• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And let's goooooooooo!I'm on 3 hours of sleep after staying up to watch Spain and Arg. Can't believe Arg lost, they looked pathetic. Ginobili and Oberto were the only ones that looked okay, they got outplayed all game long, cut a 12 point lead to with 3 mins left to tie the game with 1 min left and still managed to lose. That was the worst I've seen Nocioni look individually and ARG look as a whole.Doug Collins made a good observation that they looked like the US team in Athens, spreading out and all going 1 on 1 trying to draw a foul. Spain looked pretty solid, but not dominant. They're deep though, ARG is veryyyyyy shallow. They should really only play 6-7 deep, but they played 11 different guys because of foul trouble and a lack of a decent rotation.

are they going to re-air the USA - China game today?
Not sure. It was a decent game for the first half and then the US blew them out. I was pretty impressed by China though, not in a way that they could ever beat US, but I think their big reach goal could be a 4th place finish.

Strong performance except for Kobe and Michael Redd. Kobe was awful in the first half. I don't know his actual stats but from what I saw, he made 1 three and missed about 5 and didn't do much else. And Michael Redd didn't look too good. I think I heard that he shot better at the end of the game, but considering the fact that he is only on team USA to make 3's, I wasn't impressed. Lebron, Chris Paul, and Chris Bosh looked amazing.

Strong performance except for Kobe and Michael Redd. Kobe was awful in the first half. I don't know his actual stats but from what I saw, he made 1 three and missed about 5 and didn't do much else. And Michael Redd didn't look too good. I think I heard that he shot better at the end of the game, but considering the fact that he is only on team USA to make 3's, I wasn't impressed. Lebron, Chris Paul, and Chris Bosh looked amazing.
i didnt see it, but, fuck you man. kobe was awesome!awesome!
So did you watch the game or not? Redd was the only one shooting decent from outside, mostly in the second half but he didn't exactly put in major minutes in the game so most of it was in the second half.

I;m not gonna lie I didn't wake up for the game v Angola. Was it as competitive as the score indicates? Judging from the box score, looks like we still can't hit a shot from outside and struggled from the line too.

I;m not gonna lie I didn't wake up for the game v Angola. Was it as competitive as the score indicates? Judging from the box score, looks like we still can't hit a shot from outside and struggled from the line too.
I didn't wake up either but I DVR all of the Olympics and the first one today started at 10 am and the game was on at 8. Was it on TV and I just missed it?I don't think it was as close as the score indicates. I was listening to Skip Bayless (who I hate) and he said that Kobe went 0 for 8. When one of the stars goes 0-8 it seems like that why they were always in the game, but really USA was too good to let one player make it a close game.
I didn't wake up either but I DVR all of the Olympics and the first one today started at 10 am and the game was on at 8. Was it on TV and I just missed it?I don't think it was as close as the score indicates. I was listening to Skip Bayless (who I hate) and he said that Kobe went 0 for 8. When one of the stars goes 0-8 it seems like that why they were always in the game, but really USA was too good to let one player make it a close game.
The replay is on right now. I was just watching Kobe shoot and he looks like he can't find the range on the closer 3 point line. Why not just step back out to the area he is more comfortable.
Greece... payback is a bitch.
If this team loses a game, I'll be shocked. D Wade was sick. Lebron was Lebron and Kobe was Kobe.The only thing that worries me is Dwight Howards play and three point shooting.But if they continue to play defense like they did today, I dont see a loss.
I'm less worried about Howard than you because Crish Bosh is an international beast.
Yeah, he was great. But if he gets in trouble against Spain, we could be hurt. Howard just doesnt look good right now. And Boozer looked awful at the end.

I watched the Greece game live and have a few thoughts.The US overall looked really good and certainly are much more prepared this year.Wade and Bosh were especially good.The refs did the US a huge favour by calling those 3 quick fouls on Kidd since the more he's on the floor taking minutes from better players the worse it is for the US.Eventhough the game wasn't close it could have been much more interesting if Greece had of been hitting their open 3 point shots. They missed a lot of wide open looks and if another team is hitting those shots against the US things could be fun.

I watched the Greece game live and have a few thoughts.The US overall looked really good and certainly are much more prepared this year.Wade and Bosh were especially good.The refs did the US a huge favour by calling those 3 quick fouls on Kidd since the more he's on the floor taking minutes from better players the worse it is for the US.Eventhough the game wasn't close it could have been much more interesting if Greece had of been hitting their open 3 point shots. They missed a lot of wide open looks and if another team is hitting those shots against the US things could be fun.
I am looking forward to a Spain vs USA match...Spain for FTW
What the hell!!! That's bullshit. Is there a replay coming today?
Im not sure. I tried to find replays of the first two games and could not. Their showing coverage on 3 or 4 channels and it doesnt say what is airing when. So its a crapshoot. Only reason I knew too look elswhere is I saw some stuff on like CNBC and shit earlier.Edit: There was a sick play by DWade and Kobe. DWade tips a pass and as he's falling out of bounds, throws an alley to Kobe who thunders it home. It was sick.