• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaq, Hakeem, D-Rob, Malone >>>>> Dwight Howard, Amare, TysonThey would close down the lane quite a bit on our guards too. I think USA is playing great right now but cmon, this is very weak competition. Even tonight won't be great, Brazil doesn't play very well together even though they have solid individual talent. We will probably win this game by 25-30.I'm interested in playing Spain and Arg when they are at full strength, basically I think they can play with us always. And I want to see how this team responds in a game where they don't lead by more than 10 at any point, that's when it counts.

Shaq, Hakeem, D-Rob, Malone >>>>> Dwight Howard, Amare, TysonThey would close down the lane quite a bit on our guards too. I think USA is playing great right now but cmon, this is very weak competition. Even tonight won't be great, Brazil doesn't play very well together even though they have solid individual talent. We will probably win this game by 25-30.I'm interested in playing Spain and Arg when they are at full strength, basically I think they can play with us always. And I want to see how this team responds in a game where they don't lead by more than 10 at any point, that's when it counts.
I know who was on that team and obviously Shaq and Olajuwon are better than our centers, but it's really easy to take the big man out of the game in international basketball. Also, the team this year has already played better competition than the '96 team did, so that is a non-factor.
I know who was on that team and obviously Shaq and Olajuwon are better than our centers, but it's really easy to take the big man out of the game in international basketball. Also, the team this year has already played better competition than the '96 team did, so that is a non-factor.
You sure? Because when I look at the 1996 team, your earlier statement looks ridiculous. There's more on that team than big guys. IMO, it's the second best team ever assembled.It is easier to take bigs out of the game unless you have mobile big men that can hit an outside shot like the 1996 team. How are you going to zone out any combination of Olajuwon, Robinson, Malone, and Barkley? You can't. Those same rules work to their advantage on defense where Olajuwon and Robinson (both defensive players of the year) are free to camp in the lane.Not to dump on this years team. I like what I see out there. I probably wouldnt make any changes between now and Beijing. (Possibly adding Durant or Oden to replace Chandler, but that would depend on how the season goes) But let's not get carried away. The 1996 team is way better than this years team. I dont think its even close.
(Possibly adding Durant or Oden to replace Chandler, but that would depend on how the season goes)
Boozer/Bosh/Brand for ChandlerDWade for Prince.Joe Johnson for Mike Miller
You sure? Because when I look at the 1996 team, your earlier statement looks ridiculous. There's more on that team than big guys. IMO, it's the second best team ever assembled.It is easier to take bigs out of the game unless you have mobile big men that can hit an outside shot like the 1996 team. How are you going to zone out any combination of Olajuwon, Robinson, Malone, and Barkley? You can't. Those same rules work to their advantage on defense where Olajuwon and Robinson (both defensive players of the year) are free to camp in the lane.Not to dump on this years team. I like what I see out there. I probably wouldnt make any changes between now and Beijing. (Possibly adding Durant or Oden to replace Chandler, but that would depend on how the season goes) But let's not get carried away. The 1996 team is way better than this years team. I dont think its even close.
Of course there's more on that team than big guys, it was the 2nd Dream Team. I'm saying the 96 team's advantage is inside and it can be negated. They wouldn't be able to play two 7-footers at the same time, they wouldn't be able to match up. We'll never know, but I would take this team.
Boozer/Bosh/Brand for ChandlerDWade for Prince.Joe Johnson for Mike Miller
I would keep both Prince and Miller. Miller 3-point shot is needed as a zone buster. I like Prince's overall versatility which IMO is perfect for international ball.Chandler seems to be the weak link, but we need depth at the center position. Howard a center, but Amare really isnt. I think Oden could probably do at least the same job as Chandler. I would also consider Bosh for that role. Brand wont play because of injury.
I would keep both Prince and Miller. Miller 3-point shot is needed as a zone buster. I like Prince's overall versatility which IMO is perfect for international ball.Chandler seems to be the weak link, but we need depth at the center position. Howard a center, but Amare really isnt. I think Oden could probably do at least the same job as Chandler. I would also consider Bosh for that role. Brand wont play because of injury.
IMO all the positives of Tayshaun are already there with LeBron and Kobe, tall, long, athletic. Only his offensive game is way behind theirs. I don't really see room for him. We'll see in a yr though. I think it'll be Boozer over the others for Chandler's position. Joe Johnson shoots better than Mike Miller IMO, maybe not though, Miller does have a bit more size which is nice, while Johnson is more athletic.
IMO all the positives of Tayshaun are already there with LeBron and Kobe, tall, long, athletic. Only his offensive game is way behind theirs. I don't really see room for him. We'll see in a yr though. I think it'll be Boozer over the others for Chandler's position. Joe Johnson shoots better than Mike Miller IMO, maybe not though, Miller does have a bit more size which is nice, while Johnson is more athletic.
I agree with the Boozer selection, although he's terrible defensively so that may hurt him. Mike Miller is just as athletic as Joe Johnson, if not more.
Mike Miller is just as athletic as Joe Johnson, if not more.
But Joe Johnson's black, how could this possibly be true? ;)Honestly though Johnson is a better player than Miller, Miller is a career underachiever in the NBA, very streaky, not on winning teams. Joe Johnson also on a crappy team now but is undoubtedly the leader and consistent. I just like him I guess.
But Joe Johnson's black, how could this possibly be true? ;)Honestly though Johnson is a better player than Miller, Miller is a career underachiever in the NBA, very streaky, not on winning teams. Joe Johnson also on a crappy team now but is undoubtedly the leader and consistent. I just like him I guess.
I like Johnson too but he is a bit undersized - Miller has an easier time shooting over people (zone defenses with tall players in the corners).

I don't see how Chandler makes this team with Bosh or Boozer available (Bosh is hurt right now though correct?).Prince is a good team player, he doesn't need a lot of shots and contributes with boards and great defense from a position you don't normally get those things from. I'd like to see Wade on the team, but he might want time off during his off seasons right now since the injury bug hit him.If there was a guy I would remove from the team it would be Melo, I swear the guy is just being an egomaniac and trying to prove he is better than LeBron and Wade.

If there was a guy I would remove from the team it would be Melo, I swear the guy is just being an egomaniac and trying to prove he is better than LeBron and Wade.
I hate Melo and think he's overrated.He's the best 4 man in international competition AINEC. He can keep doing whatever he's doing now if everyone on the team is fine with it. I can't stand Walton talking about how great he is all the time and how little respect he gives ARG and Spain.
Im wondering if DWade does play next summer, is he going to be alright with coming off the bench? I dont see Coach K changing this starting line-up unless he has to.
It's team USA, I don't think he would have a problem with it.
Really? I dont remember that. How with no Kobe was he not a starter? Well then disregard my question.
Chris Paul, Melo, Lebron, ?, Dwight Howard. It wasn't Dwade though, I think it was Bosh or some other true 4 and Melo and Lebron were playing the 2 and 3.

I like Wade off the bench, without Melo or Kobe out there our offense is kind of stagnant and I think Wade could help there. Even when Bron is out there to try and be our creater he has trouble, a lot of it has to do with his size hurting him in the international game. They just let defenders shove you to stay in front of you and he is so big that there is a lot of him to shove, DWade should be able to slip in between and through defenders easily.