Hole Cards Placement Rule I Like To Enforce...

There is one rule in my home games, (when people are involved I dont know and it becomes less "friendly laid back"... To speed up the action, and to nullify the ability to CONCEAL cards, (you know how sometimes you don't know who's in the hand) I like to have people have their hole cards WPT cam style. [_][_] like that, side to side.Well last home game I played, one player was being a jerk in general, dumping chips... and I had to keep asking politely (please, for the reasons above, would you just keep your cards like this?) I wasn't being a complete nazi about it, but when you keep defying it over and over...Like is it really that big of a deal guys? Or am I crazy? It's not like I have some WPT setup and "Tank" in some booth above feeding me the card values.It really does speed up the action, and you know instantly who's in the pot at a quick glance, even if they have their hands in front of them.Opinions?

just, I've noticed, when doing it [_][_] during a street betting session, when you have like 3-4 players in the pot, it just, there is no confusion and it just speeds things up. It's not a HUGE deal, just.. yeh, something I've been doing as of late in full games (like 10 people)

Well, it's just, you must understand its not ONE dealer, it gets rotated, and some dealers aren't the best at keeping track of stuff like that because they are just people who are brought by other people.I obviously don't do it in a FRIENDLY game where everyone knows one another.I really didn't think it was that big of a deal.But, this is why I like the community... pointing out something that is just, a bad idea? :club: Really, try it though, you a lot more hands in a session, (assuming you're doing a dealer rotation where people aren't exactly... masters of position).

Just make sure they're kept in front of the players and in front of their chips. If the players are anything over 13 yrs old, the rest will sort itself out.

That rule seems stupid to me...but...if its your home game then its your rules, so if you think that it helps the game then the rule should be enforced and followed by the players...

As long as the cards aren't behind any chips or anything, people will be able to see them. What difference does it make if they're next to each other or on top of each other? Also, I don't think the WPT uses the cameras you're thinking of.

you're insane. i have 1 card on top of the other, and thats how i like it. No buts about it
That's a pretty idiotic rule, I always have one on top of the other and never have any problems.
This is one of the dumbest rules I've ever heard, especially in a home game.
Just make sure they're kept in front of the players and in front of their chips. If the players are anything over 13 yrs old, the rest will sort itself out.
Yeah I would say ditch that rule fo sho.
As long as the cards aren't behind any chips or anything, people will be able to see them. What difference does it make if they're next to each other or on top of each other? Also, I don't think the WPT uses the cameras you're thinking of.
Bad rule. End of discussion

my biggest pet peeve with home games is the folks that pick up there cards and hold them close to their face, kinda hidden....causes a lot of problems of betting out of turn, mucking, shoving pots to "winner", etc....keep em on the table in front of your chips with a chip on top....J

my biggest pet peeve with home games is the folks that pick up there cards and hold them close to their face, kinda hidden....
Its obvious that you are playing with professionals...let them do what they want... :club:
Well, it's just, you must understand its not ONE dealer, it gets rotated, and some dealers aren't the best at keeping track of stuff like that because they are just people who are brought by other people.
Ok I'm going to assume 2 things.1) These are relatively low buy-in games ($1-10)2) You're under 20If these two assumptions are correct, I have had a similar situation. I used to run home games where my friends would call up their friends (people I didn't know all too well) who would invite people I didn't know at all. We'd usually get at least 9 and anywhere up to 24 (3 table homegames in ur parents' basement FTW).And it's so f-in ridiculous how many people act out of turn (at least once every hand)or how many times the dealer deals (flop, turn or river) before someone's even acted. Unfortunately, all you can really do is notify the dealer before he's about to deal the next card(s). I don't see how putting your cards like that can help. Then again, I also don't see how it's hard to follow the action and deal out some cards once per orbit, but that's just me.I obv don't care about people acting out of turn (such as folding) bc it gives me more info. There's two guys who regularly fold out of turn and you know they have something when they look and don't immediately muck before it's their turn. lolololol tellsaments.I pwn at dealing. Sadly I have to deal for 2 of my immediate 7 poker buddies b/c they suck so bad or can't shuffle.
Dude, it's a home game. Lighten up on the card placement rules...What's next? You going to try and sign Norman Chad to do color commentary?
I hear he's pretty cheap now b/c he's bustoooooo after divorcing his 13,589th wife.
Well last home game I played, one player was being a jerk in general, dumping chips... and I had to keep asking politely (please, for the reasons above, would you just keep your cards like this?) I wasn't being a complete nazi about it, but when you keep defying it over and over...
I think most people would be a jerk if you couldnt realise that they were in the hand because they had one card ontop of the other instead of [_] [_]

I'm not gonna call the OP any names but as a guy who's run a lot of games I honestly don't see how this speeds up action. It appears to me that you're wasting a lot of time policing it if you need to make a thread about it.Just stick with normal rules of poker. Cards should be in full view and never lifted off the table. Or if nothing else ask people to put a card protector of some sort (re: like a chip on their cards). I usually don't really care about lifting off the table unless I suspect foul play but it's rarely happened where I've had to speak up.If people just pay some freakin attention how could you not know who's in the hand? Maybe the bigger problem is splashing of the pot. If there's money in front of somebody's cards they're in. I find that causes more confusion than the positioning of the hole cards.

Ok I'm going to assume 2 things.1) These are relatively low buy-in games ($1-10)2) You're under 20
1) No.2) 21.But yes, there are some fish
And it's so f-in ridiculous how many people act out of turn (at least once every hand)or how many times the dealer deals (flop, turn or river) before someone's even acted. Unfortunately, all you can really do is notify the dealer before he's about to deal the next card(s). I don't see how putting your cards like that can help. Then again, I also don't see how it's hard to follow the action and deal out some cards once per orbit, but that's just me.
This was my biggest concern.