No Not Baxter Deep In Ftops Me

The QJs is a 100% must shove there. Mustttttttttttttttttttttttt shove.edit: I think
Don't get me wrong. i'm with ya 95% there. But I like to think differently on situations like that, because if you take a step back, having 1.5M, a poor "tilting" table image, and the BB has 650k with 80k in the BB....is it really auto-shove? I think because of the image, the K-Js, K-Qs, K-Ts, A-x, hands that normally fold are suddenly calling, which puts our fold equity down to hands that would go into the muck for 200k just as easily. I think there are some other ways to play it, most of them with the same result, but I don't mind folding the best of it and letting weaker marginal hands shove me off from time to time. If the BB had 400k, it's much easier. If the BB had 900k, you can make it 200k to go. Such an odd effed up spot, but open to discussion....I'm in the 90-95% agree with the shove, but my "gut" told me there was alternative ways to play that and not lose 650k of the 1.5M.It's one of those "there's the rest of the world, and then there's me" moments.
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is so unlucky? after his AA got cracked and he was back to 2.5 million he played pretty reckless, putting himself in about 4-5 very marginal spots...he did seem to play very well up to that point tho and who knows what happens if that AA holds... gg man
No single hand after the AA was too unlucky on it's own. But to lose 5 consecutive races and 60/40's like that is kinda sick IMO. Not gonna argue his plays there it's not my territory.Edit: on a side note what do people think of the guys call with TT there? Even with Baxter's image atm is his range wide enough to warrant a call? He's going to be in a race or worse most times i think for $7K real money that I don't think I make that call.
Don't get me wrong. i'm with ya 95% there. But I like to think differently on situations like that, because if you take a step back, having 1.5M, a poor "tilting" table image, and the BB has 650k with 80k in the BB....is it really auto-shove?I think there are some other ways to play it, most of them with the same result, but I don't mind folding the best of it and letting weaker marginal hands shove me off from time to time. If the BB had 400k, it's much easier. If the BB had 900k, you can make it 200k to go. Such an odd effed up spot, but open to discussion....I'm in the 90-95% agree with the shove, but my "gut" told me there was alternative ways to play that and not lose 650k of the 1.5M.
Pretty sure I am a blind nit and I would never EVER, EVER, EVER do anything but shove QJ on the BB there in ANY tourney and absolutely 1000% on the FT table bubble of a HUGE tourney. I mean, everyone thought he slowrolled NNB but I seriously think the guy considered folding 10 10 there. I just saw that guy flat call AK at the FT to someone that had been opening a ton of pots. I mean, if he almost folded 10 10 there then oh my, this push is soooooo +EV.
Pretty sure I am a blind nit and I would never EVER, EVER, EVER do anything but shove QJ on the BB there in ANY tourney and absolutely 1000% on the FT table bubble of a HUGE tourney. I mean, everyone thought he slowrolled NNB but I seriously think the guy considered folding 10 10 there. I just saw that guy flat call AK at the FT to someone that had been opening a ton of pots. I mean, if he almost folded 10 10 there then oh my, this push is soooooo +EV.
It wasn't a slowroll there was an all-in at the other table that he was def. watching. Short stack flopped a set as soon as his set held the guy called.
I know I'd be in the slight minority on this one, and I'll sleep on it. I'm still 90% shove, something just really irked me about it tho. My gut told me otherwise and I'm not even playing the damn hand ya know. I wasn't monday morning QB'ing it, I was playing right along with him thinking of how I'd play "x-x" in that spot before he called with TT. My READ on baxter was that he had a hand like K-J, so I'm wondering if a good player is sitting there reading the situation right, what's his fold range going to be? But this particular player may have seriously considered folding TT (doubtful) which means this play was spot on.It's not really worth debating, I don't think anyone really minds the shove much really. Was just trying to squeeze out that little side of me trying to think of my own angle. Crazy poker crap goes through my head, and I just trust the crazy poker crap side over logic and it usually works out ok.
Edit: on a side note what do people think of the guys call with TT there? Even with Baxter's image atm is his range wide enough to warrant a call? He's going to be in a race or worse most times i think for $7K real money that I don't think I make that call.
There's just no way you can ever find a fold here with TT, I think. There are far better tournament players than me reading this thread, but I can't see any way you get away from TT on the BB with a small stack against a SB push.
Edit: on a side note what do people think of the guys call with TT there? Even with Baxter's image atm is his range wide enough to warrant a call? He's going to be in a race or worse most times i think for $7K real money that I don't think I make that call.
Turbo insta call. Probably break my computer hitting the call button.
there was somre really drunk guys on the rail being totallys awesome.
god i wish i wasnt sober last night, toilet+kevlar = lol
The QJ is def not standard imho, but I agree with the play most of the time.I agree you likely are going to call a raise if reraised, but shoving looks really really weak and you are making it easier for hands like A8 to like their hand a lot more. Granted, you also don't want to leave your opponent "fold equity" that is not there, but I still like a lot of varying playings with QcJc. For starters, your image was currently in a poor state. I wouldn't mind limping there either as bad as that sounds. It wasn't bad, but it's not standard. IMHO, whenever you open shove 10BB's or more online, you are basically eliminating the top 5 hands from your range, and I like to keep those hands in my range at all times for my opponents to fear.
In light of your recent success, this baffles me. I know your understanding of the game exceeds this thought process. Great job baxter
In light of your recent success, this baffles me. I know your understanding of the game exceeds this thought process. Great job baxter
He also wasn't open shoving 10 BB's since his opponent didn't have 10 BB's.
what is so unlucky? after his AA got cracked and he was back to 2.5 million he played pretty reckless, putting himself in about 4-5 very marginal spots...
Just read over the HHs from pokerhaus and here.....the point is he was like 3/14 pushing in these marginal spots were just unnecessary with this structure...(was not even close to a crap shoot with blinds)I'd of played it much diff. (tighter) and exploited my edge at the FT.........he obv must of played well to get to that point but he was 3/14 and got 13th in the biggest tourney of his life....he lost 2.5 million while just one person got elminated people... LOL?
Just read over the HHs from pokerhaus and here.....the point is he was like 3/14 pushing in these marginal spots were just unnecessary with this structure...(was not even close to a crap shoot with blinds)I'd of played it much diff. (tighter) and exploited my edge at the FT.........he obv must of played well to get to that point but he was 3/14 and got 13th in the biggest tourney of his life....he lost 2.5 million while just one person got elminated people... LOL?
LOL is your bankroll
I was looking for a phil hellmuth insta call example on youtube..i know the HSP one...but I found a diff one that was hilarious...I couldn't find it again...but instead found this...totally off topic but devilfish hates life i thinkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyzZDCG43hI...ted&search=- Jordanoh edit, here it is hahahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qz3j8UaD-Q...ted&search=
GG Baxter!!! I'm sure this won't be the last time u get deep in an event like this!!That reminds me of my Heartland Poker Tour KO hand....43 left...40 pay....I have like 10 bb's...I get 55 in hiajck...I shove uber nitty BB. Before he even looks he has this "Dangit...please don't give me a hand here on the bubble" look on his face. As he peeks at his hole cards he turns ghost white....tanks for 5 minutes staring at clock...number of people left...etc....finally...he finds the smallest testicles ever and calls....obv 10's....gg me!OBV w/ ya there Rdog....I call before he can shove em in!!!!