Ohio State Buckeyes

He said ran over, not blew out, RIF. 500+ yards of offensive is kinda running over someone.
In all fairness, Florida didn't care and Michigan was playing like it was the national championship game.
  • Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, Florida didn't care and Michigan was playing like it was the national championship game.
I wanted Florida to win that game very badly. I love Tebow and hate Michigan. But the announcers spoke numerous times about how Urban Meyer himself had said that the game was HUGE in building towards a title run in '08. So I think you need to shuteth thy moutheth.
Looked to me like Florida was playing their asses off. Mike Hart fumbled more times in that game than he had in the three previous years combined, if that doesn't happen it would have been a blowout. Nothing like spotting a team 4 turnovers and still beating them.
Looked to me like Florida was playing their asses off. Mike Hart fumbled more times in that game than he had in the three previous years combined, if that doesn't happen it would have been a blowout. Nothing like spotting a team 4 turnovers and still beating them.
Im still pretty sure that michigan cheated, but thats neither here nor there.
loooololol357439.jpg
Effed Your Picture
Seriously read this:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...mp;sportCat=ncfGreat article by Pat Forde
No it's not. Big Ten is 14-13 over the SEC in the last 27 games. WAY TO DOMINATE!
Great...That's the worst reporting I've ever seen.I thought it was cute how he only brought up Florida in regards to last years NT game, not how they got ran over by Michigan this year in their own backyard because that would counter his point. Since 1990, Penn State is 5-2 versus the SEC and Michigan is 7-3 against them, thats a lot of upsets and those were just the first two Big-10 teams I looked at. Just because OSU can't ever beat them at anything doesn't mean no one else in the conference is capable of it. Sad part is the SEC almost always has homefield advantage in these "neutral site" games, but then again that might take away some of his nifty O-H-N-O comments if he reported facts. Let me know when Florida wants to leave the state for a OOC game. Next year OSU plays USC, the Big-10 should be even stronger with teams like Illinois on the rise and not really losing any key players. If OSU finishes next year undefeated, there is no reason they wouldn't be worthy of being in the NT game.
Does he even mention Iowa versus the SEC in Bowl games this decade? Hi, Cap One Win..Hi Outback Bowl Win..Hi 2nd Outback Bowl screwjob.
Legit lol, man..for a second there, I thought you were being serious.
Before the OSU Michigan game last year, I heard people saying that Michigan was going to try extra hard vs. OSU because Bo died. Are you telling me that Michigan would not be trying their hardest against OSU? I am pretty sure Florida cared about winning a bowl.

Jadaki........besides Ohio State, what school in the Big 10 actually plays tough OOC teams on the road......i don't feel like looking it up but i cant think of any significant games lately.......I may be wrong though

Jadaki........besides Ohio State, what school in the Big 10 actually plays tough OOC teams on the road......i don't feel like looking it up but i cant think of any significant games lately.......I may be wrong though
Since 2000, Iowa has played at Nebraska(in 2000, when they were still good), Kansas State in Kansas City(Also in 2000, when they were still good), Arizona State in 03 and 04 (home and home, both times ASU ranked in the top 15) and Syracuse for a home and home(Hey, they were good when they scheduled 'em).Not really a murderer's row, but they're all BCS schools and certainly not Florida A&M either.That's just Iowa, though..and it really just speaks to the hit and miss of scheduling. You can schedule a 'cupcake' and 5 years later they're a powerhouse, or vice versa.
Not really a murderer's row, but they're all BCS schools and certainly not Florida A&M either.
well yeah.....there are other teams in the SEC besides Florida.......kinda funny to use their OOC schedule as an example for the other SEC teams'.....
well yeah.....there are other teams in the SEC besides Florida.......kinda funny to use their OOC schedule as an example for the other SEC teams'.....
as an aside....any Canes fan will tell you the Gators are non-conference cowards. They just stopped playing Miami in the mid-80's citing scheduling difficulties. More like they got sick of getting punked year in year out difficulties.
Michigan and MSU regularly schedule ND, who was a solid team until this year. OOC Opponents for Michigan since 2002 (Bowl games in bold) 2002: Notre Dame (10-3), Washington (7-6), Florida (8-5)2003: Notre Dame (5-7), Houstan (7-6), Oregon (8-5), USC (12-1)2004: Notre Dame (6-6), Miami-OH (8-5), Texas (11-1)2005: Notre Dame (9-3), Northern Ill (7-5), Nebraska (8-4)2006: Notre Dame (10-3), Vanderbilt (4-8), Central Michigan (10-4), USC (11-2)2007: Notre Dame (3-9), App St (13-2), Oregon (9-4), Florida (9-4)I skipped any small schools with losing records, only 2 or 3 during that time frame.
Michigan and MSU regularly schedule ND, who was a solid team until this year. OOC Opponents for Michigan since 2002 (Bowl games in bold) 2002: Notre Dame (10-3), Washington (7-6), Florida (8-5)2003: Notre Dame (5-7), Houstan (7-6), Oregon (8-5), USC (12-1)2004: Notre Dame (6-6), Miami-OH (8-5), Texas (11-1)2005: Notre Dame (9-3), Northern Ill (7-5), Nebraska (8-4)2006: Notre Dame (10-3), Vanderbilt (4-8), Central Michigan (10-4), USC (11-2)2007: Notre Dame (3-9), App St (13-2), Oregon (9-4), Florida (9-4)I skipped any small schools with losing records, only 2 or 3 during that time frame.
Michigan is one of a handful of teams who show clear courage in their non-conference scheduling over the last 25 years. USC, ND, FSU, and Miami are also in there. Sure I am missing one or two deserving people. Oh yeah....OU, Texas, and Ohio State. Thats the list.
Big Ten is 14-13 over the SEC in the last 27 games. WAY TO DOMINATE!
I'm going to guess that they're 14-14 over the last 28. =)Is there significance to 27 games?
I'm going to guess that they're 14-14 over the last 28. =)Is there significance to 27 games?
-Nope..14-13 counts the NC game. You'd think the greatest conference in America top to bottom would be doing better than a game under .500 against those schlubs from the Big Ten. -Games since 2000.
-Nope..14-13 counts the NC game. You'd think the greatest conference in America top to bottom would be doing better than a game under .500 against those schlubs from the Big Ten. -Games since 2000.
I think it is very difficult to draw any conclusions from games that are (outside of National Championship games) more or less menaingless. There is usually a month break or more between a team's last game and its bowl game. Also, teams that find their bowl placement a "disappointment" often fail to show up for the game (see: Cal).That 14-13 record suggests very little to me. I find the fact that the SEC is 4-0 in BCS championship games much more compelling. The Big Ten keeps getting blown out in big bowl games. That is a bad sign for a conference and really hurts their prestige (not really fair I admit but it is what it is).Do you honestly think you could find any non-Big Ten college football fan out there who would argue the Big Ten is better than the SEC right now?
Do you honestly think you could find any non-Big Ten college football fan out there who would argue the Big Ten is better than the SEC right now?
Considering the regular season is supposed to be a "playoff" where every game is important you can't dismiss that record quite so easily. The argument isn't so much that the Big-10 is better than the SEC, it's debunking the myth perpetuated by the sports media that the SEC is vastly superior and the Big-10 is only as good as the WAC. Articles like the one Pat Forde put out are so blatantly biased when they avoid simple facts that it's hard as a Big-10 supporter to sit around and take the abuse. OSU has ran over the Big-10 recently, but they for whatever reason haven't matched up well with their last couple bowl opponents. That by no means is indicative of the Big-10 as a whole. Michigan proved it this year vs Florida there is just as much athletic talent on the top Big-10 rosters as there is anywhere in the SEC. OSU fans dont want to hear this but Michigan would have been a better match up vs LSU given the layoff, Manningham and Arrington can get separation on any corners in the country, something OSU's wideouts could not pull off.
Considering the regular season is supposed to be a "playoff" where every game is important you can't dismiss that record quite so easily. The argument isn't so much that the Big-10 is better than the SEC, it's debunking the myth perpetuated by the sports media that the SEC is vastly superior and the Big-10 is only as good as the WAC. Articles like the one Pat Forde put out are so blatantly biased when they avoid simple facts that it's hard as a Big-10 supporter to sit around and take the abuse. OSU has ran over the Big-10 recently, but they for whatever reason haven't matched up well with their last couple bowl opponents. That by no means is indicative of the Big-10 as a whole. Michigan proved it this year vs Florida there is just as much athletic talent on the top Big-10 rosters as there is anywhere in the SEC. OSU fans dont want to hear this but Michigan would have been a better match up vs LSU given the layoff, Manningham and Arrington can get separation on any corners in the country, something OSU's wideouts could not pull off.
I wont touch the Pat Forde article....it is awful. Completely ignores how young this year's Buckeye team was.My only point is this.....gun to your head right now....what is the better conference?? I think it is very hard to go against the SEC at the moment.I agree that the gaps between the two are not huge (I think the have nots have caught the haves everywhere in college football). Conference strength is also cyclical....big ten is in a downswing so to speak. Fair or not, your conference is judged by how they perform in the biggest games and lately the big ten.....not so good there. Sure it will change soon enough.Side note: Love the Rich Rodriguez hire for Michigan long term. Great pick.