River Raise With Second Fullhouse

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.255 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $25.90Hero: $25.35Button: $46SB: $38.15BB: $25Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 8 :D 7 :D UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.75, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.Flop: 9 :D 4 :) 9 :club: ($2.35, 3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: 8 :) ($2.35, 3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.5, Button calls, BB folds.River: 8 :D ($5.35, 2 players)Hero bets $2, Button raises to $12, Hero ????3 hands at the table, river raises are almost always the nuts right?

uf, tough situation. that could easily be the slow played flopped set. a-9 k-9 maybe?your also not getting the pot odds to call. but if you think u have a good read on him, and he would make this play with any ace in his hand b/c of the twopair on the board. then call.what did you end up doing?

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.255 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $25.90Hero: $25.35Button: $46SB: $38.15BB: $25Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 8 :D 7 :D UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.75, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.Flop: 9 :D 4 :) 9 :club: ($2.35, 3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: 8 :) ($2.35, 3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $1.5, Button calls, BB folds.River: 8 :D ($5.35, 2 players)Hero bets $2, Button raises to $12, Hero ????3 hands at the table, river raises are almost always the nuts right?
I can't see a reason for betting on the river. Are you hoping to get a call from A high? Fold to the raise on the river. This is hardly the kind of spot players will pick to bluff you. If they have the slightest hint you're full of it, then they'll just call, not raise. They'll win no extra money by raising if you were on a bluff because they expect you to fold, but they will lose money when they're betting into a better hand if they don't hold a 9.
I can't see a reason for betting on the river. Are you hoping to get a call from A high? Fold to the raise on the river. This is hardly the kind of spot players will pick to bluff you. If they have the slightest hint you're full of it, then they'll just call, not raise. They'll win no extra money by raising if you were on a bluff because they expect you to fold, but they will lose money when they're betting into a better hand if they don't hold a 9.
do you think someone is likely to slowplay trips all the way to the river?
do you think someone is likely to slowplay trips all the way to the river?
The way villain played this hand, I wouldnt be surprised. There werent too many draws out there, and especially at the .25bb level, many villains check there trips and wait till the river to make their move.
what about small pairs that just got counterfeited.. I think they would play it exactly like this.
really? you dont think they would have bet the flop or turn and wait to bet until they got conterfieted? im 95% sure that guy slow played a 9 on you. i would fold in your spot.
really? you dont think they would have bet the flop or turn and wait to bet until they got conterfieted? im 95% sure that guy slow played a 9 on you. i would fold in your spot.
yeah i guess you are right...

I agree with most people in saying that this should be a fold.The flop has no draws on it, so it's likely the Button would slowplay to let someone catch up.I think a pocket pair would of bet the flop when checked to.

what about small pairs that just got counterfeited.. I think they would play it exactly like this.
I'd be really surprised to see a small pair here, I hardly ever see a bluff like that at this level. I've been running into these retarded river situations lately too and a big raise almost always means a big hand. I can see him slowplaying a 9 on this board.

I will be the dissenting donkey and say make the call because:1) At these limits players will raise a bluffer without thinking it through (or with junk/A-high)and2) You might be up against small pockets, including a frustrated 44.On the other hand, a lot of 9's can call a 3x raise preflop--89-A9 (without Q9 and K9o). And it is a large overbet.Yeah, fold :club: