This guy is not a loose player or aggressive, just a douchebag. He raised every button literally and when I had him he sucked out.This is the last hand to lose my dough.PokerStars Game #11758675421: Tournament #87563664, $500.00+$20.00 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) Table '59563614 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: Douchebag (1940 in chips) Seat 2: Me (1060 in chips) Douchebag : posts small blind 10Me: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Me [Kh Kc]Douchebag : raises 80 to 100Me: raises 300 to 400Douchebag : calls 300*** FLOP *** [6h 6d Qc]Me: bets 660 and is all-inDouchebag : calls 660*** TURN *** [6h 6d Qc] [5s]*** RIVER *** [6h 6d Qc 5s] [3s]Me said, "wtf is that"*** SHOW DOWN ***Me: shows [Kh Kc] (two pair, Kings and Sixes)Douchebag: shows [6s Js] (three of a kind, Sixes)The utter douchebag collected 2120 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2120 | Rake 0 Board [6h 6d Qc 5s 3s]Seat 1: Douchebag (button) (small blind) showed [6s Js] and won (2120) with three of a kind, SixesSeat 2: Me (big blind) showed [Kh Kc] and lost with two pair, Kings and SixesAny explanation for this type of crap at these reasonable stakes?Considering just quitting online altogether after these types of play.

I personally wouldn't raise with J6s unless my opponent was very weak, but it isn't that horrible.I don't like the raise that much here though because both of you aren't deep enough and a raise cuts his implied odds considerably.

My main reply is that if you get upset enough to post about this, and this is real money as opposed to play money, then you are playing at too high of a level. Controlling your responses is an important part of the game, and getting upset enough to create a 'WTF' post for getting your money in as a HUGE favorite is -EV.PS -- I should know, it's why I play the levels I do.

"My main reply is that if you get upset enough to post about this, and this is real money as opposed to play money, then you are playing at too high of a level. Controlling your responses is an important part of the game, and getting upset enough to create a 'WTF' post for getting your money in as a HUGE favorite is -EV.PS -- I should know, it's why I play the levels I do. "I worked up from lower stakes like other higher level players. Suggesting I should play at lower stakes, because something like this happens is dumb. My reaction is the same at any level. I don't have to bite my lip cos the pros do. If some bullshit happens I'm naturally going to be annoyed.p.s. I didn't just get my money as a fav. The guy raised with and then called a sizeable reraise with j6. Were playing for 2k. The hand shoudn't have transpired at all.

I worked up from lower stakes like other higher level players. Suggesting I should play at lower stakes, because something like this happens is dumb. My reaction is the same at any level. I don't have to bite my lip cos the pros do. If some bullshit happens I'm naturally going to be annoyed.p.s. I didn't just get my money as a fav. The guy raised with and then called a sizeable reraise with j6. Were playing for 2k. The hand shoudn't have transpired at all.
Oh, in that case, keep letting emotions control your game.
Suggesting I should play at lower stakes, because something like this happens is dumb.
No one is suggesting you play lower stakes because this hand happened. People are suggesting you play lower stakes because of your reaction to the hand. You want this guy to call your raise PF with J6 every time. Some of those times he's going to win. Most of those times you're going to win. The times when he does win you should be happy to say "NH" and move on.
This guy is not a loose player or aggressive, just a douchebag. He raised every button literally and when I had him he sucked out.This is the last hand to lose my dough.PokerStars Game #11758675421: Tournament #87563664, $500.00+$20.00 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) Table '59563614 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: Douchebag (1940 in chips) Seat 2: Me (1060 in chips) Douchebag : posts small blind 10Me: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Me [Kh Kc]Douchebag : raises 80 to 100Me: raises 300 to 400Douchebag : calls 300*** FLOP *** [6h 6d Qc]Me: bets 660 and is all-inDouchebag : calls 660*** TURN *** [6h 6d Qc] [5s]*** RIVER *** [6h 6d Qc 5s] [3s]Me said, "wtf is that"*** SHOW DOWN ***Me: shows [Kh Kc] (two pair, Kings and Sixes)Douchebag: shows [6s Js] (three of a kind, Sixes)The utter douchebag collected 2120 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2120 | Rake 0 Board [6h 6d Qc 5s 3s]Seat 1: Douchebag (button) (small blind) showed [6s Js] and won (2120) with three of a kind, SixesSeat 2: Me (big blind) showed [Kh Kc] and lost with two pair, Kings and SixesAny explanation for this type of crap at these reasonable stakes?Considering just quitting online altogether after these types of play.
Your reraise pf was too low. He had to call to take a shot.
Your reraise pf was too low. He had to call to take a shot.
Yes he could have seen this as you just defending your blind, that and he was soooooooted made him want to take a shot.I would usually just push this PF...but I am a donk so what do I know.

stakes are real for the last time, name changes were to give the situation from a more personal viewpoint. plus it stops sad guys like urself from sharkscoping my action which is what u wnt the name for...

Op should give up poker; only kidding! Seriously, he should play lower stakes as he clearly doesn't have the emotional stability for it. He should be celebrating that call of J 6.

OP played it fine. BBFIDTS ;)Really though, you got a good chunk of your stack in preflop with kings, what more can you ask for? If he was a donk with A4 offsuit and the flop came Axx, would you still make this post?