I-n-n-o-c-e-n-t....

I do not criticize you for deciding to withhold your judgment. However, the fact that we have a judicial system does not mean that individuals can not (or should not) form their own opinions. The courts only decide the guilt or innocense for the purposes of determining the community's official label and assigning any punishment. The court represents the community's "official" opinion -- which does not have to be the same opinion of each person within that community.In the end, we are all judged not only by the government, but by those who know us ... by God ... etc. The courts do not issue the only judgments.Also, I doubt that Daniel would actually committ the acts of brutality he described should he someday find himself in the presence of Michael Vick. He was expressing his outrage ... not describing a plan he actually plans to carry out. There's a difference.
No, an opinion is an opinion, what he did was attack another person for a crime he has not been proven to have committed, I really would like to know if Daniel has seen the prosecutions case, my guess is he has not and therefore it is an opinion based on rumor, not fact and that is my problem. As too your last paragraph, I did not say he would do the acts of violence, I said it was shameful to endorse such acts.
Now this is just where it gets wierd, you say he should be hurt and legs ripped off. This sir is so utterly stupid, to say you wish pain on another human being is both sad and repulsive, that is something a brute would say. No other human deserves pain by another unless in defense of their own or anothers saftey. Why? well because him getting hurt accomplishes nothing.... NOTHING, its just more pain and we need no more of that in our world. What does he deserve if he is found guilty? Community service, to be served helping animals and his community and maybe some jail time to think about what he has done. As to his career if he is found guilty there is no doubt in my mind that Micheal Vick will be banished from the NFL, and that he will loose most of his commercial contracts. And about speciesism(sp?) if you wanna have a debate about how this is the same a racial or gender discrimination I am all for it, I would say no to that. Is hurting dogs bad and punishable by law, yes.... Is it the same as killing a human being... No and why not because laws were created by humans and for humans. Too explain my reasoning here is an example. By your standards in your blog if a dog rips an ear of my young child does the dog deserve for its ear to be chopped off, is that what you mean?[/quote]The law says the dog will be killed.and Vick is guilty. Of making money off the cruel torture of animals. So what's good for the goose.....
Yes that what the law says, but it was an illustration of his flawed logic, not the law system.
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, an opinion is an opinion, what he did was attack another person for a crime he has not been proven to have committed, I really would like to know if Daniel has seen the prosecutions case, my guess is he has not and therefore it is an opinion based on rumor, not fact and that is my problem. As too your last paragraph, I did not say he would do the acts of violence, I said it was shameful to endorse such acts.Yes that what the law says, but it was an illustration of his flawed logic, not the law system.
So, lets quit all the gum flappin' and get to the brass tacks.. you seem to thnk Vick is pure as the driven snow.. so.. would you care to wager if he does time for this or not? I'm willing to bet he is.. are you willing to bet he's not? If so, My name is "BigDMcGee" on stars.. we can have a third party hold the money.

The man has $120 million contract, adoring fans, sick amount of endorsments, almost any girl he wants? Yet he risks all this to stage stupid ass DOG Fights? Not only is it Cruel and unhumane it's POINTLESS? What did he get a rush off winning 10 000 K or is he a sicko that enjoys seeing BRUTALITY? Either way I say he gets more then a slap on the wrist!

I don't know who Michael Vick is and what he did (or supposedly did, whatever), but imo equating sexism and racism to mistreatment of animals is ridiculous. Organising dog-fights is descpicable and sick and wrong, but it's not even in the same universe of "wrongness" as keeping human slaves..."Speciesism" is a pretty absurd concept.

I don't know who Michael Vick is and what he did (or supposedly did, whatever), but imo equating sexism and racism to mistreatment of animals is ridiculous. Organising dog-fights is descpicable and sick and wrong, but it's not even in the same universe of "wrongness" as keeping human slaves..."Speciesism" is a pretty absurd concept.
whole other issue.
So, lets quit all the gum flappin' and get to the brass tacks.. you seem to thnk Vick is pure as the driven snow.. so.. would you care to wager if he does time for this or not? I'm willing to bet he is.. are you willing to bet he's not? If so, My name is "BigDMcGee" on stars.. we can have a third party hold the money.
BigD... that's a fallacy. All he's saying is jumping on the witch hunt before all the evidence is in, is wrong. Expressing an opinion is one thing, but wishing excruciating bodily harm on someone, when the trial isn't even over is pretty juvenile.DN, while a good card player, doesn't make him some all knowing sage. In fact, after reading that, I think the guy is a bit of a wanker. I'll venture a guess: (not knowing one way or another) Danny supports the death penalty?
if he avoids gambling charges he will probable play again once he gets out of jail.
His NFL suspension is more than likely going to be about the same amount of time as his sentence, and it won't even kick in until after he's released from jail. The way I see it, it's at least 2 1/2 years MINIMUM before he would even be eligible to play again, and considering he has one of the toughest judges in VA. and the fact that Goodell is an avid dog lover and human society donator, I would say his future in the NFL is bleak to say the least. He may pop up in the CFL or Arena in 4 years, but if you think this situation hasn't completely ruined his NFL career, you are just being extremely naive. He is screwed to the nth degree now.
if he avoids gambling charges he will probable play again once he gets out of jail.
Good luck on this..."The 'Bad Newz Kennels' operation and gambling monies were almost exclusively funded by Vick," according to statements by the two men.Those allegations alone could trigger a lifetime ban under the NFL's personal conduct policy.

He wont face those charges as they were in the indictment that would have been filed this week if he didnt take the plea. So if anything, he saved his career by taking the deal. He will probable be able to play in 2010.

He wont face those charges as they were in the indictment that would have been filed this week if he didnt take the plea. So if anything, he saved his career by taking the deal. He will probable be able to play in 2010.
3 seasons is a LONG time to miss in the NFL...ask anyone who knowns anything about the game...plus who is going to want the guy after this? And 3 seasons is actually being pretty conservative, if he gets the max. sentence it will be more like 2013 before he could play again, who knows maybe more. My money is on him never suiting up for the NFL ever again.
Well if he does come back, I hope this is where we next see him.saddam_hanging0103.jpg

I was wondering how long it would take DN to blog about this. I would have bet the under by far, he usually likes his opinions out there sooner than this...And to those who are saying that he was innocent until proven guilty... come on! Come on! Ok ok, come on... really?

I am waaaaay late getting back to this....vick.JPGNow, I can say the sight of him sickens me, too. I hope he is severly punished for the crimes he commited.

I am waaaaay late getting back to this....vick.JPGNow, I can say the sight of him sickens me, too. I hope he is severly punished for the crimes he commited.
you are straight up retarded. Yesterday there was about a 99.95 chance he was going to take a plea. Nothing has changed except he took it.
BigD... that's a fallacy. All he's saying is jumping on the witch hunt before all the evidence is in, is wrong. Expressing an opinion is one thing, but wishing excruciating bodily harm on someone, when the trial isn't even over is pretty juvenile.DN, while a good card player, doesn't make him some all knowing sage. In fact, after reading that, I think the guy is a bit of a wanker. I'll venture a guess: (not knowing one way or another) Danny supports the death penalty?
dude, all the evidence is in... he's having to take a plea because his three business partners are testifying against him. ALl you people are freaking dumb as rocks " Innocent till proven guilty, innocent till proven guilty!!!" are you all out of your minds? If you wanted me to bet on innocent, you have had to given me like 2000-1 type odds. Is there a CHANCE He was innocent.. well, sure, but it was so remote, you're a freaking loon to believe it.

now now, lets not jump to conclusions here. vick could be innocent and just taking the guilty plea cause he knew those "business partners" were gonna blame it on him. he still hasnt been proven guilty, so its wrong to criticize him. 13cards, im suprised at you for jumping on the vick hating bandwagon now. i thought you were better than that.