****official Wsop Me 8/28 Thread****

The Nuts segment was hysterical. daniel clanking the ball off the post was funny for some reason and then the slow mo shot of gazes getting smacked in the face by the chick was incredible. the red blinking intern sign with arrow pointing at her was great.too bad josh arieh has to be in these segments. it's been 3 years but i have yet to see someone as obnoxious as him at the table, eric molina wasn't even close.

and what's the other reason you still know this kid's name? because he was annoying and made an impression
I will never understand how Tom Jacobs kept his cool and resisted beating the pi$$ out of Molina when he busted in the '06 ME...

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Chris Ferguson's call against Varkoni. There was 2,200 in the pot and Ferguson called a 19,800 bet from Varkoni with JJ on a KQ7 board. I was thinking that maybe ESPN had the pot size wrong or something but after watching it a couple of times it looks like it is right. You can watch the hand here 5 minutes in. http://www.pokertube.com/ShowMovie.aspx?mo...s%20of%20poker%202007&OrderBy=LatestChris Ferguson's track record obviously speaks for itself and he obviously is a great player but he really makes some strange plays some times.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Chris Ferguson's call against Varkoni. There was 2,200 in the pot and Ferguson called a 19,800 bet from Varkoni with JJ on a KQ7 board. I was thinking that maybe ESPN had the pot size wrong or something but after watching it a couple of times it looks like it is right. You can watch the hand here 5 minutes in. http://www.pokertube.com/ShowMovie.aspx?mo...s%20of%20poker%202007&OrderBy=LatestChris Ferguson's track record obviously speaks for itself and he obviously is a great player but he really makes some strange plays some times.
Yeah, that hand jumped out at me. I think it might have been an example of Ferguson having little to no respect for RV's game. I mean, who the f bets all in for 19.8k into a 2200 pot. But then again, who the f calls before mentioned bet? :club:

The nuts segment was too funny..Also the guy who Daniel was giving advice to was urindanger, one of the best hsnl players, just thought that was funny. How he played a pot and then went back to reading Hoh with not a care in the world..I think Daniel made fun of him in his v blogs during wsop too saying something like how bad the players are someone was reading hoh on the table etc etc..I thought it was a good tactic only secondary to wearing a white wig and getting some old makeup to look like a fish..

The nuts segment was too funny..Also the guy who Daniel was giving advice to was urindanger, one of the best hsnl players, just thought that was funny. How he played a pot and then went back to reading Hoh with not a care in the world..I think Daniel made fun of him in his v blogs during wsop too saying something like how bad the players are someone was reading hoh on the table etc etc..I thought it was a good tactic only secondary to wearing a white wig and getting some old makeup to look like a fish..
hAhahaha I know, this guy would beat up daniel pretty good in a nolimit cash game...Funny how daniel got leveled

Johnny Moss was a real stinker. ELOHELSome good moments were aired on those two eps for sure. I think DN is the nuts, but man does he have a way of insulting someone with a smile. :club: You can feel the needle oozing in those little comments he makes. Not saying it's a bad thing.Can't believe nobody mentioned the Moneymaker accidental raise that not only cost him an additional 6k, but failed to let him draw at his nut flush when the guy shoveled! Bwa ha ha ha. And how went on and on about not getting respect but not caring and how the "bloggers" make fun of him. Well....I guess they have an additional reason to now. Not saying we don't make mistakes, but stuff like that from a World Champion is embarassing.As for the Varkoni shove, having played with him on Day 3, he makes really weird big bets sometimes that seem to work out for him. And it's odd, he didn't continuation bet very much. He'd raise pre then check-fold to his only caller (usually me, lol). But he played AK one time really similar to that. Flop came K-Q-x and guy checked, he bet out 40k into a 32k pot. I think his turn bet was all in for like 250k. Not nearly as odd, but it felt odd at the time.

hAhahaha I know, this guy would beat up daniel pretty good in a nolimit cash game...Funny how daniel got leveled
weren't they playing a no limit hold'em tournament? daniels pretty good at those i hear.
4 episodes of the main event and I've yet to see myself. Sad. I was really looking forward to my 1.2 seconds of fame.
I am 99.9% I will get an additional 1.2 seconds when we make the money. At least the back of the jersey should surely make the cut.