Official High Stakes Poker Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not positive but I would assume pokertube.com will have the episodes after they air aswellso happy the place i moved into has GSN, now i can watch every episode....WEEEEEEEEE

All these will get released on TorrentLeech also, i have all the current released WSOP 2007 episodes and i live in Ireland!They have not even started showing them here yet.Converted to DVD and watch them in my bed lol

I am very very excitied about this... now I just have to make friends with someone that has GSN.If you didn't know it premiers next Monday the 27th.High Stakes PokerHIGH STAKES POKER: Season 4 promises to be the richest cash game on TV. Get set because the last seven episodes of this new season will showcase $5 million+ on the table. Once again the world's top players and personalities face-off against newcomers putting-up at least $500,000 of their own cash in a private, no-limit game of Texas Hold'em. The line-up of players includes the controversial Phil Hellmuth (returning after a long absence) the legendary Doyle Brunson, the charismatic Daniel Negreanu and 2006 WSOP champion Jamie Gold. In addition, popular pros will also return including Mike 'The Mouth' Matusow, Jennifer Harman, Barry Greenstein, Eli Elezra, Phil 'Unabomber' Laak, Sammy Farha, and Todd Brunson.Discuss
FYP
Over/Under on how many times Sammy Farha says, 'Are you seeeriouse?!', this season?
Going to run an over/under on the number of times he wants to run it twice too?

Newcomers for the first episode will be:Brian Brandon from ChicagoAntonio Salorio from FloridaHaralabos Voulgaris from Los Angeles. (Pro)There will be two big time amatuers playing this season as well. They wont be boring either, they will get the money flyingMike BaxterBob SafariOther newcomers for the seasonPhil GalfondGuy LaliberteBrandon Adamshttp://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/8/Poker...ni-part-one.htmGo to this link, and it should heighten your excitement for the upcoming season.

I would like to know who the newcomers are going to be.
Here's a list of the new players taken from the magazine ALL IN.Brandon AdamsPrevious HSP Appearances: None• Born in 1978, teaches Behavioral Finance at Harvard• Semi-professional cash-game player, playing NLHE as high as $200/$400• Career tournament winnings in excess of $168,000, including a final table at the 2005 Tournament of Champions• Has written two books, one entitled Broke: A Poker NovelMike BaxterPrevious HSP Appearances: None• Works as a hedge fund manager in California• Born in 1963, has played poker since he was a kid, No-Limit Hold ’Em for about 10 years• Strictly a recreational high-stakes cash-game player• Loves to give action, and feels he is considered fearless by his opponentsBrian BrandonPrevious HSP Appearances: None• Born in 1970 and lives in downtown Chicago, where he’s a Eurodollar options trader• Career tournament winnings just under $64,000, including a cash in the 2006 WSOP Main Event• Spends an equal amount of time between tournaments and high-stakes cash games• Not shy about engaging in verbal confrontations at the tablePhil GalfondPrevious HSP Appearances: None• Born in 1985 and resides in Madison, Wisconsin• Full-time poker professional who primarily plays online, where he engages in No-Limit games as high as $300/$600• Specializes in heads-up play• Recently started doing poker writing on the sideGuy LalibertePrevious HSP Appearances: None• Born in 1959 and is a resident of Montreal, Quebec• Co-founded the Cirque du Soleil in 1984, and now serves as its CEO• Career tournament winnings in excess of $747,000, thanks to a fourth-place finish at the 2007 WPT Championship• A relative newcomer to poker, but loves playing against the game’s bestBob SafaiPrevious HSP Appearances: None• Born in 1962 and owns a successful real estate company in Los Angeles• Considers poker a hobby, and is strictly a recreational player • Has played high-stakes cash games for 10 years, competing in No-Limit Hold ’Em as high as $500/$1000• Describes himself as the loosest guy at the tableTony SalorioPrevious HSP Appearances: None• Born in 1970 and resides in Coral Springs, Florida, where he owns a general contracting business• Follows the tour one week a month to play in high-stakes side action• Has been playing poker for only three years• Strictly an amateur player who is perceived as loose-aggressive at the tableHaralabos VoulgarisPrevious HSP Appearances: None• Born in 1975 in Canada, he now lives in the Hollywood Hills• Professional sports bettor since age 21• Career tournament winnings in excess of $1.2-million, mostly from a second-place finish at the 2005 L.A. Poker Classic• Likes to talk at the tables, and prides himself on having a dry sense of humor
Haralabos VoulgarisPrevious HSP Appearances: None• Born in 1975 in Canada, he now lives in the Hollywood Hills• Professional sports bettor since age 21• Career tournament winnings in excess of $1.2-million, mostly from a second-place finish at the 2005 L.A. Poker Classic• Likes to talk at the tables, and prides himself on having a dry sense of humor
He did an interview on the circuit a while back that was all kinds of funny.

A couple of things to the OP-shouldn't this be in the 'Poker on TV' section (though because it is so popular I understand why it isn't) and I thought the players needed to bring a minimum of 500k this year, not 100k.

A couple of things to the OP-shouldn't this be in the 'Poker on TV' section (though because it is so popular I understand why it isn't) and I thought the players needed to bring a minimum of 500k this year, not 100k.
I copied and pasted from GSN, so they have a typo.. I did fix it though. I think we need a highstakes poker thread to keep people from making other threads in general about every big hand that gets played.If the mods move it... so be it.
They're showing three episodes in a row. I *think* the new episode is the second one... at least that's the one I'm getting the PVR to grab. Did I get it right?
they're showing 3 in a row TONIGHT?!

After reading Patrik Antonius's blog the final 7 episodes will be great viewing. According to Patrik there are some major bluffs going on between Gold & Farha and it creates some real loose action with some huge pots. He heavily suggests he wins a couple of huge pots.... can't wait to see!