My New Lcd/hdtv/tv/computer Screen

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...552921665067954just picked up this beeeotch a couple days ago. its a tv but can be used as a comp screen. just hooks up in back. makes playing 4 tables a lot easier than my old 17inch screen. when i find my camera ill snap a few.

Nice...Congrats man. I'm looking at getting a new LCD tv as well. One question, when you are using it as a computer monitor, what is the highest resolution you can go? I've tried this before with some lower quality LCD tv's and the highest they'll go is like 800x600 (or next one up).

Congrats GeneralGee - I'm interested in seeing your setup as I just bought a 46" Sharp Aquos last weekend but it's setup in the family room.

One question, when you are using it as a computer monitor, what is the highest resolution you can go? I've tried this before with some lower quality LCD tv's and the highest they'll go is like 800x600 (or next one up).
If you buy a Full HD set, the native resolution is 1080p which gives you 1920x1080 res.
Nice...Congrats man. I'm looking at getting a new LCD tv as well. One question, when you are using it as a computer monitor, what is the highest resolution you can go? I've tried this before with some lower quality LCD tv's and the highest they'll go is like 800x600 (or next one up).
Display Resolution1366 x 768
Display Resolution1366 x 768
Yep thats it. I dont really mind cuse i dont need to 8 table like most of you guys. :club: 4 is enough for me
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...552921665067954just picked up this beeeotch a couple days ago. its a tv but can be used as a comp screen. just hooks up in back. makes playing 4 tables a lot easier than my old 17inch screen. when i find my camera ill snap a few.
Wow, I thought about doing this...but the screen is too big (for me). I find it easier to stare at a 27" monitor than a 42" or 50".I mean, unless you are halfway across the room you're going to be sitting in front of something as big as you that's 2 feet away.
I have to scroll down until the face in your sig is gone and just the body is there to enjoy it! She looks 14 in the face but fully grown up in the body!!....hmmm, does that make me sound bad?? -shrug- oh well
Wow, I thought about doing this...but the screen is too big (for me). I find it easier to stare at a 27" monitor than a 42" or 50".I mean, unless you are halfway across the room you're going to be sitting in front of something as big as you that's 2 feet away.
LOL!!!Believe me man, you get used to it. It doesn't take long for that huge screen to look just as small as the one you upgraded from ... not really, but the "hugeness" doesn't last long.

Bragaments

seems the thread is kind of dead but i just got home from work. I was looking at this same tv at the store the other day. my 40" akai LCD cost me about $3000 4 years ago. its a great tv considering its EDTV as opposed to HD. the max resolution i get when hooked up to the computer is 720X480 but the text in poker tables is unreadable.. have to run one large table over the whole screen at 800x600 to see it from the couch across the room. my question is.. would i have to spend big money to get a tv that would look good from across the room with 2-3 tables running or would one like this be suitable?

seems the thread is kind of dead but i just got home from work. I was looking at this same tv at the store the other day. my 40" akai LCD cost me about $3000 4 years ago. its a great tv considering its EDTV as opposed to HD. the max resolution i get when hooked up to the computer is 720X480 but the text in poker tables is unreadable.. have to run one large table over the whole screen at 800x600 to see it from the couch across the room. my question is.. would i have to spend big money to get a tv that would look good from across the room with 2-3 tables running or would one like this be suitable?
Find a television with 1080p resolution and you should be set. This is the cheapest 1080p set (1920x1080) I could find:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...RCCODE=WEBGPROD
Find a television with 1080p resolution and you should be set. This is the cheapest 1080p set (1920x1080) I could find:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...RCCODE=WEBGPROD
Those have really dropped. That is about the same price I paid for a 720p of the same size and brand last christmas. I am not upset about it, just suprised they dropped in price so quickly. They were about 1800 last december. I love my Samsung BTW.