Ohio State Buckeyes

He's 3-2 in the BCS FWIW. But they definitely need to win this game to get a little credibility back.
I know, but I like feeding into his stereotype of losing the big one... he is the OSU coach afterall :club:
  • Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but I like feeding into his stereotype of losing the big one... he is the OSU coach afterall :ts
hey I root for Michigan when they play bowl games.. when they are bowl eligible :club:
One thing though is that teams like Utah and Boise St probably consider a BCS game to be their Nat'l Championship Game, where teams like Oklahoma and Alabama viewed the same game as a disappointment. Not saying they weren't trying to win, but the smaller schools have that chip on their shoulder because they have no shot at winning a title even if they run the table.Keep it up Bucks, go go go.
Yeah, I don't buy that. 'Bama is in their first BCS game.. pretty much ever, i think.
Yeah, I don't buy that. 'Bama is in their first BCS game.. pretty much ever, i think.
Yeah, I don't buy that ever. Utah was clearly more amped up and prepared to play and it cost Bama the game, but that's Bama's fault..nothing to do with small schools thinking the games are more important...Bama should've been ready to play...and just for those keeping track, IF Ohio St. loses tonight (down 11 entering 4th quarter, shocker I know..), they will be 1-6 in their bowl games this year. The WORST the SEC can do is 5-3...and of course they could go 6-2 with a third national title in a row. But yeah..the two conferences are pretty much the same.It appears that once again, I'm right. The Big 10 has been pretty weak this year. All I've really said...
I dont understand the play design for Ohio State at all. Pryor is by a far a better runner than passer, and yet there are so few plays designed for him to run. If they are going to call the same plays they did with Boeckman, why start Pryor? OSU has an offense for a traditional drop back QB. TP isnt that. I dont get it.But I didnt get why he chose OSU over Michigan. I guess he wants to be an NFL QB, but he wont be a good enough passer to ever make it. Vince Young is about as high as he could go, and VY isnt an NFL QB that will ever win anything.Move him to WR and get a real QB - or design an offense that uses his talents.Thats my angry, nonsensical rant for the day.

lol, i kind of agree with you, nice catch by him for the td, not so much on the 2 pt play.

oh man, that was a clutch 2 point drop.. the worst thing to happen for us under bettors is for this to go to overtime..And if OSU loses this game, they have still played what many people consider to be the best team in the country, toe to toe. I gained a great deal of respect for OSU in this game, particularly the first half. as opposed to Bama who got blown out by a team they were an 9.5 point favorite to.

lol, i kind of agree with you, nice catch by him for the td, not so much on the 2 pt play.
if that play sequence doesnt prove where he belongs on the field than i dont know what will.
I'll tell you where he belongs.. running the I-formation triple option..
sweet fancy jesus that would have been something. but seriously, he made absolutely no progress in the passing game during the bowl month practices. bad sign if you ask me.

Why would you ever go for 2 there? Texas needs a TD obv, so if they get it, you are down 3 with a missed 2pt. If you kick the PAT you would be down 2 if Texas gets the go ahead TD...???

someone exlpain to me why they just went for two there?woudlnt you want to go up five in case they score a touchdown, that way a field goal wins it for you instead of tying it. what is the difference between being up five and being up 6?

someone exlpain to me why they just went for two there?woudlnt you want to go up five in case they score a touchdown, that way a field goal wins it for you instead of tying it. what is the difference between being up five and being up 6?
They had a chance to correct it too... and STILL went for 2

the only thing i can figure is that if they had gotten the two point conversion, the touchdown only ties the game, and then they have a chance to block the extra point and keep it tied. but that doesnt really make sense to me.

to block the fieldgoal/onsidekick/fieldgoal play? I don't think it matters much, either way, but you might as well go for 2 there. Being up 6 is marginally better than 4 or 5, with no downside..

well, i guess we didn't lose by 4 tds or something...but somehow that would have felt better than this. don't think i've been this sad after a game in a long time.

to block the fieldgoal/onsidekick/fieldgoal play? I don't think it matters much, either way, but you might as well go for 2 there. Being up 6 is marginally better than 4 or 5, with no downside..
Its not about being up 6, its about being down only 2 if Texas scores. That's the part that I cant fathom. If Texas scores it matters if you are down 3 or 2, it doesnt matter if you are down 2 or 1.If Boeckman doesnt take that terrible sack, and actually gets into FG range, they have a chance to win outright instead of send it to OT.Edit: Who cares obv in the end. Dont want to destract from a truly awesome game, no matter who won.
I guess if you kick the extra point there, you're up five. If they score a TD they will go for two, to try and be up three. So I guess going for two ensures that if you make it, they cannot be up three if they score a touchdown, even if they go for two. So by going for two, you give yourself the only sure fire way to win the game with a field goal if they score a touchdown. So maybe I was wrong. I dont know. I'd still probably kick it there. That way they have to convert the two point try to be up three. So a field goal ties it if they convert and wins it if they dont.