Hate This Line?

I've only been at this table for a few hands and villain hasn't played a hand yet. Ok, I call p/f to a standard raise with a marginal ace.Is the c/r on the flop ok to his continuation bet?When he called the c/r I figured I was beaten but is a feeler/blocking bet ok here? maybe 1200?Check and see what he does on the turn, possible dumping to a reasonable bet?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero (t10315)UTG (t19040)UTG+1 (t11816)MP1 (t16688)MP2 (t2115)MP3 (t2960)CO (t12207)Button (t7770)SB (t1235)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :club: , J :D . 2 folds, MP1 raises to t1200, 5 folds, Hero calls t800.Flop: (t2200) 4 :D , Q :D , A :)(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets t800, Hero raises to t2400, MP1 calls t1600.Turn: (t7000) 9 :D(2 players)

if you think the spade could scare him into folding, shoving as a bluff is an option, but otherwise just check and hope the spade freezes him(assuming you were beat on the flop), you might get a free shot to catch a jack and beat him

I wonder if we can safely assume that most F.Ds would fold here getting only 2.8-1 odds to call the raise... Since you CR the flop he may be suspicious of another CR and so will check behind you. I would probably check here.

I almost always follow up all of my flop c/r's w/ a turn bet. I think you can shove here and get him to fold a fair amount of hands that have you beat. Checking is pretty weak, and gives him a chance to rep the flush, but if he is passive, then you can probably do that if you want to play pot control (which is pretty bizarre after the c/r). A block bet is pretty interesting, and I suppose it could work, but I would rather just shove.Also, I think I might fold pf here to a raise from MP1, but I think it's close.

Tough situation - I like the c/r on the flop but of course his call makes things tough. The problem is that your remaining stack is about equal to the pot so it's either hope that you can check down to a free showdown (not likely) or shove the turn.Putting aside villain just floating the flop with air, the only big ace you're ahead of is A10 and you chop with AJ. If villain has an ace, then it's 50/50 that he has the As which makes things worse. If he has the Ahx, then I could seem him calling your raise to see if a non-spade falls on the turn which didn't happen. KK and KQ might float the flop as well after your bet.I probably shove here as the blinds are 200/400 w ante, so your M is falling into the danger zone and gamble.

So, what exactly is he calling a check-raise on the flop with that you are beating on the turn?You've put 3600 in the pot, and still have no clue where you are in the hand.There is no reason to "gamble" further. You aren't really ahead of anything feasible at this point, there was no legit straight draw on that board, just the flush. He raised you from MP1, not a steal position. The time to gamble was on the flop, a shove was your best chance to pick up $2250 of other people's money. You aren't getting a better flop than that for AJ. This is also why playing these types of hands oop late in tournaments is so downright scary. I think if we all kept a notepad by the computer desk and kept track of every time we busted out of a tourney late, I'd be really interested to see what % of the time we write down AJ/AQ. Too good to fold, yet almost impossible to flop comfotably with.You still have 6700 in chips, you have an M of almost 11 at a full ring table. As played, fold and move on. We don't win tourneys by winning every pot, and 6700 is still plenty to make a run with. You let the size of the pot get out of control and the only card you didn't want to see popped on the turn. This is not a +EV situation. Even betting 2700 on that turn into 7k, which would likely make a non-flush fold, leaves us with an M of about 6 and completely destroys our table image when we fold on the river. Better to save the "bet the scare card" play for when we aren't 90% certain the scare card actually helped the villain.. lol

If you feel comfortable playing the short stack check and fold to any further action, if you don't then shovel. But in all honesty I really think we are behind here the 800 bet on the flop turns scary once he calls the c/r especially when the spade hits. Asplayed I think we are almost always behind so I would c/ fold

Fold pre-flop.Since you did not do that, lead out on the flop for 1/2 pot. Fold to a raise, and if called, check the turn UI.Since you did not do that, check the turn and fold to a bet anywhere.

What buy in is this? Call is fine IMO. But after that have to agree with Monix, lead out. As is, with him calling the reraise, Not much you are beating, check/fold. If you had more specific reads on this guy maybe a couple of other options but vs generic OK oponent, think you need to shut down.

So, what exactly is he calling a check-raise on the flop with that you are beating on the turn?You've put 3600 in the pot, and still have no clue where you are in the hand.There is no reason to "gamble" further. You aren't really ahead of anything feasible at this point, there was no legit straight draw on that board, just the flush. He raised you from MP1, not a steal position. The time to gamble was on the flop, a shove was your best chance to pick up $2250 of other people's money. You aren't getting a better flop than that for AJ. This is also why playing these types of hands oop late in tournaments is so downright scary. I think if we all kept a notepad by the computer desk and kept track of every time we busted out of a tourney late, I'd be really interested to see what % of the time we write down AJ/AQ. Too good to fold, yet almost impossible to flop comfotably with.You still have 6700 in chips, you have an M of almost 11 at a full ring table. As played, fold and move on. We don't win tourneys by winning every pot, and 6700 is still plenty to make a run with. You let the size of the pot get out of control and the only card you didn't want to see popped on the turn. This is not a +EV situation. Even betting 2700 on that turn into 7k, which would likely make a non-flush fold, leaves us with an M of about 6 and completely destroys our table image when we fold on the river. Better to save the "bet the scare card" play for when we aren't 90% certain the scare card actually helped the villain.. lol
co-sign 100%, perfect response.
What buy in is this? Call is fine IMO. But after that have to agree with Monix, lead out. As is, with him calling the reraise, Not much you are beating, check/fold. If you had more specific reads on this guy maybe a couple of other options but vs generic OK oponent, think you need to shut down.
$55 buyinI felt I was behind when he called my c/r.
Read no responses, I like the flop play. That turn sucks, and as much as it sucks I C/F the turn.
c/f was where I was going with this until the trickster CHECKED THE TURN(Al Smooth style)!Closure:turn: check checkriver 2shero checksvillain bets 1200hero foldsvillain kindly shows AKs I appreciate the comments. There was no way I'm shoving the turn after he called my c/r. When he checked the turn, I was hoping he had KsKx. The river killed any chance of me winning this pot. There are so many ways to play this hand and I got lost in this one.