Official High Stakes Poker Thread

Safai might be the most annoying HSP player ever. His whining about folding the J3s against Sammy and DN when he would've hit a flush (and gotten no action) was ridiculous. Oh, and he kept talking about how 84s is his favorite hand.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the hand I thought was funny tonight was Sammy vs Hellmuth - KQ vs KJ - sammy's on tilt and raises phils flop bet on a king high boardand even sammy on tilt knows to lay it down when Phil goes all in - he calls against every other player at that table

he plays KJ like a champ though.Mark
So, are you gonna make that FT again in '08? lol.I'll give you $500 afterwards if you bust with KJ again, $2k if you get Cantu to call.
Another excellent episodeJen Harman vs DN - sick, sick, sickSafai's call vs Baxter - vnh, sirWonder what DN and Jen picked up on Jamie?
I really think it's was when Gold said "you don't want to be bluffed two times in a row"
I really think it's was when Gold said "you don't want to be bluffed two times in a row"
"I might be bluffing..."For some reason right when he said htat I thought: "Shut up dude, you don't need to say anything, you just blew it"
that was it you could hear when he whispered (badly) to jengabe's math not so good that double suckout was at least 10-1 he was 30% running it once so with replacement winning twice was 9% without replacement like they run it its probably worse since some of his outs are gonelol at the moron who said are the just going to run the last two cards twice!poor jen god i hate bottom 2down with Hellmuth up size cash - he becomes a little kitty cat - bambiwhen did sammy stop not smoking cigarettes and start not smoking cigars?
So, are you gonna make that FT again in '08? lol.I'll give you $500 afterwards if you bust with KJ again, $2k if you get Cantu to call.
It would be worth it just for the story. I'll see what I can do next summer... :)Mark

I loved when Sammy was talking during the AQ vs AQh hand to Jaime Gold and Gold tells him, after Sammy goes all in, that "That was MY move Sammy" and without even blinking he goes "OH well then I call!". So hilarious.And is it just me or could Jaime Gold win the biggest douche in the universe award. I know DN was just hoping that he could get a hand in when Jaime is being Jaime. I will say that he is good for the game, but still a douche.

I just wanna point out that just because he won the pot doesn't make Safai's call on Baxter a good one. He's a fish, he flopped top pair and was willing to go broke with it, which is why everyone was trying to keep him in the game. It was down right horrible and he can't beat anything. Props to Baxter for firing huge on the turn.

Another excellent episodeJen Harman vs DN - sick, sick, sickSafai's call vs Baxter - vnh, sirWonder what DN and Jen picked up on Jamie?
there were seriously about 5 things that he did that gave away the weakness of his hand, even though its a tough call with a pair of sevens on that board. Against good players his play is fairly exploitable especially when he starts talking and the fact that he is giving away so much free information by showing his hands with some of the best players in the world sitting at the same table.
It would be worth it just for the story. I'll see what I can do next summer... :)Mark
I'll also toss in an extra 4k if he calls with 10's.This could be one very expensive bet, but somehow, I don't think it's going to happen (though I could be wrong)Regardless, it'd be well worth the story.
I just wanna point out that just because he won the pot doesn't make Safai's call on Baxter a good one. He's a fish, he flopped top pair and was willing to go broke with it, which is why everyone was trying to keep him in the game. It was down right horrible and he can't beat anything. Props to Baxter for firing huge on the turn.
Safai was tilting enough to make that call, that was the factor that caused Baxter to lose that monster. Even though his bet was great on the turn it may have been a mistake due to the fact that Safai was so wide open.
From the next episode's previews it looks like Safai is about to lose his whole stack.

Gabe commented that Safai had played a lot with Baxter and I took that at face value. From what we've seen though I think the assessment that Safai was tilting and willing to go broke with TP is probably the right one. Safai has been tilted about half the time he's been on screen.

I loved when Sammy was talking during the AQ vs AQh hand to Jaime Gold and Gold tells him, after Sammy goes all in, that "That was MY move Sammy" and without even blinking he goes "OH well then I call!". So hilarious.
Funniest thing I have heard in any episode of this show.
From the next episode's previews it looks like Safai is about to lose his whole stack.
It definitely looked like he was going to but instead he doubled up and left. Props to the guy for being able to leave. I know if I won that pot I would have stayed for a little while longer and try to win some more mobney. Next weeks episode looks fun!