Ohio State Buckeyes

well, same feeling as the Fiesta Bowl. It's a young team, still going to have a good shot at the B10 and the Rose Bowl.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USC's freshman QB looked pretty good in the 4th quarter.
yeah, all those handoffs to Joe McKnight were def great plays by him.
i dont know if i would go that far. he's made a few good throws. but he is wildly inconsistent. i'd take barkley over him to quarterback my team. the guy is a wide reciever playing qb, and they dont even run the right offense to utilize his talents.
Like the triple option?Seriously though, He made a huge error going to OSU and not Mich, he'd be perfect for Rich Rod.
yeah, all those handoffs to Joe McKnight were def great plays by him.
I understand that you are pissed off and totally biased... but if you think he didn't have at least two great throws into coverage with as much pressure as he will ever have... then you are blind. He is a true freshman... and had a great last drive.
I understand that you are pissed off and totally biased... but if you think he didn't have at least two great throws into coverage with as much pressure as he will ever have... then you are blind. He is a true freshman... and had a great last drive.
The staff needs to trust him. If you are going to play a freshman, PLAY the freshman. USC spent all game throwing WR screens on 3rd and long. They are lucky that Ohio State's offense is equally....offensive. He showed some good toughness on that last drive and he made a great seam throw. The other big throw was just a little slant to McKnight but it was a good read. Barkley has a bright future.Ohio State should not have lost this game. I am not taking them seriously again for at least a year. The Big 10 sucks. They are lucky the ACC has been so garbage so far because it will take the heat off how bad the Big 10 is....
Like the triple option?Seriously though, He made a huge error going to OSU and not Mich, he'd be perfect for Rich Rod.
it would definetly suit him better. but watching him run last night told me he is a reciever. he doesnt run strong. he's tall and fast and elusive, but i dont think he could take the pounding of a triple option QB. he looked scared at times. to me anyways. they guy would be a hell of a reciever though. i guess he will be when he gets to the nfl.but barkley was clearly the better passer. of course the game plan was conservative. but that doesnt mean he isnt a better thrower than pryor.
wasn't my point, my point was what would have been best for pryor
Since Terrelle wants to become a pro style QB, why would he go to UM with that system?
what about that 3-9 season last year. were you happy with that? because it doesnt happen if TPry goes to ann arbor.
Of course not. But like you said Pryor can't throw consistent passes... Tate can. The only reason he has a pick this year is because the wideout ran the wrong route.We have this years version of Pryor anyway with Robinson as the backup QB.
and I want a solid gold toilet, but it's just not in the cards, now is it.
yes, because we should just write off a true sophomore who is willing to put in the work. i have faith that TP will become a great passer, just will take some time.
yes, because we should just write off a true sophomore who is willing to put in the work. i have faith that TP will become a great passer, just will take some time.
I am not a big believer in the theory you can automatically train a good athlete to become a good passer. The success rate on this over time is low. His motion is not fluid and his footwork stinks.

let me say one thing; next year, if our offense can score 21 pts a game, we will have a great chance to win the NC. the defense is fantastic.

let me say one thing; next year, if our offense can score 21 pts a game, we will have a great chance to win the NC. the defense is fantastic.
your fantastic defense still hasnt done a damn thing in the bowl games when you play real teams......oh and USC is not the USC we are used to, which was proven yesterdayedit: but nice job shutting out Toledo
your fantastic defense still hasnt done a damn thing in the bowl games when you play real teams......oh and USC is not the USC we are used to, which was proven yesterdayedit: but nice job shutting out Toledo
this year's D has a chance to be as good as 2002's D. the fact that our D in the last couple of years hasn't shown up is irrelevant; i was talking about this year. Re: your USC point; yes, they aren't the same as other years. but they are still one of the most talented teams in the country.

Really happy with yesterday's performance. TP didn't have to be great, esp since it was pouring for most of the game. OL looked great, which is a good sign since it's been one of the weaknesses of this team over the last few years. Defense as always looked spectacular.I really think OSU is the favorite in the B10. Iowa has a great D, but their O is not that good. Penn State was over-rated going into last night's game, and I think we def. have a shot to go into Happy Valley and win. TSUN is def. improved, but when they actually play a team that plays D (sorry, IU and ND don't count,) we'll see how good they actually are. Plus, their defense is atrocious.

I like them to win the big ten. Its theirs until someone takes it from them. I didnt watch the game closely, but from what I saw TP took a lot of shotgun snaps. More than I ever remember seeing him take. And I've seen a lot of him considering OSU is on ESPN every week. Get TP on the move and you're in the Rose bowl and can finally win a big one.

I like them to win the big ten. Its theirs until someone takes it from them. I didnt watch the game closely, but from what I saw TP took a lot of shotgun snaps. More than I ever remember seeing him take. And I've seen a lot of him considering OSU is on ESPN every week. Get TP on the move and you're in the Rose bowl and can finally win a big one.
Yesterday, it seemed like we were running a lot of read option type stuff, which really plays into the strength of TP and the offense. The nice thing is that we can be really effective throwing out of that formation once we get the running game going.
Yesterday, it seemed like we were running a lot of read option type stuff, which really plays into the strength of TP and the offense. The nice thing is that we can be really effective throwing out of that formation once we get the running game going.
Exactly. Not only will it bring the safties up, TP throws much, much better on the move (from what i've seen).