99, Middle Set On The Flop

Villian is unknown to me. Hasn't played many pots. Thoughts on flop and turn.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)BB ($8.30)Hero ($73.70)MP ($198.10)Button ($103.15)SB ($49)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9s.gif, 9c.gif. Hero raises to $3, MP raises to $5, Button calls $5, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.Flop: ($16.50) 9d.gif, qh.gif, 3s.gif(3 players)Hero checks, MP bets $6, Button folds, Hero raises to $17, MP calls $11.Turn: ($50.50) th.gif(2 players)Hero bets $51.7 (All-In)

Reload to full preflop and get more value out of your monsters.
I just cashed out a large portion of my bankroll for bills so I've been buying in short until I get a little healthier. I could play $50 NL, but it's becoming too boring.
I just cashed out a large portion of my bankroll for bills
Don't do that it is EV-also they don't have debtors prision anymore.... you are in the clear.sw incase it was needed.
Don't do that it is EV-also they don't have debtors prision anymore.... you are in the clear.sw incase it was needed.
Ahh, good old debtors prison. I hear it's lovely there this time of year.

I think you played it fine. The only thing I would do different is probably lead out on the flop. Min reraises preflop from players who are playing fairly tight usually means a big hand. For this reason alone I would lead into him. Also, we still have the button in the hand which should increase the odds that we get reraised, since hopefully one them hit atleast a Q.

Congrats, glad things are working out for you Money :club:
Thanks Snamuh. I'm on a sick upswing right now. Riding that positive variance for all it's worth. Big pairs are getting all-in action preflop and holding up, small pairs are hitting sets nearly half the time, flushes are completing. Gotta love poker when it's going good.
Reload to full preflop and get more value out of your monsters.
How much below full buy in do you reload? I don't like leaving money behind cuz I didn't have a full buy in and couldn't stack someone, but reloading because I folded a set of blinds seems like overkill.
How much below full buy in do you reload? I don't like leaving money behind cuz I didn't have a full buy in and couldn't stack someone, but reloading because I folded a set of blinds seems like overkill.
When I'm rolled to buy in for the full amount, I'll reload anytime I dip below 80% of the max buy-in.