Ohio State Buckeyes

Meh, with a banged up Hart and Henne, plus the field conditions being what they were, it was going to be hard. Both teams didn't look good on offense...the difference was the OSU defense stepping up after a shitty performance last week.
That and Wells was huge... the OSU defensive line played great, they did the best job of shutting down the zone blocking I've seen. Michigan's WR's couldn't hold onto anything and OSU's QB was meaningless the entire game which was good since Michigan's secondary played really bad the second half.
  • Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLZ...Beanie Wells ran for over 200 yards!Go Buckeyes!
Yeah, but Boeckman threw for under 100 yards and threw an INT...Don't get me wrong, Beanie played amazing, but if we are going to win the Rose Bowl, we're going to need both a good ground attack and a good passing attack.
Yeah, but Boeckman threw for under 100 yards and threw an INT...Don't get me wrong, Beanie played amazing, but if we are going to win the Rose Bowl, we're going to need both a good ground attack and a good passing attack.
I agree. I think the conditions severely limited both teams passing attack. I think Boeckman learned from his mistakes in the Illinois game. Plus Tressel should have them ready.

Wells was very good, but I'd say that it was the least dominating 220-some yards I've ever seen. Most of his yards came on the one scoring drive in the 2nd quarter and the one long run in the 3rd. Ohio State's offense never really dominated even though Wells racked up yards. OSU had two drives over 50 yards (one consisting of Wells' one long run and one at the end of the first half where Michigan sat back in prevent and let Boeckman throw it). In the 2nd half, they had Wells' one long run, then punted every drive until the final drive.To say that Wells having 220 yards is an example of a dominating offense is a bit misleading. However, their offense sure as hell played a lot better than Michigan's offense. Michigan had one drive over 15 yards today, and that resulted in a FG.This Michigan team is just not very good, and we got our asses totally kicked today.

I can't remember what the Cavs did last weekend, but with the Buckeyes and the Browns being defeated, it was not a good Cleveland sports weekend. When the Cavs won on Friday, I thought that the tides were turning. Buckeyes won and I expect the Browns to will (and I also read that Troy Smith might be playing a little so hopefully the OSU alum will have a good day also).

Now that Oklahomo crashed and burned, only a few more teams to lose and we ay be headed to da Big eASY. WEEEe
Oklahomo.. hahaha thats original. It's funny your making fun of a team your going to need to win the Big-12 championship to even have a shot at getting to the title game, which won't happen because West Virgina isn't going to lose again.Be happy with the Rose Bowl.
LSU LOSES!!!! THINGS ARE LOOKING UP FOR THE BUCKEYES!!!
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaNow we just need the Big 12 teams to cancel each other out.New Orleans here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WVU is too good, way to many weapons on offense and on of the best defenses in the country. They are going to the title game.
So if Kansas or Missouri lose in the Big 10 title game, OSU will play WVU in the NC right? Assuming that WVU wins their remaining two games.
So if Kansas or Missouri lose in the Big 10 title game, OSU will play WVU in the NC right? Assuming that WVU wins their remaining two games.
Hard for Kansas or Miss to win a conference they aren't in ;)Whoever wins between Kan/Miss will play Oklahoma in the Big-12 title game, if they win that they should be in the NT game. If Oklahoma wins the Big-12 title game it will probably be WVU vs OSU unless WV gets upset.