Ohio State Buckeyes

It seems this works both ways with certain players/teams. I hate it that there is like a month off between regular season and bowl games. Some teams lose any momentum they had and then some get to recover from injuries. It just doesnt work good. Another reason for a playoff
I agree with you, but an extra 6 weeks of practice for a freshman QB could be crucial to his development/success. I'd also like to see some more time with Devier Posey, since I really think he's the next great Ohio State WR.
  • Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, gonna be a good matchup between Texas and Ohio St. I guess we'll see how good one of the best offenses in the Big 12 is against a good defense.

Well, gonna be a good matchup between Texas and Ohio St. I guess we'll see how good one of the best offenses in the Big 12 is against a good defense.
I actually think the game gets decided on the other side... OSU's offense against Texas's defense. If Wells puts up huge numbers I like OSU's chances.
  • 2 weeks later...

Press Release:Monday December 8, 2008Columbus, OhioColumbus Police have recovered the body of an adultmale from the river at 8:45 AM. The victim apparently fell in and drowned due to excessive alcohol consumption. He was wearing an Ohio State jersey, black fishnet stockings with spiked heels and a red garter belt . He also had a cucumber inserted in his rectum. The police thoughtfully removed the Ohio State jersey to spare the family any unnecessary embarrassment.

Press Release:Monday December 8, 2008Columbus, OhioColumbus Police have recovered the body of an adultmale from the river at 8:45 AM. The victim apparently fell in and drowned due to excessive alcohol consumption. He was wearing an Ohio State jersey, black fishnet stockings with spiked heels and a red garter belt . He also had a cucumber inserted in his rectum. The police thoughtfully removed the Ohio State jersey to spare the family any unnecessary embarrassment.
:club:
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd wanna play Georgia too since they play no defense.
Michigan St. begs to differ. Also..Penn St. getting whipped. Who didn't see that one coming...lock of the year..outside of OSU getting raped by Texas coming up. At least Iowa won.....wouldn't want the Big Ten getting shutout. Big Ten sucks. I'll look forward to your response once Alabama doesn't show up and gets routed.
Michigan St. begs to differ. Also..Penn St. getting whipped. Who didn't see that one coming...lock of the year..outside of OSU getting raped by Texas coming up. At least Iowa won.....wouldn't want the Big Ten getting shutout. Big Ten sucks. I'll look forward to your response once Alabama doesn't show up and gets routed.
Iowa destroyed a SEC team.No SEC would want to go play USC in the Rose Bowl for a bowl game either, because the same thing would happen to them. The only conference so far who has any bragging rights is the Pac-10, who is 4-0 and now makes a much stronger case for why USC shouldnt have been left out of the 1 loss team discussion.Meanwhile the SEC keeps getting to play nobody's in BCS games like Hawaii and Utah.

And just to be clear, the Big-10 is 1-1 against the SEC this year in bowl games, and MSU was a whole lot closer to beating GA than SC was to even being on the same field as Iowa. What happened to that whole "a middle of the pack SEC team would win the Big-10 every year" bullshit you always spew.

lol how is this even a debate anymore???the big 10 sucks at football this yearif you can't realize this then you are a freaking IDIOTMaybe Ohio State can save a little face for the conference, but based on previous attempts at winning big games, i highly doubt

And just to be clear, the Big-10 is 1-1 against the SEC this year in bowl games, and MSU was a whole lot closer to beating GA than SC was to even being on the same field as Iowa. What happened to that whole "a middle of the pack SEC team would win the Big-10 every year" bullshit you always spew.
BWAHAHAHAHAI mean seriously......what are you trying to say here. The big10 BLOWS, just accept that fact and stop trying to make stupid comparisons. It really makes you look bad imo. :club:
Iowa destroyed a SEC team.
i want to personally congratulate Iowa for beating a 5 loss team from the SEC. And since your conference went 1-1 with the SEC they MUST be equals. I am an idiot by the way.
i want to personally congratulate Iowa for beating a 5 loss team from the SEC. And since your conference went 1-1 with the SEC they MUST be equals. I am an idiot by the way.
They were both 1 game apart going into the game, 8-4 vs 7-5, but to hear you guys talk Iowa has to be an underdog in that scenario, right? The SEC is so much thought that SC would have been like 10-1 in the Big-10 right?And wow, a team that started off the year ranked #1 managed to hold onto a game against a Big-10 team that wasn't ranked. Way to live up to that preseason ranking and show how dominate the SEC is :rolleyes:The truth is there isn't that much of a difference in the conferences at all. The last few years the best SEC team has been better than the best Big-10 team, but top to bottom they aren't all that different.

I'd love to know who said that a middle of the pack SEC team wins the Big 10 every year...or who said that Iowa was an underdog to South Carolina. Seems to me you are now resorting to randomly making things up.Oh..and as of this post, Miss St. is beating Texas Tech IN TEXAS. They may not hold on..but that in and of itself is a strong statement of how good the SEC is...Texas Tech was thought of as one of the top teams in all of football for a while..playing pretty much at home..and they are struggling against a good SEC team, but far from an elite one in a game everyone thought they would dominate.Oops, another TD for Ole Miss. Looks like that Big 12 offense isn't quite as good once they have to face a defense that actually offers some resistance. Just like Bama did to them a few seasons ago...Ole Miss may lose this game, they aren't that great...but perhaps Texas Tech and the Big 12 ain't such hot sh*t after all.Also, I'll take Bama and Florida and OU and probably Texas over USC on a neutral field all day. A 14 point win over a pretty good, but not great Penn St. team in a freaking home game doesn't scare me.

Also, I'll take Bama and Florida and OU and probably Texas over USC on a neutral field all day. A 14 point win over a pretty good, but not great Penn St. team in a freaking home game doesn't scare me.
I think they beat Bama, because they can slow down Bama's running game enough that it would be on a QB I think think is unreliable. Florida/OU/Texas are more balanced offensively, but none of them are traveling to LA to play USC either.Go back through the SEC threads and you will find some pretty outrageous claims about how average SEC teams would run the table in the Big-10 and other retarded bullshit. I'm pretty sure some of it was from you but I'm not going digging right now.
I think they beat Bama, because they can slow down Bama's running game enough that it would be on a QB I think think is unreliable. Florida/OU/Texas are more balanced offensively, but none of them are traveling to LA to play USC either.Go back through the SEC threads and you will find some pretty outrageous claims about how average SEC teams would run the table in the Big-10 and other retarded bullshit. I'm pretty sure some of it was from you but I'm not going digging right now.
I think Bama and Florida would easily run through the Big 10 this year. I don't think an average team like South Carolina would...I'm 99.9 % sure I wouldn't say that..unless I was just trying to make an outragoeus claim as a joke, but I'm pretty sure nothing like that came from me. I've said nothing unreasonable. The SEC is and remains a very good football conference. The Big 10 is clearly down this year. Penn St. is good, not great. Same with Ohio St. and now Iowa got hot. That's it for the Big 10. Oops, Ole Miss just completely bitch-slapped Texas Tech today. The Rebels were the better team by a HUGE margin..not even a contest on who the best team was. Ole Miss simply ran the ball at will and completely controlled the game. The Tech offense is good, but perhaps not so hot once they play a team that actually tries to stop the other team from scoring. The SEC is clearly better than you have given it credit for this year. Bama may come out flat later today, but they and Florida are clearly two of the top 5 teams in the nation. Ole Miss is looking pretty damn good, Georgia and LSU both looked great in their bowl games. Even Vanderbilt won against a supposed "good" team. SO...basically, outside of South Carolina being overrated, there isn't much bad to say about our conference right now. Two time defending national champs with a good shot at three in a row......SEC football. Better than everyone else.
The truth is there isn't that much of a difference in the conferences at all. The last few years the best SEC team has been better than the best Big-10 team, but top to bottom they aren't all that different.
Please tell me you werent serious with this statement. You lose so much credibility if you honestly think this. Maybe its you who needs to take the goggles off. I'd love to smoke what you're smoking sometimes.
I think Bama and Florida would easily run through the Big 10 this year. I don't think an average team like South Carolina would...I'm 99.9 % sure I wouldn't say that..unless I was just trying to make an outragoeus claim as a joke, but I'm pretty sure nothing like that came from me. I've said nothing unreasonable. The SEC is and remains a very good football conference. The Big 10 is clearly down this year. Penn St. is good, not great. Same with Ohio St. and now Iowa got hot. That's it for the Big 10. Oops, Ole Miss just completely bitch-slapped Texas Tech today. The Rebels were the better team by a HUGE margin..not even a contest on who the best team was. Ole Miss simply ran the ball at will and completely controlled the game. The Tech offense is good, but perhaps not so hot once they play a team that actually tries to stop the other team from scoring. The SEC is clearly better than you have given it credit for this year. Bama may come out flat later today, but they and Florida are clearly two of the top 5 teams in the nation. Ole Miss is looking pretty damn good, Georgia and LSU both looked great in their bowl games. Even Vanderbilt won against a supposed "good" team. SO...basically, outside of South Carolina being overrated, there isn't much bad to say about our conference right now. Two time defending national champs with a good shot at three in a row......SEC football. Better than everyone else.
Bama just proved they wouldn't run through the MWC, let alone the Big-10. I told you all year they were scraping by barely winning games that they should have been dominating. Bama is not a top 5 team, they really aren't top ten because if they get behind they can't depend on that QB to move the ball. I'll take this years PSU team against Bama on a neutral field and give you 3 points.I didn't watch TT/Ole Miss, but the Big-12 south as a whole has taken hits in bowl games. I'm not really that surprised, but their top two teams haven't played yet. GA didn't look great. Iowa would have beaten GA, they are lucky they got MSU instead. I love how the team that got blown out by the big-10 team is instantly overrated... apparently so was Bama.The SEC isn't as good this year as they have been in the past few. You got one really good team (Florida), two decent teams (Ole Miss/Bama) and a whole bunch of average.
Please tell me you werent serious with this statement. You lose so much credibility if you honestly think this. Maybe its you who needs to take the goggles off. I'd love to smoke what you're smoking sometimes.
Alabama just lost to a MWC team by 14, that only beat Michigan by 2. I'm more confident than ever that USC would beat Alabama's ass, if you think Utah's offense hit them quick USC would have a field day.SC got blown the fuck out by Iowa.I love hearing SEC excuses.... start spilling them.

soooo you're telling me you think the Big10 is on par with the SEC this year?? really Jadaki??? really???Oh, and no excuses here, like i said, congrats to Iowa. They did their job.

soooo you're telling me you think the Big10 is on par with the SEC this year?? really Jadaki??? really???Oh, and no excuses here, like i said, congrats to Iowa. They did their job.
I don't think they are all that different. The SEC will get the general nod because Florida made it to the title game, but Bama losing really hurts that conference power ranking. Both of them have one team that is clearly the class of the conference, a couple other teams that are capable of winning 85-90% of their games and a lot of average stuff after that.