We still need 3 more people to enter so we can get going, its gonna be 20 $4.40s over a 3 week periodhere is the point system 1st; 100 points 2nd; 68 points 3rd; 54 points 4th; 45 points 5th; 40 points 6th; 36 points 7th; 32 points 8th; 30 points 9th; 27 points 10th; 26 points 11th; 24 points 12th; 23 points 13th; 21 points 14th; 20 points 15th; 19 points 17th-16th; 18 points 18th; 17 points 20th-19th; 16 points 21st; 15 points 24th-22nd; 14 points 26th-25th; 13 points 29th-27th; 12 points 32nd-30th; 11 points 35th-33rd; 10 points 40th-36th; 9 points 45th-41st; 8 points 51st-46th; 7 points 59th-52nd; 6 points 68th-60th; 5 points 69th-80th; 4 points 81st-95th; 3 points 96th-115th; 2 points 116th-142nd; 1 points 143rd-180th; 0 pointsIf this gets going I will create a separate thread for it where you must post the tourney ID number in the thread PRIOR to the start of it, if you dont you will not receive points for it. This would also allow people to play them as 'practice' if they want. And if they post the tourney ID# after they finish they must post were they finished and give the HH, then any other person in the challenge will either go to OPR or sharkscope to confirm it.I'm happy to hear, and consider, and changes you guys may have, if you are interested go ahead and post with and I will add you to the list, once again, I want 10 at first, but if a lot of people show interest, i will bump it up.thoughts?In so far------------XXEddie (KevinJA8FCP)-SHIPPEDbobbywithani (same)-SHIPPEDsource99 (same)-SHIPPEDMr. Sparco (Bures-sur-Yvette)-SHIPPEDFlushGarden (danny2271)-SHIPPEDNaps_555 (Naps 555)-SHIPPEDKuge (same)-SHIPPEDjcashx36x (same)-SHIPPEDDoinsublime (same)-SHIPPEDsimo_8ball (same)-SHIPPEDsteve73 (MEX123)-SHIPPEDDinkDonk (Kenny855)-SHIPPEDakatz17 (Emelioooo)-SHIPPED

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you verify that people aren't submitting rthe best samples from the dozens they played? If I played 100 and the predetermined # was 20, I would pick only the best finishes. Perhaps there should be a specific time frame for these to be completed, like 1 week for 20 or 2 weeks for 50 matches. Or maybe that's the idea...

How would you verify that people aren't submitting rthe best samples from the dozens they played? If I played 100 and the predetermined # was 20, I would pick only the best finishes. Perhaps there should be a specific time frame for these to be completed, like 1 week for 20 or 2 weeks for 50 matches. Or maybe that's the idea...
that is the idea to have a set time framebut thats why in order for you to receive points, and the tourney to count, you must post the tourney ID# PRIOR to the start of the tourney, and you must also post when you bust and what you placed ASAP! Then anyone can go on stars, do a search by tourney number, and confirmbtw, ANY attempt of cheating will be automatic DQ and you will have get your money back, it will stay in the prize pool
I might be in, any chances of upping it to say the $10's? I still might be down for the $4.40s. Also, to track it, you can use sharkscope to show all the past sngs the person has played. You have to purchase a subscription but i think it's like $8 and completely worth it if you play a ton of sngs IMO.
I might be in, any chances of upping it to say the $10's? I still might be down for the $4.40s. Also, to track it, you can use sharkscope to show all the past sngs the person has played. You have to purchase a subscription but i think it's like $8 and completely worth it if you play a ton of sngs IMO.
Unfortunalty they don't have the $10 anymore, just the turbos
down
in
post your stars sn too
yeah i thought about the sharkscope thing, but you can only search 5 times without a subscription, but if you post the tourney ID before it starts, and post when you go broke, people can search through stars and confirm
post your stars sn tooyeah i thought about the sharkscope thing, but you can only search 5 times without a subscription, but if you post the tourney ID before it starts, and post when you go broke, people can search through stars and confirm
ORRR, you could take like $8 from the prizepool, buy a subscription(which anybody who plays sngs should have one), and then get the full results of everybody. Wayyyy easier logisticly.And I'm probably in.
i think the difference in points from 2nd to 1st is a little much
Point system def needs some work. I could make 10 final tables (which is quite impressive out of 15 of these) but only finish 8 or 9 in them, and lose to a guy who luckboxes one for a 2nd place finish.

Great idea, I would certainly be in!Mr. Sparco (Bures-sur-Yvette) on pokerstars as well.As a suggestion, perhaps the point distribution is a bit top heavy? I would say you want to reward consistency, not one or two lucky final tables. For example, ten finishes in places 10-18 (which happens to be where I usually finish :club: ) are worth as much as a single fifth place finish, and a first is even worth five times as much. Maybe make it a bit flatter? I haven't really thought about an explicit alternative, but would of course be happy to do so if you want me to.Edit: OK, I type too slowly... I guess a QFT would have been enough :D

I'm happy to hear, and consider, and changes you guys may have, if you are interested go ahead and post with and I will add you to the list, once again, I want 10 at first, but if a lot of people show interest, i will bump it up.thoughts?Ok xxeddie i think this is an awesome idea and i've thought about this but just didnt follow through with it. i have a suggestion to help make things run smoothly, please let me know how you feel about it.SuggestionWhen you figure out how many $4.40s u want this challenge to consist of (example 15 games). Set a start date for players to start playing their 15 games. I.E Sept.9 so we can check the OPR and count the first 15 $4.40s they play. This way it will be a lot more clear to read peoples stats.Let me know what u thinkaloha, Jc
PokerStars point system. they have a ss with the formula in place, you could just adapt it to your challenge.
That system basically awards the inverse of the square root of your position. (All the other parameters are constant if we only play a single type of tournament.) For example, if you scale everything so that first place had 100 points, and round off, it would read1 1002 713 584 505 456 417 388 359 3310 3211 3012 2913 2814 2715 2616 2517 2418 2419 2320 2221 2222 2123 2124 2025 2026 2027 1928 1929 1930 1831 1832 1833 1734 1735 1736 17for the first 36 positions. You could of course continue to lower positions if you like. This might be a bit too flat a distribution, but I could certainly live with it.

The flatter the point system, the more likely the most consistent player will be the winner...Doing it this way you can justify having a more top heavy payout.