you didnt lose so much at bj, constantly rebuilding a br is serious waste of time.

. Just imagine what your poker br would be if you didnt lose so much at bj
NO I WILL NOTim up bout 30k at poker (down online drunkaments, played 10/20 live for 2 plus years)but w/e not thinking bout that tonight or ill drink myself into oblivion tyvmthread not about me
Vernon just a personal question, why dont you play underage? Its pretty tough to get caught, especially if you use your parents name.
I did.. but then got caught with my parents (when they saw a check in the mail under their name.. lol) After that.. basically what fitz said, my life for 2 weeks became hell..

(im up bout 30k at poker (down online drunkaments, played 10/20 live for 2 plus years)And down how much at BJ? BJ = AJ They are BOTH EVIL!!!!!

Do what you do, get where you have to go. Gambling is gambling. Family comes first over anything. Respect what thay say, but remember 2 read between the lines. If you're good take a bad beat and forget it the second its over. move on. It sounds like you're dwelling on it 2 much. Just keep your head up.

Wow do trust fund babies make the best losers or what?
Only a TFB could try and justify being an alcoholic degenerate as being on "the road less traveled" as if it is some rebellious noble pursuit to make Kerouac proud.Dude. If your mother has shipped you $30K and you're a loser, you've spent her money on being said loser. You can't just act like that cash has been used for "positive" things like a car and rent, while your "other" money has been used on degenerate habits.