What Crazy Home Games Do You Play?

I play6 this crazy home game my gf calls "He does the cooking, I do the cleaning", yet I seem to end up doing the tub, toilet and sink, vacuuming the whole place and washing the kitchen floor she never got around to doing ini the weeks she hasn't been working...I know...BBFIDTS

We play a game called Bloody 7's. Everybody gets 3 cards, 7's are wild. Then we hold the cards in the air, face down and do a ready set drop. If you hold on to your cards you flip them up against your opponents...you will get 2 more cards dealt to you, best 5 card hand wins, loser matches the pot. Here is the kicker. If you get a 7 flipped up to you, you lose and match the pot. We also deal in a "phantom" hand which is like a house hand...which is just a way to make it harder to win and get bigger pots. If the phantom hand wins, everybody who stayed in matches the pot. We used to play that where you had to match the pot for each player you lost to. So let's say 2 people stayed in, plus the phantom hand. The phantom hand has trip aces, player 1 has a pair of kings, player 2 has a 7 flipped up to them....player 2 would be responsible for paying twice the pot...player 1 pays the pot amount and it carries over.Another variation was that we used 3 decks to play. Talk about suicide. With one deck i stay on any 7 obviously. But with 3 deck it got to the point where I'd need 2 7's to stay, lol. We had some $1500 IOU's in at one point, lol. We all pay up though.

The strangest one we play is PLO, with a mix of Chicago, so high spade gets half the pot. Nut spade flush draw on flop = nice!Its cool with 5-6 but a full ring sucks because someone has it on 90% of the hands.

We play a game called 2/3's where it is 7 stud as well as high spade and low spade in the hole. You must have 2 out of 3 to win the pot. If you don't have 2 of the 3 then the pot carries over, but once you fold you are out completely and cannot re-enter if it carries over. It is a good pot building game with 6 playaz.We also play a game called spit. Everybody gets 4 cards and there is a "spit" card that is flipped up for the community as your 5th card and that card is wild along with deuces. It is basically 5 card draw but you can only draw up to 3 cards. If you open the pot you must win, if not, you match the pot and it carries over to next hand. If you didn't open, but you win, you drag what is in the middle and the matched part is played for the next hand. If nobody opens, everybody antes another $1. It is another fun pot building game.

I'll start - 3 Card Brag.Anyone ever play this? Played last night for the first time. We usually play dealer call mixed games (some standard, some a little wild) like 2-4 blind PLO/8, 2-7 triple with badugi split, 2-7 single draw NL, 2-4 NLHE, H-bomb (another great one if you know it), Dirty Wank (search this site for this explanation), 3 to make 2, Sink the Bismark, crazy pineapple, Chicago, Catwalk, 3 card guts capped always with a 4 card johnny and a few other made up games.But last night we decided that 3 card brag (the version with a 4 card deal and a discard) is the best game we have ever introduced to our home game. Check it out.. It is all about reads and nerve.http://www.pagat.com/vying/brag.html
cool. every time I watch Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels I always tell myself to find out the rules of brag but then I forget by the end.
cool. every time I watch Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels I always tell myself to find out the rules of brag but then I forget by the end.
Me too. The betting was the part that always screwed me up, but I get it after reading the rules. Gonna hve to try it sometime.

baseball-7 card stud with 3 ands 9s wild, a 4 face up will get you an extra card in the hole for one ante.follow the queen- standard 7 card stud but queen of spades in the hole is wild and low spade in the hole splits the pot. on top, if you get a queen whatever card comes next to the player to your left is wild, except for a queen, then it moves the the guy after that. And if the queen of spades comes up it kills the hand and you restart the hand leaving the pot in the middle. the most times we have played for a single pot is 14. these games are fun and lead to big pots.

Flop'em- This is 5 in your hand plus the 5 on the board just like hold em, so you get ten cards to make your best 5.7 card hi-lo with a fitter- basic 7 card hi-lo but at the end a community card is flop up that everyone can use.

Me too. The betting was the part that always screwed me up, but I get it after reading the rules. Gonna hve to try it sometime.
If you introduce 3 card brag into your home game, you will be addicted. We cannot stop playing it anymore. Games like between the sheets, 3 to make 2, follow the queen, and other wild card games have virtually disappeared from our home game. We crave the strategy, big bet and big reward, hand reading games. The games with wild cards are rarely played anymore.With the 3card brag, we usually play it with 4 cards and you play your best three. Another variation is 9 card brag with 4 antes. You take your nine cards and make an A, B and C hand where A has to be better than B which has to be better than C. The fours antes go into an A, B and C pot, then the last into a main pot and the last ante is the same amount as the A, B and C combined. So a $6 ante would 1 into each A, B and C and 3 into the main. You then play normal Brag with the A hand, winner takes the A pot. Same with B and C. If someone wins all three, you scoop the main pot as well. If not, you re-ante into all pots and play again. Game end when someone scoops all three pots, therefore getting the main.

We play all the standard crap. Our home game always gets out of hand when somebody deals a match the pot guts game, generally with a 5-10 buck ante so starting these games with anywhere from a 25-70 buck pot depending on number of players and ante.1. Fours: 4 cards to each player, 4s wild, no straights or flushes. You can draw as many as you want. Conservative players won't go in unless in position with at least aces. Crazy players will play a four only. Also always a dummy hand, as previous poster described. Dummy hand played by those not in hand. If it beats everyone, everyone matches pot.2. Iron cross........two rows, one card on each row exposed. You get 4 cards. Low card in your hand and all like it are wild. You can be in on the ups (two up cards) the downs (three unexposed) or either row with an exposed card. If you are in alone you play a dummy hand that does the opposite of you, i.e. you ups dummy then downs etc. This game now has the nickname "fist" in our game because you go in with a royal flush, you lose to five of a kind, you get a fist, well, you get it.3. Three card low guts, A-2-3 is nut low. You can draw one. Always a dummy hand, dummy hand stays pat with an 8 low or better and draws on anything else. The pots in this game get ree-damn-diculous.4. Sixty Nine. You get three cards, 6s and 9s wild. If you are in, you get two more cards. I hate that I am a grown man and my homegame, after 18 yrs, still plays these ridiculous games.

We sometimes play MACINTOSHFive card stud.One down, four up. Standard dealing and betting sequence with a twist:If your hole card matches any of your up cards, they are both (or more) wild. If you get a pair on the board, you have to pay a set amount or fold. (amount varies by stakes).After all 5 cards have been dealt, there is an optional buy. You can pay to EXCHANGE any one card, either your hole card or an up card. (again...amounts vary on the stakes). No one may have more than 5 cards going into the final round of betting.We enjoy it.

Liars pokerEveryone given one card which they hold on their forehead for all but them to see. You then bet based on the strength of other's cards not knowing what you are holding yourself.There is a high chance of cheating in this game so I would suggest only doing it with a group of people you trust.Fun game though!

Liars pokerEveryone given one card which they hold on their forehead for all but them to see. You then bet based on the strength of other's cards not knowing what you are holding yourself.There is a high chance of cheating in this game so I would suggest only doing it with a group of people you trust.Fun game though!
How is there cheating in this game? Collusion? I guess. People could also be stupid enough to play this with sunglasses on.