Cheap Thieves 2007 Edition

Cheap Thieves:QB: Marc Bulger, Stl.RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac.RB: Brandon Jacobs, NYG.WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Ari.WR: Drew Bennet, Stl.W/T: Dwaye Bowe, KC.TE: Antonio Gates, SD.K: Jeff Wilkins, Stl.DEF: DALLASBENCH: TE L.J. Smith, Phi.BENCH: WR Tab Perry, Cin.BENCH: WR Amani Toomer, NYG.BENCH: WR Wes Welker. NE.BENCH: DEF INDIANAPOLOS It's a 14 team league.E-DOG:QB: Matt Leinart, Ari.RB:Laurence Maroney, NE.RB: Marion Barber, Dal.WR: T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Cin.WR: Randy Moss, NE.W/T: Santonio Holmes, Pit.TE: Vernon Davis, SF.K: Neil Rackers, Ari.DEF: PITTSBURGHBENCH: WR Marty Booker, Mia.BENCH: WR Wes Welker, NE.BENCH: WR Jacoby Jones, Hou.BENCH: RB Deangelo Williams, Car.BENCH: RB Tatum Bell, Det.WEEK 1 opponent:T.P. A.QB: Tom Brady, NE.RB: Frank Gore, SF.RB: Brandon Jackson, GB.WR: Tory Holt, Stl.WR: Donte Stallworth, NE.W/T: Isaac Bruce, Stl.TE: Ben Watson, NE.K: Jason Elam, Den.DEF: PHILADEPHIABENCH: QB Tony Romo, Dal.BENCH: QB Jake Delhomme, Car.BENCH: QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit.BENCH: WR Dwayne Jarret, Car.BENCH: WR Ronald Curry, Oak.2toughQB: Steve McNair, Bal.RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, SD.RB: Deuce McAllister, NO.WR: Greg Jennings, GB.WR: Brandon Jones, Ten.W/T: Anthony Gonzalez, Ind.TE: Todd Heap, Bal.K: Nate Keading, SD.DEF: San DIEGOBENCH: WR Derek Mason, Bal.BENCH: QB Jay Cutler, Den.BENCH: RB Fred Taylor, Jac.BENCH: Brandon Marshall, Den.BENCH: Kevin Walter, Hou.

QB: Marc Bulger, Atl.RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac.RB: Brandon Jacobs, NYG.WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Ari.WR: Drew Bennet, Stl.W/T: L.J Smith, Phi.TE: Antonio Gates, SD.K: Jeff Wilkins, Stl.DEF: DALLASBENCH: WR Dwayne Bowe, KCBENCH: WR Tab Perry, Cin.BENCH: WR Reggie Williams, Jac.BENCH: WR Antwaan Randel El, Was.BENCH: DEF BUFFALO It's a 14 team league.
You will need to upgrade your receiving core. Drew Bennett will be the 3rd or 4th option in St louis behind holt, bruce and possibly mcmichaelBrandon jacobs does not catch any balls and i believe u get .5 per receptions. Jones drew will still share time with taylor. Whats available on the free agent market?
QB: Marc Bulger, Atl.RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac.RB: Brandon Jacobs, NYG.WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Ari.WR: Drew Bennet, Stl.W/T: L.J Smith, Phi.TE: Antonio Gates, SD.K: Jeff Wilkins, Stl.DEF: DALLASBENCH: WR Dwayne Bowe, KCBENCH: WR Tab Perry, Cin.BENCH: WR Reggie Williams, Jac.BENCH: WR Antwaan Randel El, Was.BENCH: DEF BUFFALO It's a 14 team league.
Dang I must be behind in my fantasy football studying. When did M. Bulger go to the Falcons?sw

You got a decent team.As you said Daniel you need help at WR. I don't understand why you would draft Antwaan Randel El to be honest. He's not a good fantasy player and you most likely could of got him in free agency I would think. Also, Drew Bennet might be able to get you some touchdowns. He's not going to have a lot of yards or receptions but he could be a big target in the redzone for Marc Bulger because of his height.You should be getting a lot of touchdowns with your running backs. I'm not sure if Brandon Jacobs is going to be that great though and I would of got another RB if I were you. What # pick did you have?I think your team will produce a lot of touchdowns. Drew Bennet and Gates are going to be scoring a lot of red zone touchdowns. Maurice Jones-Drew scored like 14 touchdowns last year I believe and he wasn't even getting that many carries. This year he should get an increased load and could end up hitting 20 touchdowns. Jacobs is a big back that will score inside the 10 99 times out of 100. As an Eagle fan I like your LJ Smith pick :)You're not going to be getting a lot of points with the Bills defense. Takeo Spikes has left and so has Nate Clements. Those two were their biggest players on the defensive line. There has to be a better defense out there. I don't like the offenses that the Bills have to face this season either. If I were you I would look to make sure there isn't a better D in the waiver wire.Your team shouldn't be too bad. Marc Bulger will always be consistant and give you points. You pretty much have the NFC version of Peyton Manning.

That many teams, you are bound to have a weak postion.I don't like the concentration with 3 of your starters on St. Louis. Trade time.

We don't do a boring draft, we do an auction with a 100 cap to fill out your entire roster. LT went for 49! I got Bulger for 15, Gates for 17, and Fitzgerald for 18. My team is the best in the league based on projections and we have a spot that is W/TE so L.J. "Contract Year" Smith will likely get a lot of starts at that position. Plus, when Gates is on a bye week, I've already got a solid TE start. Bulger is a the nuts and Fitzgerald is primed for a big year. Add Gates, the best tight end and that's my core obviously. My starting defense is DALLAS not Buffalo, I just picked up Buffalo at the end, I won't be keeping them. The way fantasy football works with your weaker spots is based on weekly matchups. I only have one legit starting WR, but am confident that I can plug in some good mach ups to fill out the other spots. LJ Smith is actually going to be my #2, and Bennet, when the Rams play a soft passing D will be excellent for me with the Bulger-Bennet combo. Bennet will get loads of touches with I. Bruce aging quickly. Besides, that offensive is stacked anyway. I also picked up two rookie WR's that could end up helping out a lot for me. Bowe in KC , and Tad Perry who will be the #3 in Cincy. Not stars, but I've already got plenty of those. Drew and Jacobs are TD machines and that's what this league is truly all about.

Lol at ur first opponent having 3 QBs on the bench !!, that should be an easy win in week 1
The rest of his team doesn't look that bad and those QBs could be excellent trade bait for him to upgrade at at some positions.
We don't do a boring draft, we do an auction with a 100 cap to fill out your entire roster. LT went for 49! I got Bulger for 15, Gates for 17, and Fitzgerald for 18.
can you post the full roster for the guy who bought LT for 49? Just curious to do some research on this for myself. Interesting league w/ the auction. Could you post up the details of that as well. Might go with this type of deal with some of my friends next year who like a bit more of a challenge. Best I can get so far is using Yahoo. granted most of them dont want to really get into this hardcore but a few would really enjoy it and we could do a 2nd more intense series next year.
We don't do a boring draft, we do an auction with a 100 cap to fill out your entire roster. LT went for 49! I got Bulger for 15, Gates for 17, and Fitzgerald for 18. My team is the best in the league based on projections and we have a spot that is W/TE so L.J. "Contract Year" Smith will likely get a lot of starts at that position. Plus, when Gates is on a bye week, I've already got a solid TE start. Bulger is a the nuts and Fitzgerald is primed for a big year. Add Gates, the best tight end and that's my core obviously. My starting defense is DALLAS not Buffalo, I just picked up Buffalo at the end, I won't be keeping them. The way fantasy football works with your weaker spots is based on weekly matchups. I only have one legit starting WR, but am confident that I can plug in some good mach ups to fill out the other spots. LJ Smith is actually going to be my #2, and Bennet, when the Rams play a soft passing D will be excellent for me with the Bulger-Bennet combo. Bennet will get loads of touches with I. Bruce aging quickly. Besides, that offensive is stacked anyway. I also picked up two rookie WR's that could end up helping out a lot for me. Bowe in KC , and Tad Perry who will be the #3 in Cincy. Not stars, but I've already got plenty of those. Drew and Jacobs are TD machines and that's what this league is truly all about.
Ooops, didn't see Dallas there. Look for Bowe to have a pretty good year. I like that move to pick him up a lot. Kansas City has no options at the WR spot really. Eddie Kennison is a piece of shit so Bowe should get a lot of chances right away. Bowe has the NFL size and look so as the year progresses I think Bowe will keep getting better. Very nice pick up.LJ Smith is injured right now just so you know. I follow the Eagles very closely and he might end up missing week 1. You should just keep an eye out on that. He is recovering from a sports hernia injury and he pulled his groin his first day doing full contact drills in training camp. He's going to miss Sunday nights game against the Steelers for sure and they are being very careful with him.If LJ misses week 1...Look to pick up either Brent Celek or Matt Schobel from the Eagles. Both of them are having excellent camps and both have done a WONDERFUL job in preseason without Smith, especially Brent Celek. Schobel also had a 58 yard catch against the Panthers last friday night. I think picking up one of them would be good insurance because the Eagles like using their tight ends so if Smith doesn't play one of these guys will step up.

I think you're fine at WR in a 14 team league. Fitzgerald should have a terrific year and I think Bowe will be real good too.I think RB is your serious problem, and in fantasy thats a killer. Both guys aren't proven yet in my mind, Jones-Drew with just the one big year and Jacobs never being the starter before. I think they'll both see considerably less carries than a true #1 RB, and them being the only two RB on your roster leaves zero room for error.

can you post the full roster for the guy who bought LT for 49? Just curious to do some research on this for myself. Interesting league w/ the auction. Could you post up the details of that as well. Might go with this type of deal with some of my friends next year who like a bit more of a challenge. Best I can get so far is using Yahoo. granted most of them dont want to really get into this hardcore but a few would really enjoy it and we could do a 2nd more intense series next year.
We use Yahoo also, but we all get together at a bar to do the auction, then the commish enters the lineups later. Team 2tough looks like this:QB: Steve McNair, Bal.RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, SD.RB: Deuce McAllister, NO.WR: Greg Jennings, GB.WR: Brandon Jones, Ten.W/T: Anthony Gonzalez, Ind.TE: Todd Heap, Bal.K: Nate Keading, SD.DEF: San DIEGOBENCH: WR Derek Mason, Bal.BENCH: QB Jay Cutler, Den.BENCH: RB Fred Taylor, Jac.BENCH: Brandon Marshall, Den.BENCH: Kevin Walter, Hou.
We use Yahoo also, but we all get together at a bar to do the auction, then the commish enters the lineups later. Team 2tough looks like this:QB: Steve McNair, Bal.RB: Ladanian Tomlinson, SD.RB: Deuce McAllister, NO.WR: Greg Jennings, GB.WR: Brandon Jones, Ten.W/T: Anthony Gonzalez, Ind.TE: Todd Heap, Bal.K: Nate Keading, SD.DEF: San DIEGOBENCH: WR Derek Mason, Bal.BENCH: QB Jay Cutler, Den.BENCH: RB Fred Taylor, Jac.BENCH: Brandon Marshall, Den.BENCH: Kevin Walter, Hou.
Wow, that team is too tough. Besides LT. two top TEs, two good QBs, two runners who will at least split the load on their teams maybe more. Great Kicker and D, not that those should make a huge difference in fantasy. Only spot that might be rough is WR but Marshall or Mason could be better than expected, plus there's usually a Colston or two that come out of nowhere.Well done by team2tough
Wow, that team is too tough. Besides LT. two top TEs, two good QBs, two runners who will at least split the load on their teams maybe more. Great Kicker and D, not that those should make a huge difference in fantasy. Only spot that might be rough is WR but Marshall or Mason could be better than expected, plus there's usually a Colston or two that come out of nowhere.Well done by team2tough
That's Anthony Gonzalez (Colts rookie WR) not the TE Tony Gonzalez.
I've made two transactions already; ReleaseWR Reggie Williams Jac.WR Antwan Randel El, Was.Pick UpRB Fred Taylor Jac. (to go with Drew)WR Amani Toomer, NYG.
wow, Taylor wasn't taken at the draft?nice steal
wow, Taylor wasn't taken at the draft?nice steal
He was taken, but then I noticed on the waiver wire that he was dropped and was quick to pick him up. Depth in this pool is rarely solidified at the auction draft, it's done by making solid pick ups on the waiver wire. Being active with a team that isn't deep at all positions is essential.

Nice pick up with Toomer. You have GREAT depth at WR for sure. I like picking up Taylor to go with Drew. I had a good fantasy year last year because I had Bush and Deuce in one of my leagues. I think having two solid RBs that are on the same team is smart. You're really going to need Jacobs to have a breakout season for you though.

your team looks pretty good there...bulger is a top 10 QB, jones-drew and taylor are definitely worth having, fitzgerald is a top 5 WR, you have the best TE in football and another guy who is top 10, even a really good kicker and a decent defense...since you said your scoring system is TD-heavy, then jacobs is a good option alsoonly worrisome problem i can see is what you already pointed out, you have trouble at wideout...smith is your second wideout for sure and though you have depth there i'm not liking any of the options...i don't think you're going to get many points out of bennett, the rams are running the ball now more than ever with steven jackson, and they have a go-to target in torry holt who teams can double every single play and he still gets his catches...dwayne bowe would be a promising option if the chiefs had someone to throw to him and amani toomer is the third target in an offense with an incredibly inconsistent quarterback who has an unproven running game and a mediocre offensive line...your best option might be tab perry as the third receiver in cincinnati, and he will only be worth something for half the season until chris henry returnsonly real change i would make is considering getting rid of one of those WRs on your bench(bowe would be the first guy to go imo) and getting a fourth RB

Bad news on the Fred Taylor pick up, Peter "Nordberg" Feldman was higher up on the waiver wire list so he nabbed him first. Now there is garbage remaining, Michael Turner, Ron Dayne, and other crappy backs...

Bad news on the Fred Taylor pick up, Peter "Nordberg" Feldman was higher up on the waiver wire list so he nabbed him first. Now there is garbage remaining, Michael Turner, Ron Dayne, and other crappy backs...
Dayne did surprisingly well the last few games of last season for me, I'd picked him up off waivers out of desperation. Ahman might not stay healthy all year. Turner has a high ankle sprain, fyi.