PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero ($13.65)Button ($11.30)SB ($4.35)BB ($6.85)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9 :) , 9 :D . Hero raises to $0.3, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20.Flop: ($0.90) 7 :club: , 8 :D , J :D(3 players)SB bets $0.4, BB folds, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.60.Turn: ($2.90) 3 :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero pushes?Villain is 22/14.5/2 after about 50 hands. History: He raised preflop to 3x bb from UTG+1 a few hands ago... i flat called in SB with AJo. Flop comes 5 8 J with 2 clubs, i check, he bets pot, I raise, he pushes for his 4 dollar stack, I call. Turns out he had AJo as well, and we split the pot. Pretty much only pot I've really seen him play.Thoughts: Should have probably raised to ~1.30 instead. As played, do we push the turn or check behind?

I don't think your flop raise was that bad, I'd probably raise a bit more though. I check behind on turnIf villain bets river, I'd probably fold unless I know that villain will bluff.If a 9 hits on the river, how do we play it?

I'd check behind too - people at ten max don't fold top pair when they're short stacked.Unless the river is helpful, I don't see going any further in this hand as profitable.

I'd check behind too - people at ten max don't fold top pair when they're short stacked.Unless the river is helpful, I don't see going any further in this hand as profitable.
What if the river is a 9?
What if the river is a 9?
Depends on what the opponent does, that's why position is so important.I'd probably call a medium-large bet if he led out, and bet if he checked with a bet/fold mentality.
Depends on what the opponent does, that's why position is so important.I'd probably call a medium-large bet if he led out, and bet if he checked with a bet/fold mentality.
That's why I hate playing hands like these, because no matter what I do I feel as if I played it completely wrong.
I absolutely hated the call on the flop, just because it leaves me with no idea of where I am in the hand. If I check behind on the turn, and am checked to on the river, do I value bet?
I would raise more on the flop to represent a hand like QQ KK AA AJ, your raise just isnt big enough. Once he calls the flop bet I probably check the turn and if the river is a blank and he checks I'm probably going to check behind.
I would raise more on the flop to represent a hand like QQ KK AA AJ, your raise just isnt big enough. Once he calls the flop bet I probably check the turn and if the river is a blank and he checks I'm probably going to check behind.
It doesn't even really matter. Your standard 10 max player isn't dumping J4os here. They just play really bad :club:

Would anyone else bet 2/3 pot to try and take it down right here if he isnt holding a jack? If he c/r, we're obviously behind.If we check the turn, blank hits, and he bets out, do we just call him down?

Well if you bet 2/3 of the pot on the turn, and he raises, you'd be getting like 8-9:1 and actually be getting the right odds to call and outdraw him. If he was deeper, I'd like a turn bet so that you could check behind on the river if he calls.