Definitely agree, just because a combo draw is possible doesn't mean he has it, he's likely to have just one of the draws IMO.
Yeah, it's "likely" he has (x) hand. However, it's possible we're way behind in this hand. Think it boils down to the fact that I just don't like pushing all our chips in with one pair when we c/r and got rrai for (5)*pot.
Yeah, it's "likely" he has (x) hand. However, it's possible we're way behind in this hand. Think it boils down to the fact that I just don't like pushing all our chips in with one pair when we c/r and got rrai for (5)*pot.
What did we C/R lag for then? To try and get one extra bet with AA on the flop? Doesn't make much sense to me, I'm not folding here unless it's clear to me that I'm beat, which it isn't IMO. Likely wasn't the word I wanted to use, but I was in a hurry, I meant quite possible, as in it's certainly a part of his bet/3bet range.
What did we C/R lag for then? To try and get one extra bet with AA on the flop? Doesn't make much sense to me, I'm not folding here unless it's clear to me that I'm beat, which it isn't IMO. Likely wasn't the word I wanted to use, but I was in a hurry, I meant quite possible, as in it's certainly a part of his bet/3bet range.
We don't C/R to go broke though. Sometimes we need to reconsider.

Hmmm if you take this line you basically cant fold ever.Cant believe so many people advocating a fold. Our line looks so FOS since we just risked having the flop checked thru on a really drawy board. Id snap call and be pretty happy about it.Btw i just dont think people understand how much more aggressive 5/10 sh plays then lower stakes or live games.

Hmmm if you take this line you basically cant fold ever.Cant believe so many people advocating a fold. Our line looks so FOS since we just risked having the flop checked thru on a really drawy board. Id snap call and be pretty happy about it.Btw i just dont think people understand how much more aggressive 5/10 sh plays then lower stakes or live games.
It has really nothing to do with that. When you get right down to it, our hand looks like AK to the villian. Essentially though it's the same hand and he still shoved. It's almost always a huge draw, that's pretty obvious. I think based on how this was played its not a fold ever though as you said because we've set a price against those hands - but it's reasonable to think about folding it to this kind of action. If we didn't have the Ace of clubs, then I think it'd be easier to get away from.
It has really nothing to do with that. When you get right down to it, our hand looks like AK to the villian. Essentially though it's the same hand and he still shoved. It's almost always a huge draw, that's pretty obvious. I think based on how this was played its not a fold ever though as you said because we've set a price against those hands - but it's reasonable to think about folding it to this kind of action. If we didn't have the Ace of clubs, then I think it'd be easier to get away from.
We're getting 2-1. The board is super drawy. We have an overpair. It's pretty stanrdard to get it in here. Having the Ac makes a little difference, but it wouldn't change anything if we had 2 red aces becuase that'd make it even more likely that we should call since there'd be more combos of NFDs that he could be pushing.
We're getting 2-1. The board is super drawy. We have an overpair. It's pretty stanrdard to get it in here. Having the Ac makes a little difference, but it wouldn't change anything if we had 2 red aces becuase that'd make it even more likely that we should call since there'd be more combos of NFDs that he could be pushing.
The ONLY thing that can convince me to call this is the easter egg Roberts put in the OP: villain is super LAG. I think this is some kind of big draw. And if it is a big draw, we're stealing an out and can catch runner runner in a couple ways, so maybe if we're a luckbox we can call this. Me ... I don't make these calls, because I'm usually behind and I never catch up. If I did call, my dream hand is for the villain to be holding AK. I really don't know what to do with this hand. I even railed a couple $5/$10 tables on FT last night for about an hour while I played online (I know, I rarely play online, but I did it last night and doubled up -- YAY!). Anyway, I didn't get that $5/$10 was all that aggressive overall. I still think this is a fold.
Hey I am responsible adult now... I have a Monday-Friday job and everything.IE no smoking before work :club:
That's all the more reason to smoke up before work ;-)
Why do we need results when we have a perfectly circular argument going?
And now we have a perfectly circular arguement about smoking pot before, and after work, and how working sucks. I for one think that the topic has degenerated. RESULTS!
Yeah, results would be good. I can't take the suspense.
results:i obviously called since im a station, and he had had 888. turn was jack giving me hope, but it didnt happen. i just thought the hand was very interesting.and yes, 5 10 NL SH is very very agg, folding in general is bad. my kind of game :club: