History Converter Tool[/url] from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Bet The Pot)BB ($54.25)UTG ($20)Hero ($50)Button ($94.60)SB ($47.95)Preflop: Hero is MP with [5s], [7c]. UTG calls $0.50, Hero checks, 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($2) [6d], [9c], [8c] (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1.4, SB calls $1.40, BB folds, UTG folds.Turn: ($4.80) [8s] (2 players)SB bets $4.8, Hero raises to $13, SB calls $8.20.River: ($30.80) [Td] (2 players)SB bets $33.05 (All-In), Hero folds.No real reads, sb is probably your typical player at full tilt, tight passive. This is actually my first hand at the table if you are wondering how I can check in middle position.In my experiences so far a big bet usually means a big hand.

I'd agree with Dabruins here on the 87...maybe 108. I don't really see a boat other than 108 because of his lack of a raise on a draw-heavy flop and still no 3-bet on the turn. Maybe a lucky 1010 but then why the lead out on the turn? It's a tough one for sure. Folding more times than not is probably best in this situation...I'm not sure. Would like to hear others opinions.

History Converter Tool[/url] from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Bet The Pot)BB ($54.25)UTG ($20)Hero ($50)Button ($94.60)SB ($47.95)Preflop: Hero is MP with [5s], [7c]. UTG calls $0.50, Hero checks, 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($2) [6d], [9c], [8c] (4 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1.4, SB calls $1.40, BB folds, UTG folds.Turn: ($4.80) [8s] (2 players)SB bets $4.8, Hero raises to $13, SB calls $8.20.River: ($30.80) [Td] (2 players)SB bets $33.05 (All-In), Hero folds.No real reads, sb is probably your typical player at full tilt, tight passive. This is actually my first hand at the table if you are wondering how I can check in middle position.In my experiences so far a big bet usually means a big hand.
This is REALLY borderline. A flopped straight is about the most vulnerable nuts/strong hand you can flop. There's nothing but scare cards in the deck for you. I bet straights hard on the flop, and push all in on the turn. Philosophically, you are making people pay to draw to hands that beat you, and practically speaking, you can get someone with overs and two pair to pay dearly. I love straights. I hate straights.
This is REALLY borderline. A flopped straight is about the most vulnerable nuts you can flop. There's nothing but scare cards in the deck for you. I push straights hard on the flop, and push all in on the turn.
your idea of pushing the turn confuses me, i just don't think there is much value in pushing

Hmmm that is tough, but probably a good fold. I dont see him pushing with just 3 8s on that board. I think he had the full house, and was putting you on the straight and figured you would call his all in.

This is REALLY borderline. A flopped straight is about the most vulnerable nuts/strong hand you can flop. There's nothing but scare cards in the deck for you. I bet straights hard on the flop, and push all in on the turn. Philosophically, you are making people pay to draw to hands that beat you, and practically speaking, you can get someone with overs and two pair to pay dearly. I love straights. I hate straights.
It's a love/hate straight relationstraight.Wait...

i don't know if I like the turn raise here. he has to have at least an eight and we have the ass end of the straight as well. i don't think i like juicing this pot. the river woulda been an easy and relatively cheap call.as played i'm afraid I have to fold here, choppin at best imo.

As stated before, I see this more as 87 or mabye even 97, but calling his river bet (at best, most of the times) will only be a chop pot, other than that, a loss. Wait for a better time to get it all in.