I Want Everyone To Be Aware Of This..

Saving this for when Michigan beats both their teams this year.
listen, 30 years from now, no one is going to care about if Michigan beats OSU this year.. but no one will ever for get this loss. If Ohio State is smart, they will write a "we don't give a damn about the whole state of michigan" style song about app state, and sing it every year. This is a loss for the freaking ages, and you'll never, ever stop hearing about this from OSU fans.
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen, 30 years from now, no one is going to care about if Michigan beats OSU this year.. but no one will ever for get this loss. If Ohio State is smart, they will write a "we don't give a damn about the whole state of michigan" style song about app state, and sing it every year. This is a loss for the freaking ages, and you'll never, ever stop hearing about this from OSU fans.
I guess were looking at it differently. You look at it as an excuse to give crap to Michigan fans, I look at it like the rest the league should look out because Michigan really has nothing to lose and can take any chance they want at any time in any situation.How can OSU brag about Michigan losing to App St if Michigan beats OSU in the same season? Doesn't that logically mean App St would be favored to beat OSU? 30 years from now losing to App St will mean nothing to me, the only way it does this year is if we run the table and don't get into a BCS game or something to that effect. Also if college football was ran the way it should be (no preseason polls & playoff system in place) then this wouldn't even be that big of a deal. The reality of it was because Michigan returned so many starters on offense they were placed up really high in preseason rankings, which for some reason forgot how many starters they lost on defense and didn't penalize them much for it. You look at OSU who lost a few names on offense and they dropped farther than Michigan did preseason because off that offensive name recognition. Michigan's defense wasn't ready for a scrambling athletic QB and it showed. There is a lot of blame to be placed on various people at Michigan, but if App St played that well they could compete with the majority of the major conference teams in the country. There is something to be said for an elite winning program even in a smaller division.Also, I think it's kind of weak that schools can play schools from other divisions. I realize that usually it's a padding game for the big school and a payoff for the small one, but I don't like it. 1A teams should always play 1A teams.
I guess were looking at it differently. You look at it as an excuse to give crap to Michigan fans, I look at it like the rest the league should look out because Michigan really has nothing to lose and can take any chance they want at any time in any situation.How can OSU brag about Michigan losing to App St if Michigan beats OSU in the same season? Doesn't that logically mean App St would be favored to beat OSU? 30 years from now losing to App St will mean nothing to me, the only way it does this year is if we run the table and don't get into a BCS game or something to that effect. Also if college football was ran the way it should be (no preseason polls & playoff system in place) then this wouldn't even be that big of a deal. The reality of it was because Michigan returned so many starters on offense they were placed up really high in preseason rankings, which for some reason forgot how many starters they lost on defense and didn't penalize them much for it. You look at OSU who lost a few names on offense and they dropped farther than Michigan did preseason because off that offensive name recognition. Michigan's defense wasn't ready for a scrambling athletic QB and it showed. There is a lot of blame to be placed on various people at Michigan, but if App St played that well they could compete with the majority of the major conference teams in the country. There is something to be said for an elite winning program even in a smaller division.Also, I think it's kind of weak that schools can play schools from other divisions. I realize that usually it's a padding game for the big school and a payoff for the small one, but I don't like it. 1A teams should always play 1A teams.
um, no I'm pretty sure it would still be the biggest upset in college football history, either way. You're trying to blow it off like it's just some regular type loss to a bad school like Northwestern or something. this is an historic loss, one that will get your coach fired ( or should at least) a humiliating loss that you may try to forget, but no fans of other teams, particularly OSU fans, will ever let you forget. PS Michigan isn't running the table. Just get that out of your head right now.
how many teams from the big 10 even make bowls year in and year out compared to the SEC????
I know that since the BCS started, 15 Big Ten teams have made it to BCS games--you know, the important ones..not the Continental Tire Bowl--and 13 SEC teams have made it to BCS. That's irrelevant, though.

Do college football fans cheer for a favourite team or for a division? I'm just curious because I'm a hockey fan and I cheer for a team while hoping the other teams in the division never win a game.

Do college football fans cheer for a favourite team or for a division? I'm just curious because I'm a hockey fan and I cheer for a team while hoping the other teams in the division never win a game.
I cheer for my team and against everyone else in the division.. agree with you.
Well, things are a little different in College football.. divisions mean alot more. You play at least or 7 or 8 games against division foes.. and much of the games you watch will be regional games, so if live in the big ten area, most of the games on tv are big 10 games. So if you live in like Oregon, most of the games are pac 10 games, so your opinion of the relative strength of the pac 10 us skew'd. It's not that people root for their "conference" as such, but they do want it to be strong, and they do want it to be considered the best conference.. because of the ****ed up nature of college football, with no playoff, much of your ranking is dependent on your strength of schedule and thus the strength of your conference. So Big ten fans talk up their conference, even if they hate half the teams.As a Northwestern Alum, and since NU Sucks, I don't really have the big ten fever that alot of other big 10 fans have.. i freaking hated watching boring big 10 games in college, and I don't think much of the confrence now, but I'm an aberration. I think the SEC, year in, year out, is by far the toughest confrence, AINEC. It boggles my mind people even try and argue that point.
Well, things are a little different in College football.. divisions mean alot more. You play at least or 7 or 8 games against division foes.. and much of the games you watch will be regional games, so if live in the big ten area, most of the games on tv are big 10 games. So if you live in like Oregon, most of the games are pac 10 games, so your opinion of the relative strength of the pac 10 us skew'd. It's not that people root for their "conference" as such, but they do want it to be strong, and they do want it to be considered the best conference.. because of the ****ed up nature of college football, with no playoff, much of your ranking is dependent on your strength of schedule and thus the strength of your conference. So Big ten fans talk up their conference, even if they hate half the teams.As a Northwestern Alum, and since NU Sucks, I don't really have the big ten fever that alot of other big 10 fans have.. i freaking hated watching boring big 10 games in college, and I don't think much of the confrence now, but I'm an aberration. I think the SEC, year in, year out, is by far the toughest confrence, AINEC. It boggles my mind people even try and argue that point.
Interesting...ty.
It boggles my mind people even try and argue that point.
It boggles my mind how people ignore how overrated the SEC is when the facts are put in their face like the ones DDIDM posted earlier. The SEC is one of the top 3 conferences no doubt, but they are not by far and away better than everyone else.
It boggles my mind how people ignore how overrated the SEC is when the facts are put in their face like the ones DDIDM posted earlier. The SEC is one of the top 3 conferences no doubt, but they are not by far and away better than everyone else.
I see your lips move but all i hear is Appalachian state
That was pretty weak. Like Michigan's defense this weekend. :club:
It may be weak, but right now the big ten can't make fck all for any claims about being the strongest confrence when one of it's best teams, supposedly it's best team going into the season, loses to a division AA team. Michigan's loss doesn't just tarnish Michigan, it tarnishes the legitimacy of the whole confrence. Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU would not have lost this game. Here are some teams that have beaten App state the past few seasons...NC State ( oneof the worst teams in the ACC) 23-10Kansas 36-8LSU 24-0Wyoming 42-15Hawaii 42-17and those were just loses against div 1 opponents.
I am a die hard OSU fan and I always root against Michigan. Like most OSU fans. I am ecstatic at the loss and was literally floating all day on Saturday following the game. I was tilt proof.
and those were just loses against div 1 opponents.
Your failing to mention they are the only games they lost while winning back to back Div 2 championships.Also, that LSU game was a hell of a lot closer than the score indicated. They struggled with App St the whole game, just tacking on 10 points late to make it look more dominating than it was.I'm still waiting to see you explain the 15 - 13 BCS berth advantage the Big-10 has over the SEC?
Your failing to mention they are the only games they lost while winning back to back Div 2 championships.Also, that LSU game was a hell of a lot closer than the score indicated. They struggled with App St the whole game, just tacking on 10 points late to make it look more dominating than it was.I'm still waiting to see you explain the 15 - 13 BCS berth advantage the Big-10 has over the SEC?
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahh aha hahahahha hahahahahah tTHat's how far michagan has fallen, ladies and gentlemen. Their fans are saying "yeah, but they were a really, really tough div AA school.. hahahahha oh fcking shit hahahahath hahah fcking GG.

THere are several answers to this question.1) the SEC is tougher top to bottom than the big 10. The big 10 is often a very polarized.. there are 1 or two teams at the top that are very good or great.. but the gap between them, and the great, boring middle is very large. 2) Road games are tougher in the SEC. There are 3 teams that have SEC style crowds in the big 10, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. Sorry Wisconsin, sorry Iowa, you just ain't Death Valley. 3) The Big Ten has no championship game. This is a guaranteed loss of one of the top two SEC teams, which hurts their chances of getting a BCS Bid4) tied into this, the Big Ten's Schedule is terrible. It allows teams like Wisconsin to be able to duck teams like Ohio State, have artificially good records, and garner BCS births.

I've got a few answers for the statistics cited, or at least my opinion.You can only get a maximum of 2 teams in the BCS. I can think of at least a few years off the top of my head where 3 teams from the SEC legitimately deserved title shots. Auburn is the most glaring example, they were screwed by the BCS in favor of LSU last year (beat LSU head to head, same record, and beat Florida, who won the national title...whats up with that?) Plus there is sometimes a probation problem (Auburn also an example). Now arguably, Wisconsin was a 3rd Big Ten team last year that probably deserved a BCS spot, but more often than not the best team NOT in the BCS is an SEC team. (someone with spare time look it up please)Conference title game. Big 10 doesnt have one, SEC does. Almost yearly a team that probably would have made the BCS from the SEC gets knocked down in the BCS standings because their last game will be a loss. Iowa a few years back is an example of this. Both them and Ohio St. were unbeaten in conference. If there would have been dual divisions or a title game, Iowa would probably have been out of the BCS with 2 losses had Ohio St won.Style of football. Big Ten is a grind it out league and the SEC is more athletic and defense oriented. In a one time game, with a month to prepare, the Big Ten has a legitimate shot of beating anyone. however, in the long run, put any Big Ten program in an SEC division, and they will struggle with that style on a consistent basis. Now its just my opinion, but the SEC I think is the toughest conference top to bottom, and its not close. There are absolutely no gimmies except Miss. St. out of 12 teams. You can't say that about the Big 10. They have at least 3-4 sucky teams. Very interesting statistics though DDiDM.

2) Road games are tougher in the SEC. There are 3 teams that have SEC style crowds in the big 10, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. Sorry Wisconsin, sorry Iowa, you just ain't Death Valley.
I'm pretty well done with the conversation, as it's gonna be a lot of, "Nooooo..this is why they're better," and "IMO, it's just this way...." But, if you've never been to Camp Randall on game day, you just have no clue. It might not be on par with Clemson, but, it beats the hell out of Ole Miss, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Kentucky and Vanderbilt(and there's a real Muderer's Row, for you 'top to bottom' petitioners), and it's really not even close. I'm not gonna try and argue the virtues of Kinnick Stadium, because, again, it's electric. I've seen opposing players get pelted with lit cigarettes, batteries, beer bottles, flasks and children(maybe not children, but, I can honestly say I've seen the rest). A poll of Big Ten players and coaches last year had Iowa ranked #1 as the hardest place to play in the Big Ten(obv, the pink locker rooms). Obv, there's some amazing environments in the SEC, but, don't discount the Big Ten, at all.. I've always really dug Georgia's stadium, for the record.
2) Road games are tougher in the SEC. There are 3 teams that have SEC style crowds in the big 10, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State. Sorry Wisconsin, sorry Iowa, you just ain't Death Valley.
I'm pretty well done with the conversation, as it's gonna be a lot of, "Nooooo..this is why they're better," and "IMO, it's just this way...." But, if you've never been to Camp Randall on game day, you just have no clue. It might not be on par with Clemson, but, it beats the hell out of Ole Miss, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Kentucky and Vanderbilt(and there's a real Muderer's Row, for you 'top to bottom' petitioners), and it's really not even close. I'm not gonna try and argue the virtues of Kinnick Stadium, because, again, it's electric. I've seen opposing players get pelted with lit cigarettes, batteries, beer bottles, flasks and children(maybe not children, but, I can honestly say I've seen the rest). A poll of Big Ten players and coaches last year had Iowa ranked #1 as the hardest place to play in the Big Ten(obv, the pink locker rooms). Obv, there's some amazing environments in the SEC, but, don't discount the Big Ten, at all.. I've always really dug Georgia's stadium, for the record.
I've got a few answers for the statistics cited, or at least my opinion.You can only get a maximum of 2 teams in the BCS. I can think of at least a few years off the top of my head where 3 teams from the SEC legitimately deserved title shots. Auburn is the most glaring example, they were screwed by the BCS in favor of LSU last year (beat LSU head to head, same record, and beat Florida, who won the national title...whats up with that?) Plus there is sometimes a probation problem (Auburn also an example). Now arguably, Wisconsin was a 3rd Big Ten team last year that probably deserved a BCS spot, but more often than not the best team NOT in the BCS is an SEC team. (someone with spare time look it up please)
I agree with pretty much all of this.
Conference title game. Big 10 doesnt have one, SEC does. Almost yearly a team that probably would have made the BCS from the SEC gets knocked down in the BCS standings because their last game will be a loss. Iowa a few years back is an example of this. Both them and Ohio St. were unbeaten in conference. If there would have been dual divisions or a title game, Iowa would probably have been out of the BCS with 2 losses had Ohio St won.
This is true, and it is a valid example, but, it's atypical. Most of the time, the 2 or 3 teams in the Big Ten who compete for the BCS (Michigan/Ohio State/Wisconsin and Iowa to a lesser degree) will almost always play each other, and even though one might beat the other, they still get in on the virtues of their entire season. I think that's the problem with a title game, really, and it's the reason I dislike having one. WTF is the point of playing 8 games in conference if the 9th game(championship) is the one that's gonna define your season? It's also a flaw, inherently in the polling. I have never understood, why a #4 team losing to a #1, #2, or #3 ranked team by a reasonable (35-31, 24-21 type score), should fall in the rankings. Ummm..we're saying they're slightly better than you, they prove they're slightly better than you, but, we're gonna drop you 5 spots? I've never understood it, and I pretty much hate it.
Style of football. Big Ten is a grind it out league and the SEC is more athletic and defense oriented. In a one time game, with a month to prepare, the Big Ten has a legitimate shot of beating anyone. however, in the long run, put any Big Ten program in an SEC division, and they will struggle with that style on a consistent basis.
Now put a good/average SEC team in the Big Ten, and they'll have the same problems inversed. Put Tenn. in the Big Ten and they'll go 6-2 or 5-3--about the same they'll end up this year. The physical beatings that Big Ten teams put on each other week after week really do add up. Speed kills, but, consistently getting your face caved in doesn't really feel good either.
Now its just my opinion, but the SEC I think is the toughest conference top to bottom, and its not close. There are absolutely no gimmies except Miss. St. out of 12 teams. You can't say that about the Big 10. They have at least 3-4 sucky teams. Very interesting statistics though DDiDM.
There's plenty of gimmies in the SEC if you're a top tier team. Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and most years Arkansas. IMO, most years the ACC is probably the toughest top to bottom, Big Ten #2 and SEC #3. If anyone says the Pac 10, their balls are showing.
I see you ducked the two important points, the no championship game one, and the retarded schedule one.. Those are by far the two biggest reasons why the big 10 has more bcs teams.
It might not be on par with Clemson, but, it beats the hell out of Ole Miss, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Kentucky and Vanderbilt(and there's a real Muderer's Row, for you 'top to bottom' petitioners), and it's really not even close.
Whoa... They won one of the SEC divisions last year and still got spanked by USC 50-3 I think it was at their own stadium. Show them proper respect.And LOL at Wisconsin and Iowa not having huge home field advantages.Also, I think that the SEC/Pac-10 teams get a huge advantage by having the month and 1/2 off and having the bowl games closer to home than the Big-10 gets. When you haven't been playing for nearly two months it takes a while to get adjusted to game speed again. Please bring USC/Cal/LSU/Florida up north in Jan to play and watch how quick shit changes.
I agree with pretty much all of this. This is true, and it is a valid example, but, it's atypical. Most of the time, the 2 or 3 teams in the Big Ten who compete for the BCS (Michigan/Ohio State/Wisconsin and Iowa to a lesser degree) will almost always play each other, and even though one might beat the other, they still get in on the virtues of their entire season. I think that's the problem with a title game, really, and it's the reason I dislike having one. WTF is the point of playing 8 games in conference if the 9th game(championship) is the one that's gonna define your season? It's also a flaw, inherently in the polling. I have never understood, why a #4 team losing to a #1, #2, or #3 ranked team by a reasonable (35-31, 24-21 type score), should fall in the rankings. Ummm..we're saying they're slightly better than you, they prove they're slightly better than you, but, we're gonna drop you 5 spots? I've never understood it, and I pretty much hate it. Now put a good/average SEC team in the Big Ten, and they'll have the same problems inversed. Put Tenn. in the Big Ten and they'll go 6-2 or 5-3--about the same they'll end up this year. The physical beatings that Big Ten teams put on each other week after week really do add up. Speed kills, but, consistently getting your face caved in doesn't really feel good either. There's plenty of gimmies in the SEC if you're a top tier team. Ole Miss, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and most years Arkansas. IMO, most years the ACC is probably the toughest top to bottom, Big Ten #2 and SEC #3. If anyone says the Pac 10, their balls are showing.
LOL now I'm done with this conversation.
I see you ducked the two important points, the no championship game one, and the retarded schedule one.. Those are by far the two biggest reasons why the big 10 has more bcs teams.
Explain to me how the Big Ten would work their schedule and add a Championship game with 11 teams, sir. Anyone half way familiar with the Big Ten knows why this is a moot point.. And no one seems to give Ohio State a pass when they get Northwestern and Indiana removed from the schedule, but, you pull Iowa and Wisconsin and it's a big deal.