Target At Home Games

While playing at a friend's home game, I was being berated left and right by the entire table for being the only poker player there (that actually understands the game on a higher level compared to the average amateur player). There were 8 people playing, and if any of them were involved with me in a hand, they would just attack me with lines like, "GOT THE POT ODDZ TO CALL HERE?!?!", "READ MY HAND IF YOU CAN!", and at some points were there were multiple people in the pot with me, I literally had at least 2-3 people barking at me?? I guess to try to intimidate me. I guess this is actually a rant post.. but this got annoying and fast, anyone else deal with this? These guys were all in good humor, but after 2 hours of this late night, I became reeeaaall grumpy

Speaking from experience, you probably set yourself up for it at some point. Trying to talk to people who aren't interested in getting better at the game beyond the "watch it on T.V, think it's all bluffing" level just gives them ammo.I used to talk to home game friends and casual players about hands, sessions, theory, etc., and found it only got me messed with. Now I talk to one other person, plus the forums on a couple of sites, for my feedback and analysis.I find it's better if even your friends think you are clueless about the game anyway. It's easier to take their money when their guard is down, and they think I'm pretty lucky some nights.

I hate people like you at home games... everyone is there to have a good time, talk some shit etc not fuc.king over analysing every hand.. stfu stop berating the donkeys and just relax and play.. its not ESPN its most likely not even high stakes so noone gives a shit if you were 68% to win on the turn or whatever. Leave that shit for the strat forum caus noone gives a f.uck i guarantee you.

I hate people like you at home games... everyone is there to have a good time, talk some shit etc not fuc.king over analysing every hand.. stfu stop berating the donkeys and just relax and play.. its not ESPN its most likely not even high stakes so noone gives a shit if you were 68% to win on the turn or whatever. Leave that shit for the strat forum caus noone gives a f.uck i guarantee you.
Here here. The OP sounds like a nit. Most people (including "serious" poker players) just wanna enjoy themeselves in a home game. I can't imagine even the scared DN taking a home game with his family and non-poker pro friends that seriously.

yeah, theres very few people that try and learn the game. at my home game there are like 2 or 3 of us that discuss hands, plays, etcno one else wants to hear that, they just think they are champs already.

If you're not having fun, then I'd suggest leaving.

If you're not having fun, then I'd suggest leaving.
I agree. Or drinking more. Generally home games are used as a fun excuse to drink/smoke/take money from your friends. If no one else takes the game "seriously" just try to relax, have fun and rake in the dough.

Wow, harsh replies from gibbo and alina, jeez you guys have to calm down. In no way do I, or even wrote in the op, that I "talk shit" or "analyze each hand" during the home game? I know the home games are just for fun and to just hang with the buds. I was more annoyed as to the fact that I was being berated at each hand just because I played online. And again, as I stated in the op, it was all in just good humor, so I wasn't going to leave the house stomping mad over a little joke.

• 2 weeks later...