Hole Cards Placement Rule I Like To Enforce...

Dumbest.rule.everbut if you must.........Just explain this means that everyone can have TWO card protectors. Then it'll be a voluntary instead of a mandatory rule.

Dumbest.rule.ever
actually it's not IMO. I was in Winnipeg's cardroom and when the BB came to me I got up for a break and just waited until the BB came around again. But when I sat in they STILL made me post the SB and BB that I missed. I'm like WTF!?! That can't be right!! Apparently if I miss 2 orbits I'd have to post 2 dead BB AND 2 dead SB on top of any blinds I start at. now THAT'S the dumbest rule EVER.this is just amusingly silly. Nick's trying to run a good game but with the wrong approach. heart's in the right place. that's all.
actually it's not IMO. I was in Winnipeg's cardroom and when the BB came to me I got up for a break and just waited until the BB came around again. But when I sat in they STILL made me post the SB and BB that I missed. I'm like WTF!?! That can't be right!! Apparently if I miss 2 orbits I'd have to post 2 dead BB AND 2 dead SB on top of any blinds I start at. now THAT'S the dumbest rule EVER.this is just amusingly silly. Nick's trying to run a good game but with the wrong approach. heart's in the right place. that's all.
Thank you fleung. It really was a one time thing that I thought I should bring attention to a public forum and see what the local colour had to say. Figures in Gen, you always have to wear a firesuit when you make a topic.
WHAT?!?!I stand corrected. What if you miss 3 rounds? 5rounds?You crazy canuks.
WHAT?!?!I stand corrected. What if you miss 3 rounds? 5rounds?You crazy canuks.
you can only guess and you'd be agonizingly right.I actually just got up a little while later...I had a $1000 on the Steelers so I could barely care about the 3/6 LHE game anyways. This is definitely NOT a common thing. ..I've never heard of this anywhere else. Just a Winnipeg thing.

I wouldn't press this as a rule but maybe politely show the table a couple way your cards should be capped and why. After awhile they will all cap their cards the same way(after some gentle prodding and observing others doing it). Don't try to be too forceful on it or they will just ignore you like children.On a side note I'm from Canada (Alberta) and never come across that rule of paying more than 1 round of blinds.

The rule is dumb but I understand you wanting to speed things up, but poker is also supposed to be fun
Poker is fun, for everyone.
Thank you fleung. It really was a one time thing that I thought I should bring attention to a public forum and see what the local colour had to say. Figures in Gen, you always have to wear a firesuit when you make a topic.
Yea, it kinda sucks that you can't have a simple discussion without a flame retardent retarded suit. But, that's kinda the charm of this place sometimes too.Either way, I think it is a good idea to show the players a few different ways to make sure that their cards are visible and protected. Just let them know you're not trying to be a nazi, you're trying to protect the game and keep the action moving, which is good for everyone.
I wouldn't press this as a rule but maybe politely show the table a couple way your cards should be capped and why. After awhile they will all cap their cards the same way(after some gentle prodding and observing others doing it). Don't try to be too forceful on it or they will just ignore you like children.
QFT

I dont like the rule.If you want to speed up the game...try this:Use 2 decks------after the first deck is used, the first dealer picks up the used cards and starts shuffling. While the first dealer is shuffling, the next dealer grabs the second deck and starts dealing. when the first dealer is done shuffling.....he puts the cards next to the next dealer(3rd dealer), who then deals the 3rd hand when the second dealer finishes dealing.I bet this saved my home game 1.5 minutes per hand. PS....lol make sure the decks are different colours(Colors for you yanks).