The New Challenge Begins

Not sure if anyone followed my last challenge, which was to get 20k from $200 during the summer (any non-believers can check the blog). I went 60 days and made it to like 10k or so. I peaked at 12k+. Well last week I got a free $50 from Bodog and also deposited $50 on Full Tilt, I've made some money on both and have decided to work on a new challenge:I started with $50 of my own money on Full Tilt, $50 free money on Bodog. I'm going to see which one I can run up more (or I may lose them both). On Full Tilt, I'm only playing poker. On Bodog I can do whatever, bet on sports, black jack, pai gow, whatever but to be honest it'll pretty much be collegel football bets and poker. I'll keep some updates going. Right now I have 500+ on FT and 700+ on bodog, I'll do it official tomorrow. I would like to welcome any competitors, haters, supporters, teachers, advisers, etc. Adios and have a good weekend.I'm either rich or busto by Tuesday.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VGL, just be careful of the Free $50.. Somewhere on here in the last few days someone got ripped off for there winnings because they didn't deposit any real money...Also, hope all is well in "Real Life" from when your last challenge ended..

howd you get the free 50 from bodog?

this weekend was a roller coaster for sure. I've never claimed to be a bankroll expert, I definitely need to talk to someone about that lol. Al Smooth?Anyways... to update you guys.I went to the SC game, we won but did not cover so goodbye 300 on bodog. I have to check but I'm around 400 on there. On Full Tilt I was killing head's up cash games on Friday night and was at like 900, then lost it all back down to 300+. So today I was like F - it, I'm going to play the $200 buy in on FT for the 750k guaranteed. Well (see blog), I did decently and finished 48th for a cash of 1300 or so and now my FT roll is at 1500+. ** Also, does anyone know the stipulation of the bodog free $50? From what I read, it says that you have to make 3x the points of the BONUS money, which is $50 so I'm assuming it's 150 points, which I've made. Does that make sense? And to those who asked, I'm not sure how I got the free $50, they just sent it to me via email because I haven't played on their site in a long time. Party Poker used to do it too. The email from bodog is on my blog somewhere.

I enjoy reading your blog, you dont have the greatest br management but who am i to redicule since i dont either but good luck in this
G-Nogle -- My BR management is HORRIBLE. I am really bad at it and one of these days I need to just sack up and discipline myself. I am the typical player who wins big and then goes shopping the next day. I need to do something about this and I'm fully aware of it, it's just hard for me. Also concerning BR I should be playing the .5/.10 obviously but I don't.

GL..and yeah, work on that BR management. Even if you get hot an go on a good run, if you move up too fast and are always playing above your BR you WILLL go bust. It is a mathmatical certainty. It's like you're drawing dead and don't know it.

The weekend was very crazy on FT, here's how it went:Friday night: Played some head's up before I went out and got it up to $900+.Friday wee hours: Lost a lot playing head's up after the club, down to $500+.Saturday morning: Lost $200, then went back up to $900+, then was down to a weekend low of $360 (all head's up cash game play).Sunday morning: Decided to take a shot at the big tournament and cashed for like $1300+, now at $1500+.Monday evening: Lost $50 in the 100k guaranteed but won head's up cash games and got up to $2k. Then played two tables of head's up cash games and got crushed down to $1400. Then played a 6-person table and 9-person table and doubled buy-in on 6-person table, now currently at $2100+.

206changeare you about to shark me for all my cheese? be nice buddy. yours?
dont worry. anytime i try and bust someone they run eternally good on me and basically win 5-10 buy-ins.I had a guy really hurting a few nights ago. He obv goes on tilt and magically wins it all back. I made a few mistakes..but srsly...1 - play me2 - go down to 1 buy-in3 - ?4 - profitgl- Jordan