I've not played any hold em cash games for bout 2 months but I decided to have a go again, been playing predominantly stud/razz and hold em tournaments. I've been on the table for about 50 hands. I'm usually a Tight Aggressive player but I've was trying to play loose aggressive, a variety of limps and raises pf with a wide selection of hands using position to my advantage. Got caught bluffing for a large pot about 10 hands before this one.Read on villain is that he is weak tight.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)MP2 ($23.75)CO ($31)Button ($25)SB ($28)BB ($24.65)UTG ($10.05)Hero ($16.65)MP1 ($37.45)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with ah.gif, as.gif. 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25, 3 folds, Button raises to $1, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.5, Button calls $1.50.Flop: ($5.35) 4s.gif, 2d.gif, 6s.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: ($5.35) 5s.gif(2 players)Hero bets $4.5, Button calls $4.50.River: ($14.35) qh.gif(2 players) Hero ???Is this an insta shove or not?Criticism of my betting on any of the streets would be welcomed. I used to play very tight aggressive at HE but got bored and discovered more excitement in other forms of poker.

Personally I would bet around $10. If you shoved, you could only hope that villain hit a q and calls. I dont think he'll call a shove with a single pair <6 unless he just doesnt believe you one bit. Other than that, a shove would only be called by mabye a slow played set of flush on the turn.edit - eegad, miscalculated your stack at the river, disregard

i think you would want to re-raise just a little bit more, maybe $3-4, you should get a similar calling range and get a little more value overallas played, i would make around a pot-sized bet 100% of the time on the flop and hope he shoves a bigger overpairi shove the river

Before the flop you are short stacked (which you should have reloaded by now that you're down 10, unless it was intentional). Short stackers get less respect because they are more desperate, but you still made a very small raise. It was basically a min raise. $3-4 preflop is a good reraise. On you catch that flop I assume you were going to c/r or crai, which is fine, but I think I'd look more into leading out. Bet the full pot on the turn - at this point you aren't folding anyway. The river is a shove pretty much 100% of the time. Hope he had AQ, Jacks, KQ, etc. If you shove and are beat, it should only be to three queens, anything else and its just a beat. I'm pretty comfortable shoving the river all day since you have less than a PSB left.

I guess I was trying to trap on the flop given my table image. Thanks for the advice. Must remember to reload.Results are that I shoved and he had hit a 2 outer on the river to win but I've gone through enough bad beats to let that bother me. More worried about extracting the max from this hand the other 94% of the time that I would win it.Cheers

Re-raise to $3 minimum pre flop (a lot of call station's can't chuck away AJ offsuit pre flop so make them pay)bet between $3.50-4.50 on the flop & lead out on the river if you get called.... get value for these hands!