Quad 5's Vs J High Did I Really See That?

Spoiler from tonight's ESPN BroadcastDude in the main event called the all in from a guy who had quad 5's with J highI don't care what pot odds he was getting after the guy called 6500 on the turn - wow - maybe the worst call i've ever seen on tv or anywhere

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure he had J high? Was that on a TV table? That is impossible and I think it was a made up hand for TV ala that report from a few years ago. Someone find that for me. No way that's possible, seriously.

You sure he had J high? Was that on a TV table? That is impossible and I think it was a made up hand for TV ala that report from a few years ago. Someone find that for me. No way that's possible, seriously.
Not only did he call with J high, he gave the olde "I have to call" speech beforehand...

that was terrible, I have to call. wtf Im trying to figure out what was worse, that J high call or when the one guy folded a set of 10s in that circuit event with like ivey and lisandro. i think his name was tommy something but both plays are just terrible regardless

This was one of the most obscure things I have ever seen regarding poker. Not to mention this is a worldwide stage with a 5 digit buy-in.After I calmed down from disbelief the only conclusion I could make, was that it was an image move being at the featured table. It was still day 1 of the event and he didnt want his tablemates to see that he was capable of making a move with an air-ball on the turn. But my goodness all of that is irrelevant. with the blinds still at 50-100, he spewed off 6600 chips on the river with J-7 of diamonds on an 85554 board. 66 bigblinds for image purposes, um no!There needs to be a panel, there needs to be a license office, there needs to be a system set up to revoke your right to ever play on a global stage.

After the hand everyone was asking what he had and what not and his response was along the lines of, "It doesn't matter, obviously." HAHAHAHAHAHA!! The only thing that would've made it better if he would've called and insta-showed his cards.

I didn't see it, but I bet it was one of those "I want to make a hero call on television, so everyone can see the sick calls I make." Either that or he was just a dumbass.I look forward to watching it later.

I didn't see it, but I bet it was one of those "I want to make a hero call on television, so everyone can see the sick calls I make." Either that or he was just a dumbass.I look forward to watching it later.
clearly he is a dumbass, he didnt even think about it, you could tell that he was a clueless player

THANKS ASSHOLES I HAVENT WATCHED IT YET AND IM GOING TO WATCH THE RERUN TONIGHT!I HOPE YOU ALL FOUND OUT ALL THE HARRY POTTER SPOILERS BEFORE U READ THE BOOK!

THANKS ASSHOLES I HAVENT WATCHED IT YET AND IM GOING TO WATCH THE RERUN TONIGHT!I HOPE YOU ALL FOUND OUT ALL THE HARRY POTTER SPOILERS BEFORE U READ THE BOOK!
pssst some guy named Wang wins it
Nah, Harry Potter is for children and pedophiles.

That's the guy that pulled a super slow roll on Norman Chad at the Rio in a 50/100 PLO game then left. Norman was super pissed cause he had top FH and got one outted AFTER all the chips went in the middle. slow roll + hit and run = donkified on national tvthey obv changed the hole cards on this dude. Guess Norm got even.

Yes it was 6600. He asked for a chip count of quads stack on the turn, quads had 13100, Jack overbets huge to 6500, quads callriver quads goes all in for remaining 6600, J7d ponders like like is brutal, gives a speech calls 6600 with J7dBoard was 855 rainbow 5 on turn 4 on river, no flush possibleI would give a more detailed accurate description, but it was so bad i forgot to record it. gotta wait for replay.

Yes it was 6600. He asked for a chip count of quads stack on the turn, quads had 13100, Jack overbets huge to 6500, quads callriver quads goes all in for remaining 6600, J7d ponders like like is brutal, gives a speech calls 6600 with J7dBoard was 855 rainbow 5 on turn 4 on river, no flush possibleI would give a more detailed accurate description, but it was so bad i forgot to record it. gotta wait for replay.
Thx for the info.This guy is obviously insane. I'm playing a Canadian Poker Tour event next week. I may have to use that move :club: