Official High Stakes Poker Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far probably the best 2 hours of televised poker ever.Still why in the world would Brian dude not value bet his trip 7s.
Beacuse phils bet did not make sense and if he was doing it to get him to raise, so he could reraise 50K or so, then he probably could not call.Also, does any feel like this season so far is like dry humping since we all know there is soon to be 4+ Million of the talbe.
Shoot. okay scratch that remark about making more than him.....
Google is my friend and I was right.Congress establishes presidential salaries. Originally, the president earned $25,000, and this was doubled to $50,000 in 1873. In 1907 Congress added an annual $25,000 stipend for expenses connected with the office. The president’s salary increased to $75,000 in 1909 and went up again to $100,000 in 1949. At that time the expense allowance also increased to $90,000. In 1969 the salary advanced to $200,000, with $100,000 budgeted for travel and another $50,000 for expenses. In 2001 the salary increased to $400,000 plus $50,000 for expenses. Because the president’s official duties incur far more expenses than the expense budget can cover, agencies of the federal government often assume responsibility for presidential events. The Department of Defense, for example, pays the cost of having a military band perform at White House social functions and ceremonies.For most of America’s history, retired presidents did not receive a pension. In 1958 Congress passed the Former Presidents Act, which gave retired presidents a pension of $25,000 per year, an office, and a staff. Congress has increased the pension several times. Former presidents now receive a pension that is based on the annual salary of a cabinet secretary, which was $161,200 in 2001. Former presidents have historically been given a generous allowance for office and staff. Beginning with Democrat Bill Clinton, presidents (or their surviving widows or widowers) will receive funds for an office and staff for four and one-half years after they leave office.

I love how that Brian dude gave it back to Phil Hellmuth!Phil: *crying after losing a big pot* "Just out of curiosity, what did you put me on?"Brian: "I put you on a middle pair, and I was gonna beat your ass!" Phil: *crickets*Table explodes in laughter and everyone tells Brian they love him.

I love how that Brandon dude gave it back to Phil Hellmuth!Phil: *crying after losing a big pot* "Just out of curiosity, what did you put me on?"Brandon: "I put you on a middle pair, and I was gonna beat your ass!" Phil: *crickets*Table explodes in laughter and everyone tells Brandon they love him.
what would poker be without phil hellmuth

That Brian Brandon is really ****ing annoying. Maybe if he didn't take 5 minutes on every hand we would be able to see more than one hand in between commercials. It looks like the new guy that they just brought on might like to gamble. The next episode is going to be good.

I've just downloaded the torrent from thepokerbay.org but I don't have a player that will play it. What do you guys use for files ending in .DSR.XviD-W4f?
I recommend VLC media player. An IT friend o f mine recommended it a couple of years ago, and he basically told me that if you cannot play a file with VLC than it is probably a corrupt file. Hope it helps.
I recommend VLC media player. An IT friend o f mine recommended it a couple of years ago, and he basically told me that if you cannot play a file with VLC than it is probably a corrupt file. Hope it helps.
I think you need WinRar to decompress the files and then you can play them in just about anything.

Definitely the best two hours of poker on TV I 've ever seen. Still don't understand why GSN doesn't sell DVD's of this show ... I'd buy them in a heartbeat.I hate it when people take forever on every decision ... that Brian guy is definitely getting on me nerves.I think Phil did play his 9's like a genuis assuming he wanted to see the hand through to the end no amtter what ... 2 overs, opponent betting the flop. Maybe coulda bet the turn but Brian has a real hard on for him so he'd probably call for sure. Instead, a very quick check kinda scares Brian and then the 2500 on the river really froze him.MM w/ 44??? LOL! 2/7 is the nutz .... every player on every hand is thinking about it, really adds to the game.

I really dislike this table so far entertainment wise, Laak is uber-annoying, T.Brunson is boring, that Brandon guy slows the game down dramatically (which leads to more annoying Laak-ness for the cameras) and Matusow wears on me bore-wise 90% of the time (though the other 10% can be admittedly awesome). Aside from Hellmuth (mostly for his quips and incessant complaining) and Esfandiari (whom I enjoy seeing play on HSP), the 1st 2 weeks of this table have been a bit of a snooze fest IMO. Although I do enjoy watching players risk huge bets to win the 2-7 bets when they usually have a good sense that there is no way their opponent is folding in certain spots.

Todd is always boring on TV. He comes off as really grumpy and surprisingly nitty. Though if you're at a table full of "look how much of a degenerate gambler I'm am" players and the money is semi-serious stakes I can understand why. Still if I were the producer I wouldn't invite him back.I actually like Laak - specially when Esfandiari is at the table. Matusow and Helmuth are annoying as hell but that makes for good TV.

Imo the first 2 episodes of this season have been 2 of the best in the entire HSP series. This is in terms of both entertainment value and interesting hands. The 2-7 game definitely brings an action element to the game, especially w/players who have massive egos like Hellmuth, Mike, Brandon. It kind of sucks for the players who didn't get to play in this lineup, as it seems ridiculously soft for a 300/600nl game. I think Esfandiari, Haralabous, and Laak have a huge edge in this game.

Why did Esfandiari stand up? I have to think that he was probably the best NL cash player at the table and the action was certainly there. This new guy should be interesting though.

This new guy should be interesting though.
I have to imagine Laak was trying to goad him into showing the QQ hand at the end there wanting to reaffirm that it was a big pair. I can't imagine him actually thinking a fresh player in his 1st appearance on a televised poker show in his 1st hand would fire a 3 shelled bluff. I was a tad surprised he didn't try to reverse the polarity when the ace hit.

I still want to find a copy of the Battle of the Sexes episode(s) where Flack is drunk out of his mind calling off his stack vs Liebert's boat HU and making Evelyn Ng reach across the table for the chips.

I still want to find a copy of the Battle of the Sexes episode(s) where Flack is drunk out of his mind calling off his stack vs Liebert's boat HU and making Evelyn Ng reach across the table for the chips.
any chance u know what eopisode?i havnt seen taht lol..what season even...?