Quad 5's Vs J High Did I Really See That?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just caught the replay on ESPN2.I've concluded this has to be a made for tv hand.There was a commercial break and when they comeback to go right to this hand. We dont see pre-flop or flop action, but when they break to this hand there is 9800 in the pot.Q5d vs J7dboard 5h 5c 8c 5sJ7d asks for chip count, Q5d has 13100, J7d bets 6500 Q5d callsriver 4dQ5d goes all-in for 6600 and puts his hands over his face J7d shakes his head, moans glances over at Q5d who has his hands completely over his face. J7d gives the speech "well I have to call" and calls. shakes his head at result, table mates ask what he had and he says "it doesnt matter when you are against quads".

THANKS ASSHOLES I HAVENT WATCHED IT YET AND IM GOING TO WATCH THE RERUN TONIGHT!I HOPE YOU ALL FOUND OUT ALL THE HARRY POTTER SPOILERS BEFORE U READ THE BOOK!
sw?you really read harry potter books?

I am NOT saying it's untrue. If as reported it was true, it's effing hilarious. But, there's always the chance the cards were mis-read and mis-reported. He could have had a boat there.Before you go off and say no way, on the Ultimate Poker Challenge, now extinct, I was at the televised final table with Scott Fischman and Blake Buffington. On the very first deal, Blake had A-A in the SB and limped on my BB, which I had 8h-9s. Flop came A-x-x with two hearts. Check-check. Turn 9h. He bet the minimum, I called. River brick, he bet close to the min and I called again. He tabled his hand and you can tell by my reaction that I was very surprised to see his trip aces and we all laughed because the night before, there was 3 pocket Aces back to back to back, so we seemed to be picking up where we left off.On the actual telecast, they reported his hand As-Qs, and my hand as 8c-9s.This obviously screwed up the percentage royally. I had no re-draw to the flush according to this, and could have hit an 8 or a 9 to win, which I think Chad Brown even commented on. I thought I might be goin crazy and remembered the hand wrong, so when I ran into Blake at the WSOP, he confirmed they goofed.So lesson is, tv tech people can goof and either mis-read the hole cards or just mis-report them entirely when it goes to broadcast.Not saying that happened here, but it's possible.

that was terrible, I have to call. wtf Im trying to figure out what was worse, that J high call or when the one guy folded a set of 10s in that circuit event with like ivey and lisandro. i think his name was tommy something but both plays are just terrible regardless
lol i remember that. i loved ivey's reaction after the hand is over and the guy tells him "oh man i screwed up, i folded a set of tens" and Ivey's like "get outta here, you didnt fold three tens." hehe still makes me laugh
lol i remember that. i loved ivey's reaction after the hand is over and the guy tells him "oh man i screwed up, i folded a set of tens" and Ivey's like "get outta here, you didnt fold three tens." hehe still makes me laugh
Anyone got a link to this? youtube or similar?
THANKS ASSHOLES I HAVENT WATCHED IT YET AND IM GOING TO WATCH THE RERUN TONIGHT!I HOPE YOU ALL FOUND OUT ALL THE HARRY POTTER SPOILERS BEFORE U READ THE BOOK!
Lighten up Francis. Welcome to the Internet.

Am I the only one who sees this kind of thing regularly with novices/drunks/tards? Whether or not that is how it happened in this instance, I've seen this happen in pretty decent stakes games--up to 5/10 NL-- and at a lot of cheap B&M tourneys.It's like they think they have to call simply because they're in the hand.