I Want Everyone To Be Aware Of This..

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of de-featherings.. Go Hawkeyes. Iowa State's penciled in for last in the big 12 north
seems like one drops every week, forgot about that one.........duke beating n'western shouldn't even be brought up but why not.......

doesnt seem like that huge of an upset anymore. Michigan was extremely over ranked.

seems like one drops every week, forgot about that one.........duke beating n'western shouldn't even be brought up but why not.......
Iowa's his team, which is why I brought it up. NU is my alma, and they got beat in the battle of schools that shouldn't be in major football conferences ( at least Duke has a good b-ball team. NU should be in like the MAC or something.)
Iowa's his team, which is why I brought it up. NU is my alma, and they got beat in the battle of schools that shouldn't be in major football conferences ( at least Duke has a good b-ball team. NU should be in like the MAC or something.)
If your going to bring up ISU beating Iowa without even scoring a touchdown then you can at least use some cool MS paint skillz.isupwned.jpg
speaking of de-featherings.. Go Hawkeyes. Iowa State's penciled in for last in the big 12 north
Yeah..They're terrible. I guesss all those things I said about Iowa winning the Big Ten and crushing the BCS this year are really coming back to haunt me* now. I would much rather lose to an instate-rival on the road to a last second field goal than get thoroughly housed by Duke. Just saying.*I never said anything close to that. I actually texted Whiskey16 before the game and said, "I bet Iowa loses".
lol, keep taking shots.........a true sign you have lost faith in your original argument.......
Hi. You haven't done anything to discredit my original statement. I've made more arguments for the SEC > Big Ten than you have. "SEE?! SOUTHERN FOOTBALL IS BETTER CAUSE FLORIDA WON AND MINNESOTA LOST LOLOLOL", is not a valid argument.
Yeah..They're terrible. I guesss all those things I said about Iowa winning the Big Ten and crushing the BCS this year are really coming back to haunt me* now. I would much rather lose to an instate-rival on the road to a last second field goal than get thoroughly housed by Duke. Just saying.*I never said anything close to that. I actually texted Whiskey16 before the game and said, "I bet Iowa loses".
Duh.. though Iowa State is roughly the same strength of school though instate rivals will always be up for rivalry games, no matter what the rankings of the two teams. That said, ISU is terrible. And yes, Northwestern is terrible, and so is the big ten
Duh.. though Iowa State is roughly the same strength of school though instate rivals will always be up for rivalry games, no matter what the rankings of the two teams. That said, ISU is terrible. And yes, Northwestern is terrible, and so is the big ten
I'm just saying, that even in Iowa's best years, they've had troubles with Iowa State. The year they went 10-1 and beat #6Michigan(34-9 @ Ann Arbor), Purdue(ranked) and Wisconsin(ranked), their one loss was to Iowa State. Iowa is Iowa State's Super Bowl, every year. They're content to go 1-10 as long as that 1 win is against Iowa. Also, this year was screwed because only those who purchased Iowa State season tickets were allowed to buy Iowa tickets, so it was 50k ISU fans and 4k(standard allotment) Iowa fans.

Something else to ponder... BCS conference breakdown so far after 3 weeks

SECCumulative Record: 25-10 (71%)Number of Conference Games played so far: 7Out of Conference Record: 18-3 (86%)Out of Conference Record vs. BCS opponents: 4-3 (57%)Ave. rank of conference offenses (out of 119): 55.2 (5th)Ave. rank of conference defenses (out of 119): 44.8 (3rd)There you are...the picture of dominance. You would think by the way the media talks, the SEC would be first by a long way in every category up there. The plain fact of the matter is, statistics show that the SEC as a conference isn't appreciably better than the other conferences in ANY category, other than maybe number of fans in the stands missing at least one tooth. Only five of the twelve offenses are ranked in the top half of the statistics, and only eight of the twelve on defense.Their 18-3 out of conference record looks impressive until you look at how many of those wins came against lower division foes. They have matched the Big East with a perfect 14-0 record vs. teams either in 1AA or non-BCS conferences, but are an ordinary 4-3 vs. teams in other major conferences. They have notched nice wins with LSU over Virginia Tech and Kentucky over Louisville, but are brought back down with Auburn's loss to USF and Tennessee's loss to California.This is shaping up into another interesting finish for the SEC. LSU was clearly a dominating team right out of the gate, but it also seems as if the defending National Champion Florida Gators are good enough to possibly defend last year's SEC title. I fully expect October 6th's matchup between these two teams to be a preview of the conference title game. There are a few wild cards still mixed up in the title chase, including undefeated Alabama, South Carolina, and Kentucky, but none of these teams seem to be good enough to win consistantly enough to stay atop the standings.Predicted Conference Championship Game: Florida vs. LSUPredicted Conference Champion: LSUBCS Representatives: LSU and Florida

yeah tennessee's loss on the road at a damn good Cal team was such a bad loss for the conference, lol at that...........did anyone in the Big 10 even play any nonconference ranked teams this year??? Sorry I don't feel like looking it up but i can't think of any off the top of my head......also, you do know that all those Offensive ranking/defensive ranking stats mean nothing unless you play the same exact schedule as the other teams you are comparing them with.......but they are still nice stats and thanks for posting them. I will check out the rest of the link you posted later on tonight, looks cool though.as of now looks like i may make my first trip to tuscaloosa for the Ga-Ala game saturday night.........heard that Gameday will be there so it should be cool to see all that taking place, maybe i'll take some pics of the drunken atmosphere and post them here when I get back.......actually screw the game I'm really going to Tuscaloosa for the Dreamland BBQ........yum!!!!!GO DAWGS

14-0 against 1-AA teams, SEC is racking up quality opponents so shouldn't their stats reflect it?Sure it's early in the season to be judging, but we need something to BS about in the middle of the week.Miami looked impressive tonight on their first drive.

14-0 against 1-AA teams, SEC is racking up quality opponents so shouldn't their stats reflect it?Sure it's early in the season to be judging, but we need something to BS about in the middle of the week.Miami looked impressive tonight on their first drive.
Miami was awesome tonight. What a pleasant surprise. So that is what this team looks like when it gets good QB/O-Line play. If (and it is a huge if) Wright plays even nearly this well for the rest of the season Miami could win the ACC. Still think BC and the Techs will be tough.
Miami was awesome tonight. What a pleasant surprise. So that is what this team looks like when it gets good QB/O-Line play. If (and it is a huge if) Wright plays even nearly this well for the rest of the season Miami could win the ACC. Still think BC and the Techs will be tough.
Think about Miami vs Okl then vs TA&M, how big of a difference is there between Oklahoma and the rest of the Big-12?