Holy Crap I Hit A Good Turn Card... Or Did I?

Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $5/$109 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with A :D Q :DUTG raises, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, 5 folds, UTG calls.Flop: 4 :D 7 :) Q :D (7.6SB, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Hero calls.Turn: Q :club: (7.8BB, 2 players)UTG bets, Hero ...Villain is 24/12/2.49 after 1326 hands, but most of those would be from 6-max.What's our best approach here.I think all of the streets are debatable so far.

the way he played the flop so storngly i would say he has a flush draw and maybe 2 overs, maybe AK spades. On the turn i would raise and check call if a spade hit the river

I guess the first step would be to assign a range here.I don't think 44 is possible. 77 is, although it'd be a loose raise for him utg.AQ is possible, but I'm not sure he'd cap the flop. And he'd be less likely to do that with KQ. QQ is obviously impossible.He didn't cap preflop, but can we rule out KK, AA?AsKs is certainly a possibility, as you mentioned.************Meanwhile, I'm interested in preflop play. He's tight for a 6-max player, but I'd still 3-bet him in 6-max, but should I be 3-betting his UTG raise here?IMO, 3-bet > coldcall > fold, but I'm interested in what others say. I don't play a ton of full ring, and I think I sometimes let my SH tendencies get the better of me.Also, what about the flop 3-bet? I think his flop raise could be a ton of hands here. 88-JJ, AQ, KQ, 77, QJs (if he got tricky pf), etc. I tend to fastplay flops with my stronger hands, rather than call, raise turn, generally. I think it's a style thing, but obviously sometimes one line is better than the other.Thoughts?

This depends a lot on your evaluation of UTG: Is he a tight player? Would he raise UTG and then call a third bet with 7's or 4's? Is he willing to raise with a nut flush draw? How creative is he?If UTG is very tight he could have the following hands:77AsKsAQAAKKJJTTThe last 4 possibilities are only if the turn convinced him you missed.If he's more creative, he could also have:KQ (he's making a play, figuring he's the only guy with a set.)44In most of these hands you're the favorite, even though the most likely hands for him to have are 44 and 77.Raise the turn, and call on the turn (and the inevitable river bet,) if he 3 bets. If he calls the turn bet out on the river. There's just too many hands he can have that lose to AQ: He could've trapped & then be throwing a temper tantrum with JJ or (as the trips fell,) KK. He could be making a continuation bet on the turn only because he capped the flop. 30% chance you're losing to 7's full, 10% that you're losing to 4's full, but the rest of the time you're in terrific shape. (Those are brown numbers.)P.S. - If he raises the turn I say you only call and then call the river, because at that point I think your odds are < 50%. You still have to call. And the calls assume, of course, that you miss on the river. If you fill up go nuts!

Meanwhile, I'm interested in preflop play. He's tight for a 6-max player, but I'd still 3-bet him in 6-max, but should I be 3-betting his UTG raise here?IMO, 3-bet > coldcall > fold, but I'm interested in what others say. I don't play a ton of full ring, and I think I sometimes let my SH tendencies get the better of me.Also, what about the flop 3-bet? I think his flop raise could be a ton of hands here. 88-JJ, AQ, KQ, 77, QJs (if he got tricky pf), etc. I tend to fastplay flops with my stronger hands, rather than call, raise turn, generally. I think it's a style thing, but obviously sometimes one line is better than the other.Thoughts?
Big question (and hard to answer) is has he adjusted to full ring?Preflop call/3-bet is more about the tendancy of the rest of the table than UTG. If calling will drag others in then I like that, if it's most likely to be you, the UTG and just the BB then 3-bet to isolate.On the turn he has played like AA, KK, AQ, KQ, 77 more than anything else - TAG playing AKs OOP like this is a little odd. Your ahead of most of that and if he has adjusted 77 maybe outside his range. Also, 3rd level thinking - he's going to find it hard to put you on a Queen so it points more to a AA, KKRaise the turn for value and take note if 77 is in his range
Would he raise UTG and then call a third bet with 7's or 4's?
You're not suggesting UTG would fold to a 3-bet preflop?
This depends a lot on your evaluation of UTG: Is he a tight player? Would he raise UTG and then call a third bet with 7's or 4's? Is he willing to raise with a nut flush draw? How creative is he?If UTG is very tight he could have the following hands:77AsKsAQAAKKJJTTThe last 4 possibilities are only if the turn convinced him you missed.If he's more creative, he could also have:KQ (he's making a play, figuring he's the only guy with a set.)44In most of these hands you're the favorite, even though the most likely hands for him to have are 44 and 77.Raise the turn, and call on the turn (and the inevitable river bet,) if he 3 bets. If he calls the turn bet out on the river. There's just too many hands he can have that lose to AQ: He could've trapped & then be throwing a temper tantrum with JJ or (as the trips fell,) KK. He could be making a continuation bet on the turn only because he capped the flop. 30% chance you're losing to 7's full, 10% that you're losing to 4's full, but the rest of the time you're in terrific shape. (Those are brown numbers.)P.S. - If he raises the turn I say you only call and then call the river, because at that point I think your odds are < 50%. You still have to call. And the calls assume, of course, that you miss on the river. If you fill up go nuts!
Are you stinkypete from 2+2?
Best first post ever?**************************like Kramit said, the pf 3-bet depends on the players yet to act. I love AQs, especially 5 way to the flop.But I imagine in 5/10 this 3-bet works best against an aggressive UTG.Raise turn.I have nothing new to add