question for dn or others about bankroll.

i turned 200 into 6 g's in 24 days, all but 1100 of it from strictly limit....and counting about $430 lost in2 sunday tournies on pokerstars .Took a lot of hours, and very juicy 5-10 games. It's not that big of a stretch to imagine somone could do the same on party. A buddy of mine who wasnt very good, but was very aggresive, took a 500 deposit and made over 10 g's in a month playin 15-30 on party. He cashed out a bunch and lost the rest, but he has a plasma tv to show for it. My point is, if you play a very aggresive, high variance game, sometimes you'll get a monster month. It's just the law of averages. Doesnt mean id recommend it or anything, but dont call the guy a liar because you (the rethorical you) have never gone on a run like that

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of us have some really good runs at a time or 2. We all want to play at the highest limits possible at some point, well except for the real grinders/mature players. I can admit that my poker days have seen the sunset hopefully of those, but I have had my runs of which probably 3 stand out and the recent being the biggest of 400 to 3.2k in 1 week on Interpoker playing Omaha High. and i only wanted to learn a new game and earn my 90 dollar bonus. My big score was two hands that i would never again play in that way on the I think 2/4 pound tables that tripled my by in of about 300-400 on that table and made me about 1k in less than 20 minutes. now that was variance! BUT>>>>>>>>>>2 things stand out, first I will 'flame' the OP, just so that no one gets confused. He originally stated in the first sentence that he turned 50 into 7k in month. this is getting picky but then he goes back and retracts saying it might have been longer than 1 month then only a few posts ago notes that he deposited more money but w/d it in about 8 hours just to get the bonus.First of all, i believe you that you probably made 7k in around 1-2 does not matter to me, i am just bored watching the months. but you did not turn it from 50 dollars. but in the end it really USPC AGAIN!but to quote the greatest comedy ever ...... I will believe you turned ONLY 50 dollars (+10 dollar bonus) into 7k in 4 weeks ' when my shit turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbert" SUPERTROOPERS

this is getting picky but then he goes back and retracts saying it might have been longer than 1 month then only a few posts ago notes that he deposited more money but w/d it in about 8 hours just to get the bonus.
Um, how's this.... im down alot of money and really depressed? That make you feel better? If it does, seek help because if someone elses good fortune annoys/upsets you then that's not a good sign.So because I can't remember the exact time of the month I started back.. this means that I must be lying. Oh and since I commented that in order to get a bonus you have to make a deposit I got caught in another lie.. even though in my original story of how i built my roll i stated that i started back because of a reload bonus and i assumed most people knew that to get that you have to make a deposit and then withdraw. :club:
  • 9 months later...

***UPDATE***Heh, I was checking for some of my old posts a few minutes ago and came across this one. This thread tickles me to read now because I was such a noob back then and I can see how it warranted such responses. Everything I typed was entirely true however, but I just ran incredibly lucky. Lucky in the sense that I didn't have a true losing streak that entire time.Maybe a month after making that post I experienced true variance and was met with this thing called "tilt". I didn't handle it that well, I ended up losing 7 buyins at 100 nl and went to 600 nl trying to make it back. I got lucky and did so. This was pretty scary at the time, I felt like I coulda easily gone broke... which i could have.To this day I feel lucky that I didn't go broke and was able to learn how to handle variance, track data, table selection, poker ace, and everything else needed to become better. It's now about 9 months later and i've played over 300,000 hands and have grown so much as a player. I've had 60k hand break even stretches. I simply drop in stakes and play less tables instead of playing 600 nl. I've gone through stretches where I just played horrible. Pretty much everything you can expect to happen in 300k hands did. Just thought i'd post here though since I clearly remember what was going through my head at the time of posting it, and now I can see what readers were thinking when reading it.I had a pretty shitty 4 month stretch that I recently got over which slowed down the progression of my bankroll but i've played 400/600/1k nl at one point or another but dropped in stakes accordingly (bad games, tilt, poor play, etc). Currently I just play 8-10 tables of SNGs.